Jackson suspended....AGAIN

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Jackson suspended....AGAIN

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:20 am

More on Jackson: ESPN980's Chris Russell exchanged texts with safety Tanard Jackson, who told him his fourth suspension was not like the others, that it had nothing to do with marijuana. It's hard to buy any story from a guy in his position, regardless if you want to or not. Maybe it's true; maybe it's not. Bottom line: Whatever Jackson thinks, the NFL's ruling is the one that matters. They ruled he tested positive for violating the NFL's substance of abuse policy. It's over.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:57 am

I'm willing to believe it had nothing to do with marijuana. You buy the wrong kind of cold medicine over the counter and the NFL will nail you. The problem is that he had zero margin for error, and so if he took the wrong kind of cough medicine that's 100% on him. He needed to treat every situation and action as if it was his last chance to make it back to the NFL, from how he put on his socks in the morning to every single thing he ate and drank.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:36 am

I hope Tanard can get his life straightened out but he's not going to be wearing a B&G jersey on a NFL field on Sunday

all the best to him - I'm sorry he did not understand the commitment you need to 'make it' in the NFL

just another wasted opportunity - time to move on - he's not our concern any more
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:16 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
riggofan wrote:What's up with this story he's spinning that "this time is completely different" and he plans to appeal?

Maybe we should hear the man out before we label him a junkie dummy who can't stay clean?
#justsayin
#Seriously?????
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I'm willing to believe it had nothing to do with marijuana. You buy the wrong kind of cold medicine over the counter and the NFL will nail you. The problem is that he had zero margin for error, and so if he took the wrong kind of cough medicine that's 100% on him. He needed to treat every situation and action as if it was his last chance to make it back to the NFL, from how he put on his socks in the morning to every single thing he ate and drank.

Yeah anything is possible. Regardless, there is no way the Redskins can risk getting burned by him again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:53 pm

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I'm willing to believe it had nothing to do with marijuana. You buy the wrong kind of cold medicine over the counter and the NFL will nail you. The problem is that he had zero margin for error, and so if he took the wrong kind of cough medicine that's 100% on him. He needed to treat every situation and action as if it was his last chance to make it back to the NFL, from how he put on his socks in the morning to every single thing he ate and drank.

Yeah anything is possible. Regardless, there is no way the Redskins can risk getting burned by him again.

I don't think Goodell is going to let him back in the league.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I don't think Goodell is going to let him back in the league.

It seems hard to imagine he would, doesn't it?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 pm

My question is how do you get reinstated to get suspended again? Don't you have to continue to have clean tests prior to you being allowed to come back??

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:My question is how do you get reinstated to get suspended again? Don't you have to continue to have clean tests prior to you being allowed to come back??

Someone like Jackson is basically getting tested about 10 times a month. So even in the short time he was back, there were plenty of chances to fail.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football