This Week Is It.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will the Skins Turn it around this week?

No doubt.
38%
Unlikely.
38%
Only by a miracle.
8%
I can't look.
15%

Total votes : 13
08 Champ

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 pm

each week is another 'opportunity' … we have not seen this team consistently play to their capabilities …

it's fine to point to the positives .. the fact is that this team ONLY needs to play to their capabilities in order to win ..

it's really as simple as that - this team is better than we've seen this season

the last 2 wins, to me, were encouraging in that we're starting to play better as a team

we have so many players on this team that just need to be given the opportunity to execute - the OC, DC and ST coordinators need to do their jobs better
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Alright boys, we're halfway there. Minnesota is gut-check time: we can save the season here if we make a heroic stand.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Alright boys, we're halfway there. Minnesota is gut-check time: we can save the season here if we make a heroic stand.

ummm... Minnesota is a team that we SHOULD beat... I expect a win. A loss is just evidence of a deeper problem that results in playing down to the level of an inferior opponent. "Gut-checks" suggests a game against an equal or better opponent.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 am

I am scared of the following: the short week, traveling to Minnesota, knowing that the Vikes lost a heartbreaker to the Cowgirls would make them want this win that much more, and Adrian Peterson. This game is not going to be an easy one to win as much as we'd hoped.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:22 am

Anybody hear the Vikings play-by-play guy on 106.7 this morning? Good interview. That guy sounded completely depressed and pretty much expects a Redskins win.

Not surprising if your team is 1-7 or whatever, and still no guarantee for us. But he did point out that the Vikings have NINE starters out including the left and right tackles. His point was that yeah Peterson is a monster, but he still needs the line to open up the holes.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:41 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I am scared of the following: the short week, traveling to Minnesota, knowing that the Vikes lost a heartbreaker to the Cowgirls would make them want this win that much more, and Adrian Peterson. This game is not going to be an easy one to win as much as we'd hoped.

I never think of a Redskins game as being 'easy' - they're all 'hard' - we're not that good yet
and
I don't care how good or bad a team is or who is playing or not playing - games are not always won by the 'better' team

The winner is not always the team that plays the best

one thing you can count on is that the team that plays together as a unit (Special teams, Offense or Defense) will have the best chance at success
and
the Redskins are a better team in all phases of the game

AP can have a great game but if the Vikings defense does not have a good game or their Special Teams gives up a bunch of yardage his yards will not amount to a W

Of all the things you mentioned that worry you, I doubt that any will matter, except that it's very likely that AP will get a bunch of yardage … BUT … that only matters IF the Vikings D and their ST play really well too - that is not happening, because they are not a very good team in all phases of the game

HTTR

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:14 am

SkinsJock wrote:Of all the things you mentioned that worry you, I doubt that any will matter, except that it's very likely that AP will get a bunch of yardage … BUT … that only matters IF the Vikings D and their ST play really well too - that is not happening, because they are not a very good team in all phases of the game

HTTR

:shock:

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:23 am

This season is over. I never call it this early, but it's just a gut feeling. That loss seem like it took their hearts.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:33 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:This season is over. I never call it this early, but it's just a gut feeling. That loss seem like it took their hearts.

I agree. We needed to win yesterday and the Eagles game next week. We would have been 5-5 going up against the 49ers. Now we'll be 3-7. And before someone says "we were 3-6 last year!", take a look at our schedule. We have the 49ers, Chiefs, Giants (twice), Falcons, and the Cowboys. No way.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:This season is over. I never call it this early, but it's just a gut feeling. That loss seem like it took their hearts.

I don't know how its going to affect them going forward, but that was a game we HAD to have to realistically stay in the hunt.

Whatever else happens, can we please just beat the hell out of Philly???

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 am

riggofan wrote:Whatever else happens, can we please just beat the hell out of Philly???

That's going to be very hard to do, unfortunately. They have McCoy (who is right behind AP in terms of yards this year) and a better QB in Foles (than Ponder). If we couldn't beat the Vikings in Minnesota, I don't forsee a victory in Philly.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:28 pm

Some of you doomsdayers crack.me up... We lose to teams we shouldn't and beat teams we shouldn't EVERY year! Are you not accustomed to it yet?? Lmmfao
We can beat any.and ll of the teams we face next, or we can lose. If our D can put together a cohiesive unit and get the right plays called, who knows? Niners and Chiefs are over rated right along the Seahawks. I think we have better qb, hell better O!, then all of em... Our D sure doesn't bail us out every week.like those teams tho. This time last year they decided to show up. Save the seasons over bs for your momma, BEAT Dallas! With the east as it is its still anyone's ball game... 8-8 and get hot into the playoffs ala giants is a real possibility.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:25 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:

I agree. We needed to win yesterday and the Eagles game next week. We would have been 5-5 going up against the 49ers. Now we'll be 3-7. And before someone says "we were 3-6 last year!", take a look at our schedule. We have the 49ers, Chiefs, Giants (twice), Falcons, and the Cowboys. No way.

OK explain how we could be 5-5 - does that not mean that you think we win the game against the eagles?
why are you then suggesting that we're going to be 3-7 - IF we win the eagles game, we'll be 4-6 … DUH

I've got some more math for you .. if we win our next 7 games … oh that's right. NOT possible right? ;furious;
Last edited by SkinsJock on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:47 pm

People are just ticked off because of high expectations. I don't blame them. Then there are a few that just like to come on and stir the pot when things aren't going well.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Please remember... address the post... not the poster.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football