Colt McCoy is a Redskin

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Re: Colt McCoy is a Redskin

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:35 am

emoses14 wrote:I'm confused. When did dan Snyder begin planning ahead ... ? He is still running the show the exact same way he always has, after all.

:) no worries - stick around - there are many here that will help you become more informed :lol:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:19 am

Pulled Pork wrote:There is always the analogy of: "if it looks like...., smells like...., it must be....". Dan Snyder is still the owner of the Washington Redskins. He still has input in what is going on! He is Dan Snyder. But, people do learn from mistakes and change. DeSean Jackson is not is not Fat Albert. Ryan Clark is not Neon Dion. Jason Hatcher is not Bruce Smith. Only question; is Jay Gruden Jim Zorn? Bruce Allen is the X factor. Hopefully, Dan has learned from mistakes and is listening to reason. It seems like that might be the case.

:shock: Wow, that was pretty spot on Pork. And I agree 100%. In fact i'm going to use this word for word and give you the credit of course. lol.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Colt McCoy is here for this reason and this reason only;

If a team does not get the QB they have earmarked in the draft for whatever reason, or if prior to the draft they change their opinion of the QB they intended to bring in, then they will try and bring in a starting calibre QB from elsewhere. Kirk Cousins may suddenly be worth a lot more to a team then than he is right now.

Really? That's the ONLY reason?

That's a hopeful reason, but there is another completely legitimate and more obvious reason to sign Colt McCoy. We NEED a third QB for OTAs and training camp. We ALWAYS HAVE A THIRD QB in OTAs and training camp. The team apparently was done with Grossman and brought in McCoy.

Personally I don't find any of the Cousins trade scenarios all that likely right now. At least around draft time. There are enough QBs in the draft for those needy teams to take a shot on. Training camp injuries or guys failing miserably in the preseason might make a trade for Cousins later this year more of an option.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:34 am

SkinsJock wrote:welcome to the site Pulled Pork, let's be very clear here ...

Dan Snyder is no longer making ANY player decisions like he used to - this franchise is now under the control and direction of the FO and coaching staff

Or so we hope.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 am

Kilmer72 wrote:My prediction is yes.... There will be people that will call for him the minute Robert has a bad game. The minute this happens and Colt does ok they will say see!!!! Robert sucks and Colt is the real deal. The minute he has a bad game then they will say it was because everyone else had a bad game. I know Robert is the real deal with the intangibles. People love a real QB controversy
when none really exist in this town. You can bring this thread back up if we are ever unfortunate enough to endure it.

Yep somebody flag it. McCoy will throw for three TDs in the fourth quarter of our preseason game against the Bills becoming the next great third string QB savior sitting on our bench.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:48 am

riggofan wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:My prediction is yes.... There will be people that will call for him the minute Robert has a bad game. The minute this happens and Colt does ok they will say see!!!! Robert sucks and Colt is the real deal. The minute he has a bad game then they will say it was because everyone else had a bad game. I know Robert is the real deal with the intangibles. People love a real QB controversy
when none really exist in this town. You can bring this thread back up if we are ever unfortunate enough to endure it.

Yep somebody flag it. McCoy will throw for three TDs in the fourth quarter of our preseason game against the Bills becoming the next great third string QB savior sitting on our bench.

=D>

Lmao!!! You better NOT be talking about my boy Colt Brennan!?!
He was and remains AWESOME!!!!
-If u doubt me, watch his little web-isode with Captain Chaos cc!!!!!!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: =D>

Lmao!!! You better NOT be talking about my boy Colt Brennan!?!
He was and remains AWESOME!!!!
-If u doubt me, watch his little web-isode with Captain Chaos cc!!!!!!!!

lol. Seriously, the guy's name is Colt. How could this NOT happen?

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 am

I actually read Colt Brennan when this was announced and couldn't see straight I was so pissed. Then I saw the picture and realized it wasn't that vapid "Immagunslinger cooch, put me in" Brennan face and was relieved.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:57 am

riggofan wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Colt McCoy is here for this reason and this reason only;

If a team does not get the QB they have earmarked in the draft for whatever reason, or if prior to the draft they change their opinion of the QB they intended to bring in, then they will try and bring in a starting calibre QB from elsewhere. Kirk Cousins may suddenly be worth a lot more to a team then than he is right now.

Really? That's the ONLY reason?

That's a hopeful reason, but there is another completely legitimate and more obvious reason to sign Colt McCoy. We NEED a third QB for OTAs and training camp. We ALWAYS HAVE A THIRD QB in OTAs and training camp. The team apparently was done with Grossman and brought in McCoy.

Personally I don't find any of the Cousins trade scenarios all that likely right now. At least around draft time. There are enough QBs in the draft for those needy teams to take a shot on. Training camp injuries or guys failing miserably in the preseason might make a trade for Cousins later this year more of an option.

Yes, that's the ONLY reason they brought in Colt McCoy.

If they knew 100% Kirk is here for the season then they'd bring in a talent or a project type QB or someone with a similar style to RGIII (where is Pat White right now..?) instead of someone with starting experience that potentially may have to become the main backup.

For OTAs and training camp they may even add a 4th QB, but nothing that will affect the final roster (barring injury).
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:33 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:welcome to the site Pulled Pork, let's be very clear here ...

Dan Snyder is no longer making ANY player decisions like he used to - this franchise is now under the control and direction of the FO and coaching staff

Or so we hope.

at this time, based on what has happened - I think it's pretty clear that guys that know (or think they know) what's best for the future here, are making the decisions ...

we all know that Dan doesn't have a clue about that stuff and hopefully he stays out of the mix

he's got to be happy about how things are going since the Mike Shanahan departure ... :D

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Yes, that's the ONLY reason they brought in Colt McCoy.

If they knew 100% Kirk is here for the season then they'd bring in a talent or a project type QB or someone with a similar style to RGIII (where is Pat White right now..?) instead of someone with starting experience that potentially may have to become the main backup.

For OTAs and training camp they may even add a 4th QB, but nothing that will affect the final roster (barring injury).

I see the point you're making, but its still just wild(ly unlikely) speculation, and I'll just have to disagree with your use of the word "only".

There is no unwritten rule that the third QB in training camp is supposed to be some project guy with no hope of making the roster. If you watched Gruden on Hard Knocks last year, you know that his three QBs going into camp were Dalton, Josh Johnson and John Skelton. They had a fourth guy who was more of the longshot/talent QB. Johnson and Skelton were both QBs with legit NFL experience who were battling for the backup job.

And yes, I do remember Pat White. He was the fourth QB in camp last year.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:52 am

- Colt is a camp arm and up for evaluation
- Whomever they draft will be a camp arm and up for evaluation

IF someone is interested in Kirk and the stars align, we might ship him out if Colt/Draftee looks promising.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:- Colt is a camp arm and up for evaluation
- Whomever they draft will be a camp arm and up for evaluation

IF someone is interested in Kirk and the stars align, we might ship him out if Colt/Draftee looks promising.

Skins fans and media are crazy with the speculation. We could have signed Seneca Wallace, and we'd still be reading the same "What does this mean for Kirk Cousins?" articles. lol.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:24 pm

Seems pretty simple to me - we have a really good back up QB in Cousins - I really doubt that we're going to trade him - there's no reason to do that

The QB is the most important part of the franchise and we have a good back up - why would you 'give' that away .... :D

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:50 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Seems pretty simple to me - we have a really good back up QB in Cousins - I really doubt that we're going to trade him - there's no reason to do that

The QB is the most important part of the franchise and we have a good back up - why would you 'give' that away .... :D

I totally agree ... and particularly for a 2nd round pick? No way would I trade him, unless he has already decided to leave next year to seek a starting job. Then, you might have to look at it.

Given the style of play RG3 is known for which puts him at risk, the #2 is a key spot, and consideration must be given to carrying 3 QB's on the roster for the same reason ... if Robert goes down ... even with a minor injury, you need that #3, because he could quickly become #2.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football