Santana Moss

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Santana Moss

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 am

Santana Moss - WR - Redskins

Impending free agent Santana Moss is considered doubtful to re-sign with the Redskins.

Aside from Pierre Garcon, the Redskins don't have much at receiver. They need to be seeking upgrades this offseason, moving on from veterans Moss and Josh Morgan. Moss will turn 35 in June and isn't anywhere close to the player he was early in his career. It's quite possible Moss' playing days ended in Week 17.

Source: ESPN.com Feb 1 - 11:19 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Re: Santana Moss

Postby The Hogster » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 pm

I would want Eric Decker, but he probably would take Food Stamps to stay in Denver as long as Peyton is there.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:46 pm

The Hogster wrote:I would want Eric Decker, but he probably would take Food Stamps to stay in Denver as long as Peyton is there.

Same.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Sign Santana. Maybe at less than he made this season, but Moss is better than the-WR-not-yet-found.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:58 pm

welch wrote:Sign Santana. Maybe at less than he made this season, but Moss is better than the-WR-not-yet-found.
Agree.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 pm

I think our receivers are sufficient. We need to shore up the Oline and it will make our receivers look a whole lot better as well as RG3. Santana has given us a lot of good years. But he is in the twilight of his career.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I think our receivers are sufficient. We need to shore up the Oline and it will make our receivers look a whole lot better as well as RG3. Santana has given us a lot of good years. But he is in the twilight of his career.

This is true... but I think 'tana can still give some clutch, if used correctly... Unless clearly outclassed by other receivers on this team, he still belongs.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Countertrey wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:I think our receivers are sufficient. We need to shore up the Oline and it will make our receivers look a whole lot better as well as RG3. Santana has given us a lot of good years. But he is in the twilight of his career.

This is true... but I think 'tana can still give some clutch, if used correctly... Unless clearly outclassed by other receivers on this team, he still belongs.

Yeah I think a team like the Patriots would be smart to bring him in. I have no doubt he could give Tom Brady a good year and be an upgrade for them.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Last year cann't be a meassuring point to evaluate any player on the team. The Shannies did everything to destroy the team and Santana wasn't used cause he played with heart. Moss still has a lot left to give us.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:36 pm

gushogs wrote:Last year cann't be a meassuring point to evaluate any player on the team. The Shannies did everything to destroy the team and Santana wasn't used cause he played with heart. Moss still has a lot left to give us.

HaiL,

So, are we already at the point where we just blame everything on the previous coach? Come on, man. I love Santana Moss, but he's 35 years old and he's slowed down some.

They threw him more passes in 2013 than they did in 2012. He just didn't do much with it.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:48 pm

gushogs wrote: Last year cann't be a meassuring point to evaluate any player on the team. The Shannies did everything to destroy the team

This is a load of crap. I'm not happy with the performance, nor the sneakiness of the Shanahans this year... but, they left this franchise in pretty darned good shape, considering that their hands were pretty much tied for two years... They could have really screwed things up if they wanted to... they could have played Griffin into the ground, but didn't.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:16 pm

To hell with loyalty.. and I'm saying this as a HUGE Santana Moss fan.. would love for him to retire as a Skin and all that.. however...
42 catches out of 80 targets for 452 yards and his longest catch being only 11 yards.

Can he be an asset for us while being paid the veteran minimum, absolutely. Do we need help at WR... weeeeeeell not necessarily.

Like my homie Hero mentioned, we need a solid O-Line and I think with a solid O-Line (and our QB healthy), our mediocre WR corp can produce big numbers considering the chemistry that RG and Pierre have. I could be wrong but I'm thinking with Pierre being double-teamed and the threat of RG or Alfred running the ball, we don't have to go searching hard for our next WR.

But it all starts with that O-Line my friends... everything revolves around that.

Yes? No? Joe go to hell?

LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 pm

There are some decent WR options in free agency, more importantly I can't remember a draft this stacked at WR like ever. I don't think 8 WR's will go in the first round, I doubt 5 will, so there could be some good options. Really even in the third round.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:14 pm

Countertrey wrote:
gushogs wrote: Last year cann't be a meassuring point to evaluate any player on the team. The Shannies did everything to destroy the team

This is a load of crap. I'm not happy with the performance, nor the sneakiness of the Shanahans this year... but, they left this franchise in pretty darned good shape, considering that their hands were pretty much tied for two years... They could have really screwed things up if they wanted to... they could have played Griffin into the ground, but didn't.

I think your sentiment is right in that while the wheels came off last year, I don't think Mike intentionally tried to destroy the team. However, I'm not sure I can agree that they left the franchise in good shape. Out of 4 years of drafting, they've only drafted 6 starters from 34 draft picks (13 of which were in rounds 1-4). That's really poor.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

I think your sentiment is right in that while the wheels came off last year, I don't think Mike intentionally tried to destroy the team. However, I'm not sure I can agree that they left the franchise in good shape. Out of 4 years of drafting, they've only drafted 6 starters from 34 draft picks (13 of which were in rounds 1-4). That's really poor.
... so, saving the team from cap hell doesn't count... but for the treachery of Mara and his whore, free agency (and the draft) would have looked very different... Imagine the condition of this team if it were Ceratto making the calls the last 3 years...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football