This Week Is It.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will the Skins Turn it around this week?

No doubt.
38%
Unlikely.
38%
Only by a miracle.
8%
I can't look.
15%

Total votes : 13
Hog

Re: This Week Is It.

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:13 am

Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Out of all the QBs we have left to face, only Romo is playing at the top of his game.

Rivers is pretty much playing the best football of his career.

Yeah, I meant after Rivers.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:47 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:Out of all the QBs we have left to face, only Romo is playing at the top of his game.

Rivers is pretty much playing the best football of his career.

Yeah, I meant after Rivers.
Kaepernick? Alex Smith?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... backRating

I am talking about this year and playing at the top of their game. Even Eli can be a an awesome QB at times but going by that link,
I think I narrowed it down a little more.

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 am

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Yes this game is a must win for any hopes of the post season. And then the Vikings game and Philly game as well. We have to win these next 3 or our season is done, IMO. I don't even want to go 2-1 in the next 3 game stretch. We have to be .500 going up against the 49ers. This San Diego game will be the real test to see if our team has any fire left in them to make a legitimate push to the playoffs.

winning is not as important as having a group of players playing as well as they are capable

Really?? This sounds good on a recreational little league level. Not so much for a professional football team.
What the....

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 am

This team has not played as well as they are capable … the 'better' team does not always win the game
all I'm pointing out is that I don't care as much as most here about wins and losses … I just would like to see them playing as well as they are capable of, as a team

we have not seen much of that this season - we are a better team than we've seen …

OK - we managed to find a way to win =D>

IMO the biggest issue facing Mike is with his 3 coordinators
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am

(d)oink wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Yes this game is a must win for any hopes of the post season. And then the Vikings game and Philly game as well. We have to win these next 3 or our season is done, IMO. I don't even want to go 2-1 in the next 3 game stretch. We have to be .500 going up against the 49ers. This San Diego game will be the real test to see if our team has any fire left in them to make a legitimate push to the playoffs.

winning is not as important as having a group of players playing as well as they are capable

Really?? This sounds good on a recreational little league level. Not so much for a professional football team.

lol. Winning is pretty much it in professional sports. I'm sure there are people out there who think Alex Smith is a better QB than RGIII right now.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:13 am

riggofan wrote: … I'm sure there are people out there who think Alex Smith is a better QB than RGIII right now.

:lol: and there are even some that think we should change our name … who cares

IMO RG3 is a far better QB for the Redskins than Alex Smith … again, who cares

I'm sure there are people out there that think Obama is doing a good job … again, who cares

I know that we could have a much better win loss record if we had utilized the talent we have better, again, who cares

I just want to see these guys playing at the level they're capable of - the win loss record will take care of itself :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:I know that we could have a much better win loss record if we had utilized the talent we have better, again, who cares

I do.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I know that we could have a much better win loss record if we had utilized the talent we have better, again, who cares

I do.

:lol: OK - I'm just hoping this team will start playing as well as they're capable of …

the wins will happen and we'll have a better idea of what direction to go in …

playing the way we've been playing (before this last game) is a recipe for disaster on so may fronts

1 game at a time :D

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

I am talking about this year and playing at the top of their game. Even Eli can be a an awesome QB at times but going by that link,

Hmmm... "Eli" and "awesome QB".... two concepts I have never put into the same sentence...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I just want to see these guys playing at the level they're capable of - the win loss record will take care of itself :lol:

Don't worry man, I totally understood your point.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I just want to see these guys playing at the level they're capable of - the win loss record will take care of itself :lol:

Don't worry man, I totally understood your point.

1 game at a time - I do believe we can get this thing back on track …..

this is a better team than we've seen so far - it's time to get it all together :D

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Hmmm... "Eli" and "awesome QB".... two concepts I have never put into the same sentence...

Trust me, bile was coming forth when I wrote that.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

Trust me, bile was coming forth when I wrote that.

... and yet, you still hit "Submit"... =; Shaaaaaaaaaaaame :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:18 pm

SkinsJock wrote:this is a better team than we've seen so far - it's time to get it all together :D

I agree, or at least I have been holding on to some hope that is the case. I heard Mike McCoy make this point in his post game interview on Sunday. I can't find the exact quote, but he said he thought the Redskins have one of the better offenses in the league - people just haven't noticed yet because they haven't gotten the wins. (I know we've had legitimate issues, but I've personally thought the offense hasn't played as badly as they've been accused after some of these losses.)

Anyway, we've discussed this a lot the past few weeks. We need the team to come out and back it up Thursday night. The Chargers are a MUCH better team than the Vikings. Phillip Rivers is WAY better than Christian Ponder. AP is ranked #4th RB in the league right now. Guess who #5 is?

Time for a nice winning streak to get started...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football