Time for Kirk Cousins!!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:25 am

Didn't remind you of the deer in the headlights Campbell on some plays (especially the fumble)?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:54 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:Didn't remind you of the deer in the headlights Campbell on some plays (especially the fumble)?

Maybe in his career day (best day of his life).. its just a bogus remark...
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:04 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
grampi wrote:I agreed with the notion of bringing in KC as an attempt to salvage the season, but now we're beyond that point, and now I think the team just needs to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%, and fixing the rest of the issues with the team...I believe this season is not salvageable...

:shock: if we are able "to focus on getting RG3 better and back to 100%" and be able to fix "the rest of the issues with the team" - how can you say "this season is not salvageable"

what the hell do you expect of these players and coaches?

RG3 gets back to 100% ... AND ... the offense, defense and special teams start to play really well

thanks for clarifying :roll:

I say I don't think this season is salvageable because I don't think these issues can be fixed in the next week or two, which is what it would take to salvage this season...they might be fixable over the course of the rest of the season...

The Redskins have "issues" - but they also are getting 'better' each week
you think they cannot salvage the season - why not? - the season has 10 games left - a lot can happen

why does the team need to make everything 'right' in the next 2 weeks?

why be so negative?

give it some time - we're obviously not going to win every game but I do think we'll continue to see improvement

While the team is getting 'better' each week, their week-to-week improvement is not significant enough to result in a playoff calibur team.

To put it in other words, lets use a Madden NFL example and say a typical playoff team is producing at a rate of 90 points. In the first game, the skins were a 70. They have improved each week by 2 points. Even though we're improving, it will take us 10 games of this type of improvement before we are playing at a playoff calibur level.

And I don't get your "we don't need to fix things in the next 2 weeks" statement. In fact, if you do believe this season is salvagable, the statement is 100% incorrect. Because if things don't get "right" in 2 weeks, we'll be 1-6 and need to most likely go 8-1 all while playing the Chargers, 49ers, Chiefs, Falcons, and 4 NFC East rivalry games. DO YOU REALLY SEE THAT HAPPENING!!! Based on what this team has produced thus far? We're 1-4. Time is not on our side. With the understanding we'll lose to the Broncos, Chiefs, and 49ers, we are basically in season survival mode NOW.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't understand why some fans want to look beyond this week - we cannot do anything about the Broncos game ..

we ONLY need to play well this week - win or lose - if we play well that is all that matters

we are not playing well - as soon as we start playing well we'll start winning that game that week :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:35 pm

When members talk about RGIII being back 100%, I am not sure he will ever be 100% the player he was last yr. Consider he was a rookie and was allowed to do his thing with what appeared to be no consideration of consequences. Do you think he will be allowed to continue this reckless approach or will he be held in check for his own protection?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Uh oh.... Heeeeeeessss baaaaacccck!
#hailTotheRgthreadkiller
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Little by little...game by game.

Now if the Redskins could get the defense in shape...

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:54 pm

welch wrote:Little by little...game by game.

After the Bear's game: Anybody now think RG3 should be benched?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:34 pm

SKINS#1 wrote:When members talk about RGIII being back 100%, I am not sure he will ever be 100% the player he was last yr. Consider he was a rookie and was allowed to do his thing with what appeared to be no consideration of consequences. Do you think he will be allowed to continue this reckless approach or will he be held in check for his own protection?

RG3 (or RGIII) has been physically ready to play since August

I'm just really enjoying have some fans here be proven so wrong in their estimation about how good our QB is at this time

and

how quickly he would be able to PROVE to be the great QB we all expected again

:D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:46 pm

riggofan wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
riggofan wrote:Seriously???? Can we just delete this incredibly stupid thread?
Because Griffin without exceptional mobility is effective? Have you been watching? I don't know if Cousins can help the Skins win and get back into the division race but Griffin playing with pocket passer legs without pocket passer skills isn't going to do it.

Griffin ran for 77 yards Sunday night. Have YOU been watching?

:lol: I'm sure we'll hear from OldSchool soon .... :lol:

or maybe not :twisted:

08 Champ

Re: Time for Kirk Cousins

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:08 pm

funsho2 wrote:RG3 is not a good pocket passer ..... time to go in a different direction

oh really! - care to add anything? ... :twisted:

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:20 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:

His fakes, reads, cuts, and throws looked FAST today; mechanics were tight.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:31 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

I agree.. for the most part he played safe as well. A couple of slides and/or throw aways in a few situations and I think the media would've been happier. It was definitely a step up this week. I'm anxious for him to settle in, go through his progressions a little better (of course he'd have to do it damn fast w this line), and hope to see some more pump fakes and looking off the receivers to help them get some space. Overall a solid performance though

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Griffin played his best game today. The Bear defense isn't what used to be but because Skin wasn't controlling the Bear Griffin had to perform and he did. I was surprised, maybe he can get it going now that he is running more.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

I agree.. for the most part he played safe as well. A couple of slides and/or throw aways in a few situations and I think the media would've been happier. It was definitely a step up this week. I'm anxious for him to settle in, go through his progressions a little better (of course he'd have to do it damn fast w this line), and hope to see some more pump fakes and looking off the receivers to help them get some space. Overall a solid performance though

Absolutely! Like you said, he definitely played a lot safer especially with his runs. Its not perfect, but looking pretty good; add in some slides and a little less contact and he's close to perfection on his runs. He looks FAST too!

I've been blown away by DHall in these last two games. Really hoping he continues doing whatever he has been.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football