A Note About Patrick Ramsey

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

A Note About Patrick Ramsey

Postby The Skins Fan » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:56 pm

Well here's the way I feel about the QB deal--Patrick Ramsey has obviously earned the praise and the respect from all of us with his determination and his guts and his toughness from watching him pick himself up off of the turf after absorbing such poundings...Obviously he is our starting quarterback..He has proven he can lead a team to success and will do what he needs to do in order to try to make the team successful...But now because of all the repeated poundings, they have taken a toll on his body...He's banged up, he's sore, he's in pain, flat out--he's not healthy...Playoffs are out of the picture...I don't care what the mathematical numbers say, the Redskins are done and are now playing for pride...I would much rather see Ramsey take this entire week off...No practice and only suit him up on Sunday as an Emergency QB...there is no point in our starting #1 Quarterback to go out and play all banged --and for what purpose would it serve??? The only thing that will probably end up happening is right now he is even more of a sitting duck in the pocket then earlier this season b/c his injuries are going to hamper his movement, his agility, his speed and quickness which makes him very, very vulnerable...and I can see some linebacker on a blitz with an open lane and bury Ramsey into the ground and put him on injured reserve for the rest of the year and then have to worry about a recovery season from him next year...let him sit out and try to rest up and get healthy again (at least much healthier than he is right now)...we've got games against everybody in the NFC East before the end and we all know they are always very, very physical games...and personally I think it would be a STUPID move by Spurrier if he does start Ramsey---Especially when Hasselbeck has proved he can fill in and still be able to move the ball
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football