Bacarri Rambo

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Bacarri Rambo

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Bacarri Rambo - DB - Redskins

ESPN Redskins blogger John Keim does not consider S Bacarri Rambo a lock for the 2014 roster.

Rambo started in Week 1, a sign of how desperate the Redskins were in the secondary. He was benched by Week 3 and proceeded to spend the majority of the season as a third or fourth safety. Rambo, a sixth-round pick in 2013, will have to make a mark as a special teamer in camp. He showed no real signs of being a starter at free safety.

Source: ESPN.com

Jan 30 - 10:53 AM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||

Re: Bacarri Rambo

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:55 am

Holy guacamole. Where to start?

Man Rambo just stunk. Yes he was a rookie but how much worse could it have been? A main reason why our Skins gave up record numbers in yardage and points.

Can he be coached up? I hope so. Was it all his fault? Not sure.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 am

On one hand, that guy was completely thrown into the fire. I can forgive him for not looking like a starting NFL safety getting thrown out there like that.

On the other hand, his tackling just completely sucked and he didn't even help on special teams. That's not good.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 am

Rambo was put in position to fail. He should have never started or even touched the field but on special teams. The Ravens picked Elam in the 1st round, he didn't even start the season. But the Skins started a 5th round guy...? LOL That had failure written all over it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Rambo was put in position to fail. He should have never started or even touched the field but on special teams. The Ravens picked Elam in the 1st round, he didn't even start the season. But the Skins started a 5th round guy...? LOL That had failure written all over it.

THIS.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Rambo was put in position to fail. He should have never started or even touched the field but on special teams. The Ravens picked Elam in the 1st round, he didn't even start the season. But the Skins started a 5th round guy...? LOL That had failure written all over it.

THIS.
Yup.

I think it was 5 games before ST started a game... and that was because of injury, if my memory isn't lying to me again... 8-[
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 am

You guys are right. Throwing a 5th round rookie into a starting position just had disaster written all over it.

But you cant blame me for having high expectations. The guy sports a name like Rambo. You kind of expect more. If you know what I mean. It cant get any worse so I do expect improvement. Especially with roster improvements to the defense. A good veteran would do wonders. I really hope Talib or Landry can be signed.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:32 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I really hope Talib or Landry can be signed.

what.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:35 am

I want Laron Landry back. He is still a talented saftey and is far better then Merriwhether and Rambo. People forget his awsome playoff performance. Landry had 3 interceptions against Seattle that year in the playoffs.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Agreed. FYI he was a 6th round pick, and to be honest, the only reason the dude started is we had no one else. There are good reasons he lasted until the 6th round. He may have lasted because perhaps he was seen as a developmental candidate...if he was instantly starter material, he would have gone much higher.

HEROHAMO wrote:I want Laron Landry back. He is still a talented saftey and is far better then Merriwhether and Rambo. People forget his awsome playoff performance. Landry had 3 interceptions against Seattle that year in the playoffs.

He had two interceptions in that game, not three. And so I'm clear and understand your statement: your evidence to support your statement that he's a talented safety is based upon one game from 6 years ago (it was 2007 season)?

If so, that's not exactly what I'd call a persuasive argument.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:21 pm

PulpExposure wrote:

Agreed. FYI he was a 6th round pick, and to be honest, the only reason the dude started is we had no one else. There are good reasons he lasted until the 6th round. He may have lasted because perhaps he was seen as a developmental candidate...if he was instantly starter material, he would have gone much higher.

HEROHAMO wrote:I want Laron Landry back. He is still a talented saftey and is far better then Merriwhether and Rambo. People forget his awsome playoff performance. Landry had 3 interceptions against Seattle that year in the playoffs.

He had two interceptions in that game, not three. And so I'm clear and understand your statement: your evidence to support your statement that he's a talented safety is based upon one game from 6 years ago (it was 2007 season)?

If so, that's not exactly what I'd call a persuasive argument.

Ok 2 interceptions but he was beast that game.

Landrys main problem has been health. He has been injured. If people dont want him due to injury concerns I fully understand.

If he can be had for a reasonable price hed be an upgrade over our current safties.

Laron Landry athletically is far superior to our safties. Can he stay healthy? Can he play disciplined? I think so if he can stay healthy. Yes also I have sentimental reasons.
Wouldnt it be nice to have one of the players we drafted come back and end his career on a good note? I think so.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football