Super Bowl XLVIII Game Day Thread

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Skins History Buff

Re: Super Bowl XLVIII Game Day Thread

Postby welch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:Denver has done OK in SOME past superbowls... but they have also had the SNOT knocked out of them a couple of times... heh, heh, heh...

Yes. I wonder if Denver teams tend to be light and fast, and to play well in Denver. Have an advantage there, but the advantage falls when they are away from home. The Denver offensive line seemed to melt. Seattle defender looked bigger. That was true of SB 21 (second half, anyway), SB 22 (our favorite seocnd quarter, and SB 23.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 am

I was really dissapointed in Denvers performance. My heart was pulling for Manning but all along I kind of knew the Hammer was coming down. I really thought Manning could at least put up a better fight.

I bet New England would of put up a better fight then Denver did. Its going back to the old days when the NFC simply dominated the SBs. Its an absolute dog fight in the NFC. Carolina, Green Bay, New Orleans, San Fran, Seattle, Atlanta when healthy and our Redskins should be hungry next year as well.

We are really going to need our defense to step up. Our power running game was very good when RG3 was healthy. It was good last year too. Just saying though with RG3 healthy its really something to deal with.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 am

DarthMonk wrote:This was a bigger beat down than Black Sunday.

Black Sunday was not as big a beat down as the score suggested. Three huge plays led to 21 points. Other than those, the game was relatively close.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:This was a bigger beat down than Black Sunday.

Black Sunday was not as big a beat down as the score suggested. Three huge plays led to 21 points. Other than those, the game was relatively close.

Yes ... making this beat down worse.

Huge catch by Ray Guy while we had a punt disaster.

Rocket screen.

The game was over before Marcus Allen's big run.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League