Spurrier HAS TO GO!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Spurrier HAS TO GO!

Postby ANT7088 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:13 pm

As much as I don't want to see another coaching change, I can't see this team succeeding under Spurrier (and the rest of the coaching staff). I think Snyder should take the loss & fire Spurrier, then do what ever it takes to get either Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Green or some kind of NFL experienced coach. I said it before, John Gruden won a superbowl (his first year) with the team Tony Dungy made. I don't want to get excited for another disapointing season (under Spurrier). I would rather keep the same players, have a normal off-season fixing our obvious problems, and get real coaches for these guys. As much as Champ Baily says hes gaurantees he would leave if Edwards left, if a coach like Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Green came in with there staff, I don't think Baily would stick to that, if he leaves it will be for selfish reasons. We have better odds of winning a superbowl next year with a real coaching staff, I'm sick of having to wonder if Spurrier is going to succeed next year. Take your loss this year Snyder, if not it will be uglier next year cause I'm sure (hope) Edwards is gone so we'll have another coordinator, then when Spurrier fails again next year, the new coach in 2005 (when Spurrier quits) is going to bring in his own defensive coordinator (is that 7, 8 or 9, in how many years? I lost track). If this happens we are gonna start losing ALL of these great players we have (Baily plays the way he plays because of these coaches). So do it NOW Danny-Boy, appoligize and redeem yourself by getting Jimmy or Dennis to coach here. It's only a 15 million dollar loss (lol).

piglet

Postby redskin mark » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:28 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!

I too filp-flop over this same question :-k

I just can't see how SOS will ever dominate, or even less, win consistently in the NFC East.

As I've posted earlier, his pass-happy schemes do not fit this division. Last week clearly proved the point. We needed to STRONGLY commit to the run (did you see that field??) and, instead we "pitched it around" quite a bit... especially to that Puke rookie DB.

So I must begrudgingly concur with your assessment. However, the only way I see will be for the removal of Spurrier at this juncture is if we bring in a TOP FLIGHT coach, such as the ones you mentioned.

But the only way we bring in a coach if this caliber is if Danno (book 'em) relinquishes much of his control. We've already seen him do this once before and he did not much care for this arrangement.

Plus, Danno (book 'em) has already stated his committment to SOS for at least one more year.
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:28 am

I don't disagree with anything that you guys have said. The only problem with firing Spurrier however is who will we be able to hire? If Danny fires SOS after saying that he was committed to him, who would come here? Danny has fired Norv when he was 7 and 6, Marty when he was 8 and 8. People remember those things. Not to mention all the bonehead personnel moves like getting rid of Brad Johnson over Jeff George.

Also you have to consider that this year there will be a larger than average turn over of head coaches. With all those other opening to choose from why would you come work for Dan Snyder.

I would love to see a grizzled old coach in here, but I just can't see it happening this year. No, we have no choice but to suck it up and endure one more year of Spurrier. ANd I hate having to say that.

Chad

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:39 am

I feel your frustration after sitting up in section 414 for the past two years believe me I feel it but… We can’t fire SS now and here’s why. The head coaching job of the Washington Redskins, think about that for a minute. It use to be, and still maybe as high a profile job as there is in the NFL, but I feel it is on the verge of not being one of the more elite job in the NFL…why? We all know why Dan Snyder!! So the Danny is on trial here, if we fire SS who will take to job? Green, Johnson?? Why would the want to work for a man who fire a coach after winning a division title and had his team at 7-6 (if John Hall had been here we would have been 10-3 easy) Then fire another coach after 1 8-8 season. Especially when you have jobs openings in Atlanta with Vick, and probably more openings in Buffalo and New York with great ownership. To Snyder defense SS is the guy he wanted all along, so you’re telling me he is only going to give him 2 years?? He has to give him the full 5 years to gain credibility thought-out the league. If SS leaves after3 like he has said he would, then Snyder’s problem are solved. We all want to win now, it takes time and committed players, which I feel we don’t have. I here the player talking about winning all the time but do they sacrifice for the team. Well Champs was offered a fat contract, the ink wasn’t even dry before he said no. Lavar was asked to restructure, has he yet?? Earlier in the season the Titans kicker Joe Nedney was hurt, on Monday morning 6 or 7 players were in Bud Adams office offering to restructure their contracts so they could go out and sign a kicker until Nedney came back…do you see any of that going on here. Blame the coaches all you want, but the players have some responsibilities in this as well. I have always said coaches get too much of the blame when you lose and to much credit when you win
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

----

Re: Spurrier HAS TO GO!

Postby HitDoctor » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:05 pm

ANT7088 wrote: We have better odds of winning a superbowl next year with a real coaching staff

:hmm: You could bring Lombardi back from the dead and he couldn't win with this bunch!! c'mon!!
it is what it is

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:10 pm

You could bring Lombardi back from the dead and he couldn't win with this bunch!! c'mon!!

after what parcells did with the pukes, i'd say anything is possible, IF you get the right man for the job...
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football