Week 1 Game Thread: R U Ready for Some Football?!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:Wish they could have both lost.

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 pm

ACW wrote:Thread or not, I'm just still pissed at Mara.


You can say that again! If I ever met him I would call him a frakin thief and cheater to his face.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:52 pm

I was hoping for that rare tie.

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:52 pm

It is funny people ask me which NFCE team I hate the most that is an easy answer! Of course I hate the Cowboys the most.

However if someone asks me which fan base I hate the most, that is easy too, it is of course Philly. The EGirl fans are by far and away the most obnoxious, the Cowgirl fans are just too superficial to hate.

My most hated owner in all of team sports is by far and away John “you cheating thief” Mara!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Anyone want to take a guess as to who the five inactive players will be?

Here's mine:
- Rex
- Pat White
- Jordan Reed
- Even Royster (this depends is Chris Thompson is the PR or not) (it will be one of those two)
- Chris Neild (only because they are planning to be in nickle and dime all game)
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4853
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Rex inactive, eh? That would definitely say a lot about RGIII.

I think Pat White is going to be active and on the field for at least one play tonight. And not playing QB. :)

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Pat White will certainly be active - handing out the half time gatorade. Can't see him being in uniform at all though.

The game kicks off after midnight over here in the old world - can't wait :-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Anyone want to take a guess as to who the five inactive players will be?

Here's mine:
- Rex
- Pat White
- Jordan Reed
- Even Royster (this depends is Chris Thompson is the PR or not) (it will be one of those two)
- Chris Neild (only because they are planning to be in nickle and dime all game)


I agree with that, all except Chris Neild. Barry Cofield is playing with a club, so I would guess Chris would be needed tonight.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:It is funny people ask me which NFCE team I hate the most that is an easy answer! Of course I hate the Cowboys the most.

However if someone asks me which fan base I hate the most, that is easy too, it is of course Philly. The EGirl fans are by far and away the most obnoxious, the Cowgirl fans are just too superficial to hate.

My most hated owner in all of team sports is by far and away John “you cheating thief” Mara!

As a whole, I agree with you on the Philly fan base, but of the fans I know personally, give me the Smeagols over the vaGiants any day.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16193
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 pm

I think Jordan Reed will be active, and actually play a pretty big role.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:I think Jordan Reed will be active, and actually play a pretty big role.


I'd love to see this as well. Him and Davis causing mismatches

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Confirmed inactive players:
White, Grossman, LeRibeus, Meriweather, Gumbs, Neild, Royster.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:55 am
Location: Vallejo, California

Postby HarleyHog » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

one thing that stood out to me in preseason was the distribution of passes. Everyone got into the act amongst the recieving core. I look for RGIII to spread the ball around a LOT and hope to see a lot of big plays.
I hope Kyle has RG open up with an 80 yard bomb to Robinson, first play. It would be a nice tone-setter and a turnabout of the blowout a few years back. HTTR
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11086
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 pm

HarleyHog wrote:I hope Kyle has RG open up with an 80 yard bomb to Robinson, first play. It would be a nice tone-setter and a turnabout of the blowout a few years back. HTTR


I keep thinking about that, too. But I suspect the Eagles will be looking out for it. I'm thinking that Shanny will want to give RGIII at least one snap to ease himself in, so we can expect to see Morris off-tackle to start.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
HarleyHog wrote:I hope Kyle has RG open up with an 80 yard bomb to Robinson, first play. It would be a nice tone-setter and a turnabout of the blowout a few years back. HTTR


I keep thinking about that, too. But I suspect the Eagles will be looking out for it. I'm thinking that Shanny will want to give RGIII at least one snap to ease himself in, so we can expect to see Morris off-tackle to start.


Alfred, Alfred, short pass to Davis, punt. We all panic. Eagles march down to score 7-0. Then, like the Super Bowl vs. Denver, Robert composes himself and the rout will be on.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football