Trade Cousins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm

DarthMonk wrote: I hear Bradford is out for the year. How about we give the Rams Cousins and our next #1 for their next #1 and #2 and their two #1s after that?

:lol:
Unlike someone else who fantasizes that we could get a starting Safety in exchange for Sleepy Davis... there is something to this. It's very likely that the Rams would pay a good deal more than Cousins is worth on paper... Unfortunately, Fischer is NOT Ditka, so we won't be getting his #1-#7... but we might just get a #2 or maybe a #3 + a player...

I also don't think Shanny is ready to let Cousins go quite yet...
nor am I...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:17 am

Can we at least wait until the end of this season to see if Griffin stays healthy before we talk about trading the best backup in the league?!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Can we at least wait until the end of this season to see if Griffin stays healthy before we talk about trading the best backup in the league?!

Not happening man. This is Redskins fans' favorite topic.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:Can we at least wait until the end of this season to see if Griffin stays healthy before we talk about trading the best backup in the league?!

Not happening man. This is Redskins fans' favorite topic.

After a win: "TRADE COUSINS! GRIFFIN IS BACK!"
After a loss: "BENCH GRIFFIN! WE WANT COUSINS!"

Skins fan logic.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: I hear Bradford is out for the year. How about we give the Rams Cousins and our next #1 for their next #1 and #2 and their two #1s after that?

Unlike someone else who fantasizes that we could get a starting Safety in exchange for Sleepy Davis... there is something to this. It's very likely that the Rams would pay a good deal more than Cousins is worth on paper... Unfortunately, Fischer is NOT Ditka, so we won't be getting his #1-#7... but we might just get a #2 or maybe a #3 + a player...

nor am I...

Am I reading this correctly?
Redskins get: STL 2013 #1 & #2, 2014 #1, 2015 #1
STL gets: Cousins, WAS 2014 #1

-drinking

If true, do you honestly believe there's a GM on planet earth stupid enough to make that trade? We gave up basically the same for RGIII.

In REALITY, we are more likely to get one single second round pick for Cousins (maybe a 2 and 4) -- and perhaps a low #1 from a desperate team. IMHO, these are potential "dream" options:
- trade a #1 from MINN in exchange for Cousins. Based on their Josh Freeman pickup, they may just be dumb enough to make the deal. If MINN ends up with a top 5 pick, it would more likely be a #2 and #4
- get back our #1 from STL in exchange for KC straight up
- trade KC to JAX for a 2nd and 4th
- trade KC to HOU for their #1 or a 2nd and 3rd
With the disclaimer that these are "dream" options. I personally think all of these are stretches and the KC suitor would have to be REALLY desperate. In reality, KC most likely carries a #2 value at best.

I no longer think CLE is a potential suitor given the fact they appear committed to the draft.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

nor am I...

-drinking

If true, do you honestly believe there's a GM on planet earth stupid enough to make that trade? We gave up basically the same for RGIII.

Not to mention that STL already has our 2014 #1.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

nor am I...

-drinking

Ummm... you have to do some real contortions (and load up on a lot of Jack Daniels) to get that out of what I said...

In REALITY, we are more likely to get one single second round pick for Cousins (maybe a 2 and 4) -- and perhaps a low #1 from a desperate team. IMHO, these are potential "dream" options:
- trade a #1 from MINN in exchange for Cousins. Based on their Josh Freeman pickup, they may just be dumb enough to make the deal. If MINN ends up with a top 5 pick, it would more likely be a #2 and #4
With the disclaimer that these are "dream" options. I personally think all of these are stretches and the KC suitor would have to be REALLY desperate. In reality, KC most likely carries a #2 value at best.

I no longer think CLE is a potential suitor given the fact they appear committed to the draft.
Why don't you re-read what I said, now that you're sober...

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Countertrey wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

nor am I...

-drinking

Ummm... you have to do some real contortions (and load up on a lot of Jack Daniels) to get that out of what I said...

Why don't you re-read what I said, now that you're sober...

My comments were directed at the inital post; not yours.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 pm

I can see that matches up with your post... though, normally, I would expect you would quote the post you were commenting on... not a response to the post you were commenting on.... :wink:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:20 pm

markshark84 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:

nor am I...

-drinking

That was the whole point. I was funnin'. Not only is that what we gave up - we gave it to the Rams.

-drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby gushogs » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am

I just read that the Rams called Favre... I don´t know, but in my book that is as desperate as it gets!!! Also heard Jeff Garcia called the Browns. Next week if things go so far, we could hear Montana, Marino and Namath names called!!!
Anyway, I think we are a lucky team with the QBs we have, but at the end of the day, business man Danny boy must be getting a lot of phone calls these days about Kirk and even for Rex (RG3 maybe?).
Is it time to HOLD or SELL as they say in the NYSE?
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:28 am

gushogs wrote:I just read that the Rams called Favre... I don´t know, but in my book that is as desperate as it gets!!! Also heard Jeff Garcia called the Browns. Next week if things go so far, we could hear Montana, Marino and Namath names called!!!
Anyway, I think we are a lucky team with the QBs we have, but at the end of the day, business man Danny boy must be getting a lot of phone calls these days about Kirk and even for Rex (RG3 maybe?).
Is it time to HOLD or SELL as they say in the NYSE?

Every GM, HC and anybody that has anything to do with NFL players knows that Dan Snyder does not have anything to do with the hiring or firing of players on the Redskins roster

I think that Mike and Bruce are very aware of the 'value' in having a good backup like Cousins and also when will be the right time IF, repeat IF they ever decide to trade him
I doubt he's going anywhere soon .... unless :twisted:
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm

I think we're sitting pretty right now. We have a good backup QB that can start in the NFL, but with RG3 coming off of injury, we have good reason to want to hang onto him. Maybe that causes a bidding war between desperate teams and we get an offer we can't refuse?

I'd take a 1st round pick and have Rexy back up RG3 for the rest of the season. Though we'd still have to draft another QB, wouldn't we? Decisions...
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Postby yupchagee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 am

Hooligan wrote:I think we're sitting pretty right now. We have a good backup QB that can start in the NFL, but with RG3 coming off of injury, we have good reason to want to hang onto him. Maybe that causes a bidding war between desperate teams and we get an offer we can't refuse?

I'd take a 1st round pick and have Rexy back up RG3 for the rest of the season. Though we'd still have to draft another QB, wouldn't we? Decisions...

This is the most rational post I have seen here in quite a while.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:40 am

This thread should go pretty quite after this coming Tuesday, at least until March next year.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football