Tanard Jackson

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Tanard Jackson needs a minor miracle ...
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:From what I understand he is training keeping himself in shape and further rehabbing that shoulder injury. From what I was told is he has had contact with league offices who are going to reinstate him, from what his father is saying he is going to play for the Redskins this year. Now I am not sure how much this information is true I was at my barber shop and a guy there claims to be friends with Tanard's father and this is what he said in the Barber Shop..........

If he is re-instated, he'll make the roster and play for the Redskins. He'll probably make that secondary issue go away :wink:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 01, 2013 12:38 pm

1niksder wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:From what I understand he is training keeping himself in shape and further rehabbing that shoulder injury. From what I was told is he has had contact with league offices who are going to reinstate him, from what his father is saying he is going to play for the Redskins this year. Now I am not sure how much this information is true I was at my barber shop and a guy there claims to be friends with Tanard's father and this is what he said in the Barber Shop..........

If he is re-instated, he'll make the roster and play for the Redskins. He'll probably make that secondary issue go away :wink:

+1

He is leaps and bounds better than the Safeties we had playing last year. Here's to hoping that he is a quality veteran backup this year. That would mean that Thomas and/or Rambo tore it up in training camp & pre-season.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 pm

The Hogster wrote:
+1

He is leaps and bounds better than the Safeties we had playing last year. Here's to hoping that he is a quality veteran backup this year. That would mean that Thomas and/or Rambo tore it up in training camp & pre-season.

In years past, I couldn't see someone sticking around as a backup. But with how this FA period played out... It might be in his best interest to stick around, especially if he has a coach that'll work with him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
+1

In years past, I couldn't see someone sticking around as a backup. But with how this FA period played out... It might be in his best interest to stick around, especially if he has a coach that'll work with him.

Plus if we keep the "winning team" persona he might want to stay just for that. Could give him some play time on special teams and my defensive rotations to keep him happy.

I'm confident he'll come back, but I've seen stranger things.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
+1

This is the first time in a long time that players have opted to take less money to remain here.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
+1

This is the first time in a long time that players have opted to take less money to remain here.

Exactly. They seem very united which is great news for us fans :)

With the "lost income", you'd hope that everyone would be hungry knowing that their performance this year will dictate their contracts for next year (those who's contracts are expiring that is).

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 pm

I thought he couldn't participate in anything until September 1st?? I saw someone saying he played Thursday night....
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:00 am

rg3togarcon wrote:I thought he couldn't participate in anything until September 1st?? I saw someone saying he played Thursday night....

He might have played Playstation, Candy Crush, or hop skotch, but he didn't play in that game.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Anyone hear anything about Jackson's reinstatement? We need him back...Rambo ain't got it...

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:30 pm

And by the way...suspending a guy for pot the same as PEDs is really ridiculous.

Hell, pot is legal in some states. Using PEDs is cheating in all states and all legit sports!!

I know...someone will respond with -- "but all the players know the rules" -- and I don't disagree but come on, the penalty should fit the crime.

I'd rather see the guy do community service, help kids by requiring them to visit schools and talk about it. Telling them to take a year off and don't show your face. Really?

Cheaters -- yes.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Latest news I have:

Tanard Jackson eligible for reinstatement, but no immediate action by NFL

Rambo was no Rambo on Monday night. They made him look like a ... ROOKIE. Not a strong starter YET. He will get better but not immediately.

Jackson's chances are good now with Thomas' and Meriweather's injuries.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 am

fredp45 wrote:And by the way...suspending a guy for pot the same as PEDs is really ridiculous.

Hell, pot is legal in some states. Using PEDs is cheating in all states and all legit sports!!

I know...someone will respond with -- "but all the players know the rules" -- and I don't disagree but come on, the penalty should fit the crime.

I'd rather see the guy do community service, help kids by requiring them to visit schools and talk about it. Telling them to take a year off and don't show your face. Really?

Cheaters -- yes.

Yup. If anything, pot is a PDD. haha

Postby rcjur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Bring him back NOW along with Gomes. Release Rambo and Doughty.

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 am

rcjur wrote:Bring him back NOW along with Gomes. Release Rambo and Doughty.

Gomes will be on the field next game. Don't you fret about it.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football