2013 THN FF is up and Running

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Re: 2013 THN FF is up and Running

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 am

Deadskins wrote:I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

Some possible karmic justice on Welker?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:46 am

DarthMonk wrote:

Not soon enough to help me. Irish keeps Vereen on the bench. Doesn't pass the smell test.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 am

After week 11 we have a serious race for the last couple of playoff spots. 8 teams out of 14 will make the playoffs and I'm very proud of everyone that continues to manage their teams and not give up easy wins. Here are the results of week 11 games and also the current standings. Week 13 of NFL regular season is our last game of the fantasy football regular season, playoffs (1st round) will begin with NFL week 14.

Week 11 Results

Week 12 Standings

Week 12 Matchup
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

Not soon enough to help me. Irish keeps Vereen on the bench. Doesn't pass the smell test.

WTF you talking about???

I read Vereen will be eased in and won't get a lot of snaps, so I decided to see how he went this week. If I had played him and dropped my worst performing RB I'd be precisely .40 better off. Whoopee.

This whole FF season has been *sh$t* because of the bloody auto draft which I had to do because of the time difference, I'm the one who has a reason to be annoyed, not you...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:23 am

You traded Welker to the team I was playing. I was against the trade for other reasons, which I made clear on the league message board (you didn't post at all in that discussion, btw :evil: ). But Welker still managed to put up 11+, (not that it would have saved me) before he was concussed, so I said it didn't happen soon enough to help me. We'll see how he helps LTI in the playoffs. I'm hoping he's the one that puts LTI over the top against Hyena boy. Now, that would be Karmic justice!

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:This whole FF season has been *sh$t* because of the bloody auto draft which I had to do because of the time difference, I'm the one who has a reason to be annoyed, not you...

And you know what SLR, next year I'll try and be more accommodating to the time difference thing. If possible I'll try and see if we can start around 5pm our time and that would make it 11pm your time (I think.. or maybe 10pm?). Definitely will have it on Friday or Saturday night though and you'll probably be drunk by then but that may help you. :lol:

All I ask is that you remind me waaaaaaaaay next year. :lol:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:This whole FF season has been *sh$t* because of the bloody auto draft which I had to do because of the time difference, I'm the one who has a reason to be annoyed, not you...

And you know what SLR, next year I'll try and be more accommodating to the time difference thing. If possible I'll try and see if we can start around 5pm our time and that would make it 11pm your time (I think.. or maybe 10pm?). Definitely will have it on Friday or Saturday night though and you'll probably be drunk by then but that may help you. :lol:

Auto draft is fine for the offense, and if you take the time, you can set your IDPs up to draft well there too. I've got a complaint in to Yahoo, though, about the way they rank players pre-draft. The rankings should be based on your league's scoring set up, and not the default settings.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:You traded Welker to the team I was playing. I was against the trade for other reasons, which I made clear on the league message board (you didn't post at all in that discussion, btw :evil: ). But Welker still managed to put up 11+, (not that it would have saved me) before he was concussed, so I said it didn't happen soon enough to help me. We'll see how he helps LTI in the playoffs. I'm hoping he's the one that puts LTI over the top against Hyena boy. Now, that would be Karmic justice!

Yeah, that would bum me out, especially since I didn't like the trade either. Didn't seem to break any rules though and seemed real fair in terms of mutual needs and fantasy value.

Of course, Welker could have been concussed pregame and that wouldn't have been soon enough either.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how things play out.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Deadskins wrote:You traded Welker to the team I was playing. I was against the trade for other reasons, which I made clear on the league message board (you didn't post at all in that discussion, btw :evil: ). But Welker still managed to put up 11+, (not that it would have saved me) before he was concussed, so I said it didn't happen soon enough to help me. We'll see how he helps LTI in the playoffs. I'm hoping he's the one that puts LTI over the top against Hyena boy. Now, that would be Karmic justice!

Sorry DS, the message boards are no good for me, I have an old Yahoo account I rarely use and all notifications go to that as its a Yahoo league. To much grief to change it.

The trade was a good one for me, not that it matters much at this stage, my guys are playing for their spots next season!

I'm sure it'll work out fine for you anyhow.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

That would be great. I didn't say anything this time as I don't want to be asking 13 others to work around me, but I was away in London that weekend anyhow and very merry by 1am, which is when the draft took place!

For next season an hour earlier will work fine as long as I'm home (I'll remind you!).

Anyway, you know I'm getting my only win for the season this weekend, dont you...?

:D

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:the message boards are no good for me, I have an old Yahoo account I rarely use and all notifications go to that as its a Yahoo league. To much grief to change it.

It's really not that much trouble to change the email address on your profile. But either way, you should periodically check out the threads on the messages section of the league page. Lots of good stuff going on there. My 2 cents

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:50 am

Week 12 is now in the books and our last regular season meeting is starting tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day. What a great way to get ready for our playoffs!!! I think it's awesome that spots 7 and 8 are still up for grabs so everyone will have to start their best players. In case of a tie which I do foresee, it will go by most points scored. Good luck to all my managers, you guys have worked real hard this year. Irish, you did get a bum-deal with the whole draft thing and even though your record doesn't show it, you still made it competitive.. heck, I only won by 9 points last week so that should give you an idea. :mrgreen:

Week 12 Results

Week 13 Standings

Week 13 Matchups

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 am

I'll tell you what's a bum deal, drafting number 14, and having your #15 player go on IR after leading the league for non-QBs. :evil:

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Well Deadman, this is it buddy... considering neither of us have cows on our squads, here's to no injuries!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:57 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Week 12 is now in the books and our last regular season meeting is starting tomorrow on Thanksgiving Day. What a great way to get ready for our playoffs!!! I think it's awesome that spots 7 and 8 are still up for grabs so everyone will have to start their best players. In case of a tie which I do foresee, it will go by most points scored. Good luck to all my managers, you guys have worked real hard this year. Irish, you did get a bum-deal with the whole draft thing and even though your record doesn't show it, you still made it competitive.. heck, I only won by 9 points last week so that should give you an idea. :mrgreen:

Week 12 Results

Week 13 Standings

Week 13 Matchups

Thanks for the kind words LPJ. To be honest I've been throwing games since week 6 in order to ensure I get the first overall pick next season - that's how it works, right...?!?

Return to General Manager's Office