Biggest Draft Needs

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
the 'mudge

Re: Biggest Draft Needs

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 am

funbuncher wrote: 217 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO - NOTRE DAME

The most common description of Shembo is that "he plays every play with his hair on fire".

While I DOUBT that it's the "most common" one... I do love the description... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Countertrey wrote:
funbuncher wrote: 217 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO - NOTRE DAME

The most common description of Shembo is that "he plays every play with his hair on fire".

While I DOUBT that it's the "most common" one... I do love the description... :wink:

Oh yea I heard that 10 times on the way to the bathroom today, Yo check out Shembo, his hair is on fire! Ouch!

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Wed May 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Sorry non-Louisville guy, I musta got my threads confused.

Is anyone getting excited yet?!

Honestly, as much as I hype myself up for this thing every year, most draft picks won't make an impact or even be on a team in 3 years. But it still feels like Christmas when I was a kid. Does anyone remember how excited they were when we drafted Heath Shular? Man I was ALL in on that dude! away to the window, my credibility just flew out like a flash, Tear off my fetters and throw up on my sash, on the highlight tape I see such a clatter, Well it's Prince Shembo sayin what is the matter, you never seen anybody just chillin with their hair on fire? Can you smell what the draft geek is cookin?! It's draft eve boys and girls, let's get it on!

Seriously it does seem like this site has lost some interest in the draft. I remember there being polls and opinions. lots and lots of opinions.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 am

I think you would get more interest if we had a first round pick.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri May 09, 2014 4:32 pm

OK, well the 1st round fell perfectly for us to get our choice of tackles. Interesting to see who our evaluators prefer given the choices, (assuming we go that route). Of course I couldn't resist doing 1 more mock now that the 1st round is over, this one a little more accurate as it removed last night picks from the database...

34 OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO - ALABAMA
66 G DAKOTA DOZIER - FURMAN
102 C TRAVIS SWANSON - ARKANSAS
142 ILB LAMIN BARROW - LSU
178 OLB PRINCE SHEMBO - NOTRE DAME
217 TE COLT LYERLA - OREGON

Was pretty happy with this. A bit offense heavy, but the perennial O-line problems get substantially addressed here. My wife is an LSU Tiger so I see all their games. Barrow made all their tackles last year. No hyperbole. ALL of them. :^o man their are a lot of smiley faces to choose from! :mrgreen: what the heck is the signifigance of this green guy? :lol:

Loved getting Lyerla in the last round, but that will never happen.

HTTR

Hog

POST DRAFT

Postby funbuncher » Sun May 11, 2014 1:52 am

OK, here's my POST-DRAFT final. I did one version where I ignored our trade-downs, and one where I accepted them. I missed Kouandijio on the trade down version, but got some very nice consolation prizes. Every year, I put my draft against the Skins and come back in 3 years to see who wins. I do this every year and beat the tar out of us. It sucks. Draft day is my favorite/most hated day of the year as I watch my Skins drive off into the ditch after the 1st round. I am not a brilliant talent evaluator. I have some skills and love football, but I am certainly not special. Mainly I'm just an "information gatherer", (a phrase that I got from a GM trying to disparage Mel Kiper, Jr.) What that GM failed to give credence to is the fact that this is the information age, and one can do quite well with persistence and an internet connection. Interestingly, the actual draft went better for me than many of the previous mocks I posted, meaning the NFL teams performed worse than the database predictions for them. IMO.

I got $1K vs. anyone who wants to take the Skins draft vs mine 3 years from now. Or if you'd prefer a man's bet, how bout the winner gets to re-name the loser and provide appropriate avatar? =D> Bring it... Mainly I'm just posting this so I can come back here in 3 years to brag/complain I told u so. What else, right? (in this day and age of promoted narcissism) Interestingly, for the first time ever... the Skins and I had post-1st round agreement on a player, (Seastrunk). He's a luxury pic, but acceptable in the 6th round. I only drafted my turds late, (except for Aaron Lynch in the 4th). Outside of that, these guys are choir boys. THAT CAN PLAY. Enjoy. See you all, (one guy - non Louisville Guy) next year!

R2 - 34
OT CYRUS KOUANDIJIO
ALABAMA

R3 - 66
ILB CHRIS BORLAND
WISONSON

R4 - 102
DE AARON LYNCH
SOUTH FLORIDA

R5 - 142
G DAVID YANKEY
STANFORD

R6 - 178
RB LACHE SEASTRUNK
BAYLOR

R7 - 217
TE COLT LYERLA
OREGON

Here's my version with the trades accepted:

R2 - 47
OT MORGAN MOSES
VIRGINIA

R3 - 66
ILB CHRIS BORLAND
WISONSON

R3 - 78
CB PIERRE DESIR
LINDENWOOD

R4 - 102
WR BRUCE ELLINGTON
SOUTH CAROLINA

R5 - 142
G DAVID YANKEY
STANFORD

R6 - 178
RB LACHE SEASTRUNK
BAYLOR

R7 - 217
TE COLT LYERLA
OREGON

R7 - 228
CB LOUCHIEZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

JSPB22

Re: POST DRAFT

Postby Deadskins » Sun May 11, 2014 10:07 pm

funbuncher wrote:Or if you'd prefer a man's bet, how bout the winner gets to re-name the loser and provide appropriate avatar?

Well, that's one way to try and get an avatar with < 250 posts. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Re: POST DRAFT

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am

funbuncher wrote:Every year, I put my draft against the Skins and come back in 3 years to see who wins. I do this every year and beat the tar out of us. It sucks.

I'd love to see a few. Hopefully, it'll get tougher to beat us.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office