2013-2014 season salaries by team and position...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

2013-2014 season salaries by team and position...

Postby 1niksder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm

The Redskins are in the middle of the pack in cap spending, and still less than $2M under the 2013 Cap

Considering the team is in it's FINAL year of the CapGate robbery, which had a -$17,184,063.00 impact right off the top, another $6M+ for players on IR/PUP that didn't count until last week, along with the two suspended players eating up more than $2.5M for the next month or so, and they also had to account for the paying of Practice Squad players the Redskins are doing pretty good managing the cap.

Looking ahead...

Next year will be the first year the Redskins front office will be on a level playing field with the rest of the NFL. They won't have to deal with things like rebuilding a Vinny C. built team, player lockouts, capgate (which was a attempt to rework bad contracts that Vinny C. had given out). They go into the draft without a number one pick but that's their own doing, just like the $5.2M in 2013 dead cap space (mostly from Jammal Brown's $3.3M hit). As of today, they'll start next year with a little more than $157K in dead cap.

Brown will be off the books.... McNabb turned into the draft pick that brought in Alfred Morris, they sent the Fat guy up north and Belicheat sent them the pick that they used on Brandon Jenkins... so the year one mistakes will have been fixed, they'll have their full cap allotment, have 35 players (most of them expected to contribute this season) at a little more than $74M, and are currently the defending NFCE champs and aren't trying to break the bank to get to the top.

Can't wait to see them on MNF against a division foe that has spent $73.3M on their offense this season
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:59 pm

One more thing

HTTR
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 am

Thanks for posting this!! That's a lot of money to snag up a couple free agents next year.

We'll also be able to reward those worthy players who decided to take one to the balls for the team. Loyalty shall be rewarded, a couple free agents shall be signed, and draft miracles shall occur.

To top it off, we'll probably have good balance left over after all that.

Thank you Mara for making our team come together for pay cuts just so we can be loaded now.

Hopefully we'll see you in NJ this year...where your field will have OUR logo on it. Sorry in advance for the likely fan vandalism. I'm sure you've been saving up for such a time as this 8)

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:18 am

Next season we might wanna target Eric Winston. He's with the Cards this year but it's only a one-year deal...
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22

Re: 2013-2014 season salaries by team and position...

Postby Deadskins » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:00 am

1niksder wrote:The Redskins are in the middle of the pack in cap spending, and still less than $2M under the 2013 Cap

I meant to post this six days ago when it happened, but my work computer was acting up, and then forgot about it until now.

There’s a rule in the NFL that states that only the players with the 51 highest base salaries on the team count against the salary cap from the start of the league year until just before the start of the regular season.

At that point, every player on the team, including those on injured reserve or other lists keeping them from counting against the 53-man roster, counts against the cap. As a result, teams sometimes have to rework contracts to make sure their payroll complies with the cap.

The Redskins admitted earlier in the summer that they were worried about where they’d be when everybody counted and Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that they have restructured the contract of defensive tackle Barry Cofield as a result. Cofield was set to have a base salary of $4.05 million this season, but it has been slashed to the veteran minimum of $840,000 for a player of his experience. That lessens the cap hit for this year by moving it to future years of Cofield’s deal, which runs through the 2016 season.

The move gives the Redskins about $2.4 million in cap space to go with the $1.3 million that Maske reports they had before the move. The Redskins are in the second year of a two-year league-imposed cap penalty of $36 million resulting from the way they structured contracts in the uncapped 2010 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -contract/
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 am

We have a lot of guys that restructured deals to get us where we are today and a few more in contract years that are gonna want a nice slice of the pie. I don't expect us to make any huge moves in FA next year (maybe 1 or 2 key positions). That might be the year Cousins gets traded to bolster our draft though.

Either way, I don't think the teams starters will look much different than today.

Re: 2013-2014 season salaries by team and position...

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:The Redskins are in the middle of the pack in cap spending, and still less than $2M under the 2013 Cap

I meant to post this six days ago when it happened, but my work computer was acting up, and then forgot about it until now.

There’s a rule in the NFL that states that only the players with the 51 highest base salaries on the team count against the salary cap from the start of the league year until just before the start of the regular season.

At that point, every player on the team, including those on injured reserve or other lists keeping them from counting against the 53-man roster, counts against the cap. As a result, teams sometimes have to rework contracts to make sure their payroll complies with the cap.

The Redskins admitted earlier in the summer that they were worried about where they’d be when everybody counted and Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that they have restructured the contract of defensive tackle Barry Cofield as a result. Cofield was set to have a base salary of $4.05 million this season, but it has been slashed to the veteran minimum of $840,000 for a player of his experience. That lessens the cap hit for this year by moving it to future years of Cofield’s deal, which runs through the 2016 season.

The move gives the Redskins about $2.4 million in cap space to go with the $1.3 million that Maske reports they had before the move. The Redskins are in the second year of a two-year league-imposed cap penalty of $36 million resulting from the way they structured contracts in the uncapped 2010 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -contract/

:shock:
I've got them at $1.72M under the cap

The Washington Redskins are a relatively modest $1.85 million under the salary cap with all of their players now counting against it, according to a person with knowledge of cap records.

That figure includes the salary cap space that the team created by renegotiating the contracts of defensive linemen Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen and Adam Carriker. Those three contract reworkings carved out about $3.7 million in cap room for the Redskins.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 am

Well, I suspect we won't really be on a level playing field with other teams for another year. Even though we'll be back to a regular salary cap and finally freed of all of Snyder/Vinny's mistakes, we will have an unusually high number of players threatening to hit free agency next offseason. We've had a very soft landing considering the severity of the penalty, but even with our cap wizards I expect that we won't be able to make all of the moves we want to, and otherwise could, in March 2014. Just my My 2 cents.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 am

They haven't restructured Trent Williams or Garcon's contracts yet... combined they could save another $12M-$14M in space next year.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am

The cap will probably go up as well, right? And who knows, 18 games and roster expansion are looming.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 am

DarthMonk wrote:The cap will probably go up as well, right? And who knows, 18 games and roster expansion are looming.
it went up $900K from 2012 to 2013
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:58 am

Not having a first round pick isn't so bad. The 32nd pick is practically second round anyway! :P
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football