Alfred Morris

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Morris is a good back, the issue is with RG not being 100% and running that is making our PATHETIC offensive line even more PATHETIC, he had 95 yards yesterday due to RG starting to be a run threat again. If we had a REAL offensive line instead of just one REAL Left Tackle Morris might go over 2000 yards. Sorry but our interior and right tackle simply are PATHETIC, TERRIBLE and wouldn't start or be even second string on any other team in the NFL. Our LG was okay 2 years ago prior to his ACL injury but he now is below average and that Tyler Polumbus, he is either the weakest tackle in football, or simply has the worst technique I have ever seen, personally I am at my wits end why he and Chris Chester is even starting. Seriously terrible....

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm

:roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:09 pm

You know what I think it is just by watching yesterday's game.. Helu has a burst from the jump and Morris takes a sec or two to get going. Helu will jook, dart, spin and those kinda things but with Morris he jooks and will knock over a defensive player in the process and drag a few as well. I love the fact that we have two we can count on to do damage.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Alfred still leads the league in ypc rigggght? Id say the line is doing what it is designed to do
$.02

I'm with lpj here.. its so refreshing to have our own one two punch w Morris and helu.. our version of thunder and lightening is paying dividens!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Beat Denver!
[-o<
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:15 am

emoses14 wrote:Beat Denver!
[-o<

We will...

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Alfred still leads the league in ypc rigggght? Id say the line is doing what it is designed to do
$.02

I'm with lpj here.. its so refreshing to have our own one two punch w Morris and helu.. our version of thunder and lightening is paying dividens!

So you don't see the push that every defensive line get's against Chester and Polumbus :roll: Sorry dude regardless of what Alfred has in terms of leading the league in YPC that isn't the right side of the line's doings AT ALL. Chester and Polumbus REEK!! and as a coach that has coached offensive and defensive lines I can tell you that Chester is just sorry, Polumbus has the worst technique I have seen. Yes we have a great RB tandem, but thank God Trent Williams is there to provide some amount of holes. I mean you did notice all the positive yards gained were behind Williams and running at Peppers. The right side of the line was being RAPED all day........And I won't even go on my tangent about the Defense and Jim Haslett, however I will say only against Washington can a Journeyman QB who wasn't even in the league 2 years ago, come in and look like Brett Farve. And no people don't give me the 74 yard stat line Cutler is a way better QB than his replacement is....Our defense is DOO DOO BUTTER....

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote: Our defense is DOO DOO BUTTER....

Well... that's harsh. :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
gushogs wrote:I think people are complaining because of fantasy points, cause Morris didn't get the TDs yesterday.... money/gambling blurring people perspectives????

HaiL,

Not me, I picked up Helu last week. :twisted:

Not Royster??!!

Is Royster still on the team? hah. I seriously don't know.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
gushogs wrote:I think people are complaining because of fantasy points, cause Morris didn't get the TDs yesterday.... money/gambling blurring people perspectives????

HaiL,

Not me, I picked up Helu last week. :twisted:

Not Royster??!!

Touche. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 am

riggofan wrote:Is Royster still on the team? hah. I seriously don't know.

Yes he's still on the team. I have no clue as to whether or not he's been active all year, but he's on the roster.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:13 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
markshark84 wrote:And I received a NUMBER of phone calls last night about how Morris got ROBBED on goal-line plays --- especially on the 1st and Goal on the 2 with less than a minute left. Why did they put Helu in? That IS what Morris does well. There is no reason Helu should have been playing in that scenario. Had something gone wrong --- that is what the media would have been complaining about today and how KS/MS don't know how to run personell.

Maybe, but there is logic to it: they wanted the Bears to think we were going to pass. It looked to me like it worked.

Morris needs to get 20-25 touches per game --- MINIMUM. As with last year, he gets better as the game goes on. His best production is between carries 12-25 --- and he hasn't been able to get there this season (which could be another reason he appears frustrated).

I couldn't disagree with this more. Feeding him the ball 20-25 times a game is simply a recipe to wear him out before his time: that's an average of about 360 carries per year. Spread the ball out and we'll not only keep defenses guessing, we'll see Morris in B&G for an extra 3-4 productive seasons.

I have to disclaim this with the fact I have Morris on my fantasy team (and used him as my first pick).

That said, I am of the beleif that Morris is highly durable. He is not one of those guys that is larger than his frame due to supplements and constant weight-lifting. I personally believe that 22 carries per game is optimal for Morris --- and that we should be running the ball 30+ times game; with Helu still getting 7-10 carries. Morris is almost 25 and only has 4 years left as is. In total, I'd like to see him around 320 --- which is closer to 20 per game ---- and seeing that he's only at 91 in 6 games, he can get 23 per game and still be within that range.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football