This Week Is It.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will the Skins Turn it around this week?

No doubt.
5
38%
Unlikely.
5
38%
Only by a miracle.
1
8%
I can't look.
2
15%
 
Total votes : 13
08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:People are just ticked off because of high expectations. I don't blame them.
Then there are a few that just like to come on and stir the pot when things aren't going well.


you're right - I really do not appreciate SUPPOSED Redskins fans getting so negative here …
fans who (for the most part) make it VERY obvious that they really don't have a clue what is going on on the field

this is the Washington Redskins - this is OUR team
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4761
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby riggofan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:People are just ticked off because of high expectations. I don't blame them.
Then there are a few that just like to come on and stir the pot when things aren't going well.


you're right - I really do not appreciate SUPPOSED Redskins fans getting so negative here …
fans who (for the most part) make it VERY obvious that they really don't have a clue what is going on on the field

this is the Washington Redskins - this is OUR team


I think there have been times in the past that fans were justified for being negative. The whole Zorn era. Cerrato's fantasy football management. SJ, I think you and I are in agreement that the team is on a realistic and solid path right now. It probably remains to be seen whether Shanahan is the coach who can get it done for the next step, but they're building something good right now. Patience!

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 am

^^ I agree that we're on a good path ..

it's been very disappointing though to be as strapped as we were by the cap BS and to be going through the issues we've had on both offense and defense

I'm hopeful that these guys can get things straightened out …
I don't think Haslett and Kyle have been doing their jobs well … BUT … even as pissed as I am about that I'm not sure that it's all on them …

HOPEFULLY - they can pull something out of this to build on

we do have our QB - that's for sure and we have some good players in place ….

this patience stuff is old …
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:21 am

It looked like the Skins were on the verge of turning things around after winning two in a row, but the loss to the Viqueens brought the team crashing back down to reality....the defense is abysmal and they simply aren't going to allow RG3 and the offense to outscore their opponents...they might get 2 or 3 more wins this season, but no way will they make a run like last year...

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 am

grampi wrote:It looked like the Skins were on the verge of turning things around after winning two in a row, but the loss to the Viqueens brought the team crashing back down to reality....the defense is abysmal and they simply aren't going to allow RG3 and the offense to outscore their opponents...they might get 2 or 3 more wins this season, but no way will they make a run like last year...


the fact is we might just win 2 or 3 but no one can really say that we cannot win all 7

we should not have beaten the Chargers … we did outplay them but … they had 1st and goal INSIDE the 1 yard line and …. :D

coulda, woulda shoulda … we can play better and we only have to win the next game … :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4761
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am

I'm finding myself agreeing with grampi somewhat this morning... :) At least that I don't see a playoff run coming. Then again, if you saw that freaking Cowboys game last night, you might make the case that an 8-8 team will win the NFC east this year!!!

Losing to that Vikings team was just such a dagger. Completely winnable game.

For what its worth though I'll say the end of our schedule doesn't really look as daunting as it did a few weeks ago. The 49ers are the toughest team on the schedule, but they haven't beaten a good team this season. (Seriously go look at their wins and losses.) The Chiefs have a beast defense obviously. The Falcons are a mess. Of all those games, I'd actually be most concerned about our NFC east games, just because we all know anything can happen in those games.

I just want to whip the Eagles this weekend.

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:58 pm

This week is it … if we go 7-9 and 4-2 in the NFC East, that would not be a disaster IMO

disappointing yes but not too bad :)
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby grampi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 pm

riggofan wrote:I'm finding myself agreeing with grampi somewhat this morning... :) At least that I don't see a playoff run coming. Then again, if you saw that freaking Cowboys game last night, you might make the case that an 8-8 team will win the NFC east this year!!!

Losing to that Vikings team was just such a dagger. Completely winnable game.

For what its worth though I'll say the end of our schedule doesn't really look as daunting as it did a few weeks ago. The 49ers are the toughest team on the schedule, but they haven't beaten a good team this season. (Seriously go look at their wins and losses.) The Chiefs have a beast defense obviously. The Falcons are a mess. Of all those games, I'd actually be most concerned about our NFC east games, just because we all know anything can happen in those games.

I just want to whip the Eagles this weekend.


IF the Skins get 3 more wins, I think it'll be the Fecals, Midgets, and Crackboys...

Hog
Posts: 2392
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

grampi wrote:
riggofan wrote:I'm finding myself agreeing with grampi somewhat this morning... :) At least that I don't see a playoff run coming. Then again, if you saw that freaking Cowboys game last night, you might make the case that an 8-8 team will win the NFC east this year!!!

Losing to that Vikings team was just such a dagger. Completely winnable game.

For what its worth though I'll say the end of our schedule doesn't really look as daunting as it did a few weeks ago. The 49ers are the toughest team on the schedule, but they haven't beaten a good team this season. (Seriously go look at their wins and losses.) The Chiefs have a beast defense obviously. The Falcons are a mess. Of all those games, I'd actually be most concerned about our NFC east games, just because we all know anything can happen in those games.

I just want to whip the Eagles this weekend.


IF the Skins get 3 more wins, I think it'll be the Fecals, Midgets, and Crackboys...



Giants are on a roll. Never count them out which you didn't. I think the Eagles are the team to reckon with in the near future though. I agree.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 am

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:This season is over. I never call it this early, but it's just a gut feeling. That loss seem like it took their hearts.


I don't know how its going to affect them going forward, but that was a game we HAD to have to realistically stay in the hunt.

Actually it wasn't. We still have four games within the division, and if we win them all, we will be right there in the mix to win the East again.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:36 am

This week's game is all that counts and I think we'll see a better effort from everyone ...
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4761
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 am

Deadskins wrote:
riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:This season is over. I never call it this early, but it's just a gut feeling. That loss seem like it took their hearts.


I don't know how its going to affect them going forward, but that was a game we HAD to have to realistically stay in the hunt.

Actually it wasn't. We still have four games within the division, and if we win them all, we will be right there in the mix to win the East again.


Yeah its pretty incredible, but you're right. Crazy! If Rodgers had not gotten injured and given the Eagles an easy W against GB, it would be even tighter in the division.

I still agree with CLL's comment about that loss to the Vikings. A good team doesn't lose that game, and I'm sure the Redskins know that. Maybe they will surprise us all and respond positively this weekend. It would be great if they can at least keep it interesting going into December.

08 Champ
Posts: 13401
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 pm

The good news is we get to play the eagles this week - their defense is one of the worst in the NFL
YES - even worse than our defense :D

the bad news is that the eagles have lost the last 10 in a row at home …. :shock: can they keep doing that?
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL


Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football