Redskins start 0 and 3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 am

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Yards don't mean jack squat. Points are all that matter.

I don't think you believe this. What's more valuable, a play that generates 99 yards of offense but doesn't score, or the 1-yard run that gets you 6 points? It's simplistic and unrealistic to say the 99-yard play doesn't mean anything.

But the 99 yard play doesn't mean anything without the play that scores. But we were talking defenses, and you know that. I don't care how many yards our D gives up, as long as the other team doesn't put points on the board.

Again, that's unrealistic. You give the Jaguars the ball on the 1 and they are going to score against the Seahawks. So it doesn't make sense to say that the field position (and yards that get you there) don't mean anything.

Our defense isn't going to stop teams from scoring if they can't pin them in their own territory. When you stop the team within their own 20-30 yard line and force a three and out, you give your offense great field position. And then, even if your offense doesn't score, they can return the favor by pinning the other team inside their own 20 or 10. All of these things feed off one another and are significant.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:51 am

The only thing that needs to change that matters is winning. Period.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The only thing that needs to change that matters is winning. Period.

Curious to see what happens around here when the redskins right this ship later this year. Very curious. Especially if the defensive play improves.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:The only thing that needs to change that matters is winning. Period.

So true. Our defense was crap last year too. I didn't hear a word about Haslett through that entire winning streak.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 am

riggofan wrote:

So true. Our defense was crap last year too. I didn't hear a word about Haslett through that entire winning streak.

Exactly!

Although I do think Al Morris is a very underappreciated part of this team. Griffin got a bulk load of the credit for carrying this team, but Morris was every bit as responsible for our win streak, IMO. We have got to give him the rock more, especially if Griffin is still playing at 75%.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:19 pm

emoses14 wrote:

Give me the kniiiiiiiife... pleaaaaassse
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:If we beat the Raiders and then the Cowgirls, we'd be sitting at 2-3. Our schedule doesn't get any easier I know, but firing Haslett is not going to make any difference one way or the other.

So correct me if I'm wrong but you are saying that whether we have Haslett as DC or not will have no impact on our team's performance?

If that is the case, then we should unquestionably fire him. After all, if he "is not going to make any difference one way or the other" --- then he adds NO VALUE and is a waste of time and money to the organization.

As far as beating OAK and DAL --- sounds like a great scenario. You may as well have said if we win the rest of our games, we'll be 13-3. Right now, we are 0-3; not 2-3. That is the scenario.

Lets stick to what we are and not what we hope to be.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Wow, now that's what I call "high-level" analysis.

I think the more pertinent issue is the "how"; not the what. I think everyone on the planet grasps the concept that winning is the goal.

As things currently stand, we are on path to become the worst defense in NFL history. We can't continue to maintain the status quo. "Winning" doesn't just magically happen. Success is built.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:05 pm

markshark84 wrote:

I think the more pertinent issue is the "how"; not the what. I think everyone on the planet grasps the concept that winning is the goal.

As things currently stand, we are on path to become the worst defense in NFL history. We can't continue to maintain the status quo. "Winning" doesn't just magically happen. Success is built.

:lol: he can't handle the truth ....

btw - an 0-3 start means that we just need to go 10-3 over the next 13 and hope the pukes go 7-6 :lol:
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:14 pm

markshark84 wrote:

Built how? By firing the defensive coordinator three games into the season? Give me a freaking break.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:36 pm

riggofan wrote: .... firing the defensive coordinator three games into the season? Give me a freaking break.

I'm with you - we have good players and we have good coaches - we need them to do their jobs better ...

we are only 2 games behind the stupid pukes and we get to play them twice ... :D
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:26 pm

riggofan wrote:

Our defense was a lot better during the win streak last year, and people around THN were talking about it plenty.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:05 pm

this group of players is actually better than what we had for the last 7 games

the fact is we should be seeing better play and I would expect that is being looked at closely by both coaches and players

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 pm

We faced high powered offenses in the first 3 games. Mike Vick with Chip Kelly have shown they can put up points. The Chiefs have one of the best defenses in the league. The Eagles managed to put up some good yardage and points against them.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the game with a core of solid weapons to throw to. He was a SuperBowl MVP. Very tough to stop them.

Lions with Stafford and Calvin Johnson are also amongst the best in the league. Calvin Johnson is probably the best receiver in the league. D. Hall covered him pretty good. Also Amerson looked really good in the LIons game. Showing a huge improvement from the first game.

Our team isnt as bad as we think. Its the second year for RG3 and coming back from an ACL injury. We have a couple rookies on defense. But one of those rookies is starting to look like very solid. This is good because moving forward we can trust him without giving him help.

Our scheduele may not look easier but it is going forward. We wont be facing prolific offenses like we just did in the first 3 games. Other then Peyton.

We now look to Oakland. I am not going to underestimate them but the game is winnable. However they are hardly the offensive juggernauts we faced in the first three games.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 am

markshark84 wrote:

I'm really sorry. I just can't be as football savvy as you. :roll:

It pisses me off to no end to see these smug posts from fans who think they have all of the answers. Look, firing Haslett is NOT going to make any difference in wins or losses. The players executing is what needs to happen. "Fire Haslett" is such a cop out it's not even funny. We're not even into our bye week yet and people want coaches fired. And it's only week 4! You do not build success by firing Haslett. That's admitting defeat.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football