Helu or Morris

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

For fantasy football, would you start Helu or Morris

Poll ended at Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 am

Helu
12%
Morris
88%

Total votes : 17
Hog

Helu or Morris

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:22 am

Who would you start fantasy football wise: Helu or Morris? I have both on my roster, but since we're playing the Broncos I could see us in more passing packages than standard. Please vote. Major decision here.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Re: Helu or Morris

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 pm

markshark84 wrote:Who would you start fantasy football wise: Helu or Morris? I have both on my roster, but since we're playing the Broncos I could see us in more passing packages than standard. Please vote. Major decision here.

This should take about 10 nanoseconds to decide... Morris! If you're in a PPR league then you might have to think about it for 50 nanoseconds.

(for those of you not familiar with a nanosecond it is equal to one billionth of a second)
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Morris is the safe start. SkinsFan#33 is probably right in a PPR league, they might be about even.

Here is the Huddle's comments on Skins' RBs v. Denver if it helps:

RUNNING BACKS: Last summer, Alfred Morris spoke about how he would improve on an impressive rookie season. And he was hard at work not only staying in shape but learning to receive. What they failed to tell him was that he would be halfway through the season without a single game of more than 19 touches and that Roy Helu would become a big part of a committee. Morris ran for 95 yards on the Bears on 19 carries but Roy Helu was mixed in liberally with 11 rushes for 41 yards and three touchdowns. Over the last four games, Morris scored only once while Helu racked up four touchdowns. Helu also adds in a couple of catches in most games as well unlike Morris. Helu does enough lately to merit minor consideration as a flex play but mostly he's ensured that Morris remains nothing but an average back this year. Take Helu out of the picture and Morris would be just as good as 2012. Not going to happen.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Morris had 3 TDs on 11 carries. It was his first and only multiple score game ever. So, um, yeah. Safe to say you don't expect that to happen often.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

My rationale is that we'll most likely be:
1. playing down the majority of the game and in mostly passing formations, and
2. using the hurry up offense, which Helu is exclusively used in

Honestly, I don't think it is that cut and dry. I am actually considering starting Morris and using Helu as my flex --- and I'm not in a PPR league. 5 of my players have a bye week, so it is either Stevan Ridley or Helu as my flex.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:30 pm

I said Helu because of the deficit that we'll most likely be facing. I also think that if we are down far enough, they're not going to risk injury to Morris and will play/feature Helu. Helu also offers more in terms of picking up yards in the pass vs Morris and while Morris will have more opportunities to touch the ball, Dallas couldn't run the ball vs Den and Helu will be in for just as many snaps if not more which will mean increased chances of making a play.

ps - Keep in mind that Shanny said that Helu has earned more touches as well and because of Morris' 1600 yd season last year, Helu is playing for his next opportunity which is enough motivation for me to pick him.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:26 am

markshark84 wrote:My rationale is that we'll most likely be:
1. playing down the majority of the game and in mostly passing formations, and
2. using the hurry up offense, which Helu is exclusively used in

Honestly, I don't think it is that cut and dry. I am actually considering starting Morris and using Helu as my flex --- and I'm not in a PPR league. 5 of my players have a bye week, so it is either Stevan Ridley or Helu as my flex.

I think you're on to something, there. Your more interesting choice is between flexing Ridley vs Helu. In that decision, even though I want to say you go with Helu because he is likely (for many of the reasons already expressed by others) to get a meaningful amount of touches/opportunities, Ridley will be playing against the Dolphins this week and seems to be coming on in the last 2 weeks with the Pats. But I think Morris out points them both, for what that's worth.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:26 pm

riggofan wrote:Morris is the safe start. SkinsFan#33 is probably right in a PPR league, they might be about even.

RUNNING BACKS: Last summer, Alfred Morris spoke about how he would improve on an impressive rookie season. And he was hard at work not only staying in shape but learning to receive. What they failed to tell him was that he would be halfway through the season without a single game of more than 19 touches and that Roy Helu would become a big part of a committee. Morris ran for 95 yards on the Bears on 19 carries but Roy Helu was mixed in liberally with 11 rushes for 41 yards and three touchdowns. Over the last four games, Morris scored only once while Helu racked up four touchdowns. Helu also adds in a couple of catches in most games as well unlike Morris. Helu does enough lately to merit minor consideration as a flex play but mostly he's ensured that Morris remains nothing but an average back this year. Take Helu out of the picture and Morris would be just as good as 2012. Not going to happen.

Average back? Morris leads the NFL in yards per carry (5.2), and is on track for more than 1200 yards for the season, in spite of limited touches.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Morris is the safe start. SkinsFan#33 is probably right in a PPR league, they might be about even.

Average back? Morris leads the NFL in yards per carry (5.2), and is on track for more than 1200 yards for the season, in spite of limited touches.

I think they mean in term of fantasy football value...... not how good of a player he is. I have him in my league and he isn't exactly lighting it up.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:54 am

markshark84 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

I think they mean in term of fantasy football value...... not how good of a player he is. I have him in my league and he isn't exactly lighting it up.

Exactly. Nobody is racking up fantasy points for Morris' excellent yards per carry stat.

Fortunately for us, Morris is not an average player in REAL LIFE! :)

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:40 am

Well, thanks guys!

I was seriously considering starting Helu. I went with Morris and Ridley, both of whom had decent games and got me the W this week.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 pm

I went with RG3 over Romo and that lost me the game. Thanks for nothing Redskins!!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:43 am

Having Blowmo on your fantasy team lost you the game. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 am

Deadskins wrote:Having Blowmo on your fantasy team lost you the game. :lol:

Money's money. As much as I can't stand Dallas as a team, Romo & Witten are two bad asses.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:18 am

Morris gets 7 on his worst day and you can usually count on him for 12+.

Helu is boom or bust. 2, 1, 5, 3, bang!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football