Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 am

Would have liked to have seen Griffin get out of bounds or slide more often, but other than that and the stupid INT, he definitely played his best game. The D stepped up in the first half, and sucked it up in the 2nd. Thank God the offense was firing on all cylinders yesterday, or we would have lost. Huge win. Bring on Manning and the Broncos.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:13 am

One thing is abundantly clear - advocates for Kirk Cousins to be the starting QB for this franchise have no case and IMO they never really did :lol:

some fans just like to post complete BS because they want the attention or they just don't have a clue - kind of like most of the NFL media :lol:

it might be time for us to consider trading Cousins but I don't think that happens until we are sure of getting a really great deal of value for him ...

we need a backup QB and Kirk Cousins is a good QB :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:16 am

SkinsJock wrote:One thing is abundantly clear - advocates for Kirk Cousins to be the starting QB for this franchise have no case and IMO they never really did :lol:

some fans just like to post complete BS because they want the attention or they just don't have a clue - kind of like most of the NFL media :lol:

it might be time for us to consider trading Cousins but I don't think that happens until we are sure of getting a really great deal of value for him ...

The Skins would be stupid to trade Cousins before his contract is up. There's no guarantee that Griffin will stay healthy all year, especially if he's going to start running more. Cousins has to stay for the simple reason that we can still win games with him at QB. Rex Grossman not so much.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 am

StorminMormon86 wrote: ... The Skins would be stupid to trade Cousins before his contract is up. There's no guarantee that Griffin will stay healthy all year, especially if he's going to start running more. Cousins has to stay for the simple reason that we can still win games with him at QB. Rex Grossman not so much.

:lol: the Redskins FO is not stupid ...

unlike some of the posts and 'scenarios' that we see here ... :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The Skins would be stupid to trade Cousins before his contract is up. There's no guarantee that Griffin will stay healthy all year, especially if he's going to start running more. Cousins has to stay for the simple reason that we can still win games with him at QB. Rex Grossman not so much.

I completely agree. We're in what week 7 and look how many QBs who started week one are already out. Having Kirk Cousins is not just a luxury its a necessity!

Even if it means we have to bear the idiotic calls for benching RGIII for Cousins every time we don't win a game. :)

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:56 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:The Skins would be stupid to trade Cousins before his contract is up. There's no guarantee that Griffin will stay healthy all year, especially if he's going to start running more. Cousins has to stay for the simple reason that we can still win games with him at QB. Rex Grossman not so much.

I completely agree. We're in what week 7 and look how many QBs who started week one are already out. Having Kirk Cousins is not just a luxury its a necessity!

Even if it means we have to bear the idiotic calls for benching RGIII for Cousins every time we don't win a game. :)

Griffin is still doing some stupid extended runs instead of getting out of bounds or sliding, he did a couple yesterday...I don't know (if he continues to do that) if he'll be able to play all 16 games. That's why we need Kirk Cousins on this team until his contract is up.

And just because we won yesterday you won't see the bench Griffin talk go away, especially if we lose again. Sad but true.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

Griffin is still doing some stupid extended runs instead of getting out of bounds or sliding, he did a couple yesterday...I don't know (if he continues to do that) if he'll be able to play all 16 games. That's why we need Kirk Cousins on this team until his contract is up.

And just because we won yesterday you won't see the bench Griffin talk go away, especially if we lose again. Sad but true.

2 separate issues.

1. Start Kirk Cousins? No. (Agree with the stormy 1 that there will always be morons who think Kirk should start in place of Robert for quasi-legit and completely illegitimate reasons)

2. Trade Kirk Cousins? HELL NO! Actually, if we can figure out how to do it, I'd prefer to keep him here for a long, long time. That way, we don't have to worry in any situation if Robert goes down. That is Kirk's golden ticket in my opinion. In fact, after Griffin plays all 16 regular season games this year (book it), and however many playoff games we play (leave me alone, these drugs are fantastic!), I hope to see Kirk's value go down such that his agent can be snookered into resigning here, for not a lot.

3. On the point of how many QBs are out- How can that be? I thought only running QBs could get hurt. How can pure pocket passers get injured?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 am

emoses14 wrote:3. On the point of how many QBs are out- How can that be? I thought only running QBs could get hurt. How can pure pocket passers get injured?

Good point.

Although the running QBs definitely are exposed more, it can happen to even the "pure pocket" passers.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
riggofan wrote:

My issue with keeping KC until his contract is up is that once that contract expires --- he's gone and we get nothing for him. IMHO, I think we could get as high as a 2nd round pick for him. I don't want to throw that away.

And we won't hear the "bench RGIII" talk as long as he continues to play well and improve game to game. Since week 3, RGIII has been improving --- and to the point we saw RGIII back to his 2012 form yesterday. If we lose next sunday --- you won't see people asking to bench RGIII as long as we put up points.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm

AGAIN - this FO knows more about Kirk Cousins value to this team than anyone here - A WHOLE LOT MORE :wink:

Cousins is not going anywhere ..... for now - it is not because RG3 is more likely to get hurt - any QB at any time can get hurt
RG3 has been physically good to go since before the season and he's still showing that he's as fast as he ever was :D

This FO knows how important a good backup is and at the right time they'll trade Cousins and have a good backup in place

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:15 pm

FWIW Robert got hit going ob and had his foot caught under him but it popped out.. not sure if anyone else saw but I know I was holding ny breath!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

swine

Postby masterkwon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:31 pm

[/quote]especially if we lose again. [/quote]

If?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:56 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:FWIW Robert got hit going ob and had his foot caught under him but it popped out.. not sure if anyone else saw but I know I was holding ny breath!

good call - I did notice that ... at first I thought he was favoring it a little bit but it seemed fine ...

I like that he's trying to do a little more - he is who he is but I'm also sure he's not going to try and do too much

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm

SkinsJock wrote:One thing is abundantly clear - advocates for Kirk Cousins to be the starting QB for this franchise have no case and IMO they never really did :lol:

Hopefully Shanny will go all Godfather on him and make KC an offer he can't refuse :lol:

It really would be a shame to see him go, but I do kind of feel sorry for him for not being a starter somewhere. Hopefully he's happy here and will stay.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:FWIW Robert got hit going ob and had his foot caught under him but it popped out.. not sure if anyone else saw but I know I was holding ny breath!

LOL glad it wasn't just me who noticed! Sadly, I find myself watching him way too closely when he gets hit. Any slight movement and I'm like "Oh God he's limping again!!"

Is it just me or does he look faster this year already?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football