Orakpo and Kerrigan

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Orakpo and Kerrigan

Postby Jaymo8 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:13 pm

With a pitiful pass rush, as bad as I have ever seen, I wonder if we can get some talent for these two names. They are as good as we have, but frankly they both tend to disappear in games.
Maybe we can develop young players, theses two still have value to the league, right.

Hog

Re: Orakpo and Kerrigan

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:11 pm

-drinking -drinking -drinking :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:21 pm

ACW wrote:-drinking -drinking -drinking :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Dude, don't even bother. I suspect you and I will be the only ones to respond in this thread.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby Jaymo8 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:33 pm

I guess I am too new to the Hogs. Just wanted to talk Redskins. Does it make sense to trade two good players for the sake of the future? We are in a bad way. Or are these two the ones we need to build around?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Jaymo8 wrote:I guess I am too new to the Hogs. Just wanted to talk Redskins. Does it make sense to trade two good players for the sake of the future? We are in a bad way. Or are these two the ones we need to build around?

We would have to sign Rak before you can trade him. He would demand a huge pay day. Hard to trade someone after that unless someone was desperate. Besides, he is still our best pass rusher. No way I would want to see Kerrigan as anything but a Redskin.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:29 pm

In case this isn't a troll... Trading two starters for two different starters, then needing to make a move to replace the guys you just traded away is just stupid.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Hooligan wrote:In case this isn't a troll... Trading two starters for two different starters, then needing to make a move to replace the guys you just traded away is just stupid.
For the record... I don't think he's a troll... just a new member who had the temerity to say something controversial without board credibility. The board can always use members who aren't wraped in groupthink, but still know when to listen...

Welcome, Jaymo8.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Postby Jaymo8 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 pm

I am a die hard from birth skins fan is all. I know things look bleak and I am wondering how the team will get better quick. It is not always stupid to take players with league value and try to improve a team. I am not trying to hate on these two guys at all.
I don't know what a troll is but I am not one (I assume).
Would it help to know Larry Brown and Charlie Harraway are still my heroes?
Orakpro and Kerrigan had 18 sacks combined (leader had 19.5) but.team defense was bad.
Thanks for the welcome!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 am

Not sure how quick it will be. The good news is it can't get much worse. Half way decent ST and that right there should win a few more games.

There is some cap room now so I would expect to plug some of the many holes right away. Lot of people wont be here. Oline takes time to gel. It all depends
on who is coaching and how fast people buy in I guess.

Hog

Postby Neo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:52 am

Jaymo8 wrote:With a pitiful pass rush, as bad as I have ever seen, I wonder if we can get some talent for these two names. They are as good as we have, but frankly they both tend to disappear in games.
Maybe we can develop young players, theses two still have value to the league, right.

There were moments last year where our blitzing looked/worked decent even without Rak (remember the final Skins v Cowboys game?).

This year we had Rak back and I'd like to think he never reached full power (but close). I keep wanting to blame it on the coaching but that's just me trying to make sense out of nonsense.

Next year I believe we'll see our best version of Rak (and Kerrigan) so definitely don't trade them...there's already too many holes to fill in this team. I'd love to us have a defense were Rak & Kerrigan are the weakest links...that would be scary!

Latest news on Kerrigan was that he had a knee injury since week 3 that he's getting surgery for this off season. That explained, for me, why Kerrigan had great flashes mixed with some decent play. Speaking of injuries, they spread like the plague under Shanahan, and he seemed to put people out there who weren't totally "broken" by injury. So who knows what condition our defensive guys truly were in this year?

Both of these guys did well this year. Next year I think we'll see explosive play from them.

Side note: I don't want to create a 34 vs 43 scheme argument, but I can't help wonder what our defense would look like with two new LBs and move Kerrigan & Rak to the front line (or at least try Kerrigan there).

Our non-starting draft picks, and some practice squad guys are a bit of a mystery. I was "certain" that Brandon Jenkins and Minnifield (CB) would have big roles this year.

Great news is that our LB coach was among the fired. The development of our pass rush would be highly dependent on who our new LB & DC coaches will be.

Nice post!
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 am

Jaymo8 wrote: Would it help to know Larry Brown and Charlie Harraway are still my heroes?

It sure doesn't hurt. :wink:

Postby Jaymo8 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:32 pm

LOL. I also have Pat Fischer and Len Haas autographs here. Love those guys.
thanks for the info.
Maybe these two, Rak and Kerrigan, need to be turned loose. They need to be full time studs.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Jaymo8 wrote:LOL. I also have Pat Fischer and Len Haas autographs here. Love those guys.
thanks for the info.
Maybe these two, Rak and Kerrigan, need to be turned loose. They need to be full time studs.

well... check out this thread...

Postby Jaymo8 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Wow, doesn't seem stupid to me.

Return to General Manager's Office