New Deal for D. Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

New Deal for D. Hall

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Four year deal. Details coming...

Hog

Re: New Deal for D. Hall

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 pm

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 27741.html

DeAngelo Hall says he'll spend the next four years as a Redskin: The 30-year-old cornerback will sign a four-year deal with the team.

After meeting with Redskins GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jay Gruden, Hall felt this was the best decision, sources close to the deal said. The Virginia Tech alum led the Redskins with four interceptions and three defensive touchdowns in 2013, while also recording 78 tackles and two forced fumbles.

Hall had been a free agent after playing on a one-year contract this past season.

Hall had played for the Redskins five seasons prior to the 2013 campaign, but the team released him last spring to save money against the salary cap because he was due to earn $8 million that upcoming season. Hall later re-signed on a one-year deal worth $1.25 million.

Recently, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett called re-signing Hall one of Washington’s priority moves of the season.

piglet

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Not a huge fan of this. I know they need a CB but Hall has historically played much better in contract years, and much worse after signing multi-year contracts.
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:Not a huge fan of this. I know they need a CB but Hall has historically played much better in contract years, and much worse after signing multi-year contracts.

Got proof?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

piglet

Postby AnthonyRRedskin1995 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:Not a huge fan of this. I know they need a CB but Hall has historically played much better in contract years, and much worse after signing multi-year contracts.

Got proof?

Well this past season provides a good example. He was playing for a contract, and he played pretty well. Also, I think we can all agree he was a disaster in 2008 after he signed a 7-year deal with Oakland.
“I don’t like ‘em. They all have bad breath.” Dexter Manley on Cowboys Fans.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 am

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Got proof?

Well this past season provides a good example. He was playing for a contract, and he played pretty well. Also, I think we can all agree he was a disaster in 2008 after he signed a 7-year deal with Oakland.

Factual proof... Stats... Numbers... Of what he has done in regards to your opinion in DC...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:02 am

He's not getting any younger. $5 million a year seems like fair compensation for the first couple of seasons The last two, we may want to reevaluate. I wonder if we have any outs in the new deal.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 am

Deadskins wrote:He's not getting any younger. $5 million a year seems like fair compensation for the first couple of seasons The last two, we may want to reevaluate. I wonder if we have any outs in the new deal.

The Post is reporting the deal is for an average of $4m per year. And to your point, I read somewhere yesterday that the way it is structured the Redskins are really on the hook for two years/$7m. I need to dig up the details on that.

We have a lot of holes to fix on defense. This is a good move, didn't have to overspend, allows the team to focus on other positions of need. Now we need to draft another quality young CB to groom to take Hall's spot in a few years.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 am

AnthonyRRedskin1995 wrote:Well this past season provides a good example. He was playing for a contract, and he played pretty well. Also, I think we can all agree he was a disaster in 2008 after he signed a 7-year deal with Oakland.

I don't disagree that Oakland was a disaster for him, but I'm not sure there is proof that Hall has historically played better in contract years. How often has Hall actually played in a contract year. Twice???

I looked over his yearly stats and can't find anything that backs up what you're saying. He's had really good years in non-contract years just as often or more as he did in contract years.

He's a solid CB, and I would argue that he's a little better now because he seems to have matured the past couple seasons.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

riggofan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:He's not getting any younger. $5 million a year seems like fair compensation for the first couple of seasons The last two, we may want to reevaluate. I wonder if we have any outs in the new deal.

The Post is reporting the deal is for an average of $4m per year. And to your point, I read somewhere yesterday that the way it is structured the Redskins are really on the hook for two years/$7m. I need to dig up the details on that.

We have a lot of holes to fix on defense. This is a good move, didn't have to overspend, allows the team to focus on other positions of need. Now we need to draft another quality young CB to groom to take Hall's spot in a few years.

I"m hearing 4 yrs $17.5M with the final two years voidable... No word on guaranteed money yet.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:46 pm

1niksder wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I"m hearing 4 yrs $17.5M with the final two years voidable... No word on guaranteed money yet.

That alleviates my concerns. Sounds like a good deal for everyone.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Luckily for us, he wanted to be here and has always wanted to be here. He truly has given us the hometown discount which bodes well for having money to spend on other players that can help us win.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:51 pm

If it's near what people in this thread are saying, then that's a pretty good deal. It buys us some time to find a young future starter who will replace him. Amerson should be our #1 by the time we are voiding or restructuring Hall's deal.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:10 am

Irn-Bru wrote:If it's near what people in this thread are saying, then that's a pretty good deal. It buys us some time to find a young future starter who will replace him. Amerson should be our #1 by the time we are voiding or restructuring Hall's deal.

Four years, $17M contract with $5.25M guaranteed including a $3.25M signing bonus. First year salary is $1.25M and jumps to $4M in 2015.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:36 pm

1niksder wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:If it's near what people in this thread are saying, then that's a pretty good deal. It buys us some time to find a young future starter who will replace him. Amerson should be our #1 by the time we are voiding or restructuring Hall's deal.

Four years, $17M contract with $5.25M guaranteed including a $3.25M signing bonus. First year salary is $1.25M and jumps to $4M in 2015.

Only 5.25M guaranteed? This was an INCREDIBLE deal for us then. Incentive contracts seem to bring the best out of Hall. So I'm loving this now.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football