2013 THN FF is up and Running

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Re: 2013 THN FF is up and Running

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 pm

I was looking at the standings and it's pretty killer.

Looks like LPJ and I will stay 1st and 2nd since we're both gonna almost definitely lose. Deadman and I will both be 9-4 but I have more points so he'll be 3rd. Yogi and The LTI will finish 4th and 5th. Shanny will drop to 6th with a 7-6 record.

Here's where it gets interesting. APEX and ATX will both fall to 6-7 with losses while Teeter, DC, Hero, and Duval will all climb to 6-7 with wins.

There will be a 6-way tie for the last 2 spots.

ATX is likely out with a low point total.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I was looking at the standings and it's pretty killer.

Looks like LPJ and I will stay 1st and 2nd since we're both gonna almost definitely lose. Deadman and I will both be 9-4 but I have more points so he'll be 3rd. Yogi and The LTI will finish 4th and 5th. Shanny will drop to 6th with a 7-6 record.

Here's where it gets interesting. APEX and ATX will both fall to 6-7 with losses while Teeter, DC, Hero, and Duval will all climb to 6-7 with wins.

There will be a 6-way tie for the last 2 spots.

ATX is likely out with a low point total.

What about me? You forgot to mention who I've got in the playoffs...

-drinking
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Well... I did what I could.. had some good showings but all in all just about as disappointing as our teams season. Next year ima make the draft no matter what..
No losers bowl? Wtf?!

I'm coming for youuu lenux
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:02 am

Looks like LPJ and I will stay 1st and 2nd since we're both gonna almost definitely lose. Deadman and I will both be 9-4 but I have more points so he'll be 3rd.

You have more points for and more against too, but I should be ahaead of you since I beat you head to head. :twisted:

I do like the fact that I beat both of the players ahead of me over the past few weeks, when Brees has been under-performing.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 am

Deadskins wrote:

Looks like LPJ and I will stay 1st and 2nd since we're both gonna almost definitely lose. Deadman and I will both be 9-4 but I have more points so he'll be 3rd.

You have more points for and more against too, but I should be ahaead of you since I beat you head to head. :twisted:

I do like the fact that I beat both of the players ahead of me over the past few weeks, when Brees has been under-performing.

The points against me were, I think, 3rd in the league. I'm pretty happy with my record considering that. Plus, I blew two matchups. I lost Cobb and did not start Boykin while LPJ played Harry Douglas for your injured star. That cost me a win. Then I sat Moreno and Rivers which cost me against Shanny. Oh well.

Depends what you mean by should. In real football, head-to-head for the tiebreak makes sense but in fantasy, I think total points is a much better gauge of how strong a squad has been all year. Having said that, you kicked my ass.

Your "quadruple Decker" more than made up for Brees. They probably over performed as a tandem. Good luck this week.

PS - I gotta tell you, I was pretty sure you were gonna pick Brees and was very tempted to take him at 11.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:52 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

The points against me were, I think, 3rd in the league. I'm pretty happy with my record considering that. Plus, I blew two matchups. I lost Cobb and did not start Boykin while LPJ played Harry Douglas for your injured star. That cost me a win. Then I sat Moreno and Rivers which cost me against Shanny. Oh well.

Depends what you mean by should. In real football, head-to-head for the tiebreak makes sense but in fantasy, I think total points is a much better gauge of how strong a squad has been all year. Having said that, you kicked my ass.

Your "quadruple Decker" more than made up for Brees. They probably over performed as a tandem. Good luck this week.

PS - I gotta tell you, I was pretty sure you were gonna pick Brees and was very tempted to take him at 11.

I know, and agree with, how the seeding system works, I was just needling you about beating you a couple of weeks back.

I couldn't believe it when Brees fell to me at 14. And Jones at 15 was awesome too, 'til he got injured. :cry:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I'm coming for youuu lenux

Nothing Darth?

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm

And Darth, you'll be happy to know that the first playoff tie-breaker is head-to-head games, followed by seeding. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Re:

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:52 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Yup I'm in the top 5.. it's early still but I told ya'll from early I'm taking it this year.. I let ya'll have waaaaaaaay too much fun the last couple years.. time for me to take my crown back!

Don't think I'll be letting go so easily.

HA! I'm not worried about you this season DS.

:whistle:

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Deadskins wrote:And Darth, you'll be happy to know that the first playoff tie-breaker is head-to-head games, followed by seeding. :lol:

Are you talking about the billion-to-one shot when a matchup ends up in a tie?

=;

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:39 am

Yessir.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:46 am

Deadskins wrote:And Darth, you'll be happy to know that the first playoff tie-breaker is head-to-head games, followed by seeding. :lol:

Whew! (wiping brow)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 am

DarthMonk wrote:

Whew! (wiping brow)

I'd offer you congratulations if you didn't have Blowmo as your QB. I think you should be automatically disqualified for that. :twisted:
Actually, we both should have been eliminated this week. It should be Hero and Yogi going for the title this week.

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:07 am

CONGRATULATIONS GOING OUT TO DARTH AND HERO FOR MAKING IT TO THE HOG BOWL !!!!
Darth, one of the champions in the league managed the heck outta his team. Hero, the brutha almost didn't make it in the playoffs to begin with but first he beat me and now he's on his way to RFK Stadium where the Hog Bowls are played :-) What's cool to me is that Hero beat a Hog Bowl Champ to advance, and Darth who is a champ himself beat last year's champ to advance. I love this ish!!! Will Darth be the first to get 2 Hog Bowls or will Hero secure his place for the first time in the Hog Bowl Ring of Fame? Stay tuned......

In case you ever wondered, here is the listing of the Hog Bowl Champions...
2009- langleyparkjoe
2010- Cappster
2011- DarthMonk
2012- Deadskins
2013- DarthMonk vs HEROHAMO 12/19-12/23
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

Whew! (wiping brow)

I'd offer you congratulations if you didn't have Blowmo as your QB. I think you should be automatically disqualified for that. :twisted:
Actually, we both should have been eliminated this week. It should be Hero and Yogi going for the title this week.

Check my roster. \:D/

Actually, Hero "SHOULD" not have even been in the tournament ... right? Yogi should have just played LPJ with the winner facing me.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office