Schefter Tweet: Griff Starts Against Eagles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:16 pm

OK - I understand what you're all saying and I've always felt that RG3 would start the 1st game ... :roll:

recently, Mike has made it very clear (maybe just to me) that no matter what the Dr or RG3 say or think - the decision on whether RG3 plays is his alone ..

let me take it one more step - Mike has indicated that the Dr could clear him medically and he could still decide not to start him in the 1st game ...

it's not going to matter - I've decided that RG3 is starting QB against the Eagles - that's all that matters ... to me :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 pm

I realize my first post indicated Dr Andrews was calling the shots, that's my fault. Didn't mean to put it that way...
It was more.like Shanny has him on his schedule to start week one, barring any set backs, and as long as Dr Andrews cleared him and an MRI gave the feedback he needed that schedule would remain intact. To be perfectly clear we all are in agreence with the head coach making the head coach decisions
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 am

thanks - no worries here ...

for what it's worth ... I just heard that despite the medical clearance from Dr Andrews, Mike has still NOT cleared him .. give me a break :wink:

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:52 pm

SkinsJock wrote:thanks - no worries here ...

for what it's worth ... I just heard that despite the medical clearance from Dr Andrews, Mike has still NOT cleared him .. give me a break :wink:

I'm sure at this point that's Coach trying to make the Eagles prepare for two different QBs, right??? lol.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:54 pm

riggofan wrote:

I'm sure at this point that's Coach trying to make the Eagles prepare for two different QBs, right??? lol.

I have to agree - I cannot imagine Mike putting Griffin on the field if he has even the slightest concern ...

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 pm

riggofan wrote:

Not only that ... he's ... ahem ... reminding everyone ...

who is TOP DAWG!!

Monkey \:D/ -drinking

... B!TCHES !!!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Finally! as we all expected ...

Shanahan said Griffin can do anything that needs to be done -- whether that's rolling out, sprinting, making cuts, standing and throwing in the pocket, or running the read option.
"If we didn't feel like Robert was full-go and able do all the things he can be asked to do, he wouldn't be in this game,”

OK - that's what I have been waiting to hear - RG3 is able to do whatever it takes to help this offense go

looking forward to seeing RG3 running our offense again

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Am I the only one who won't be able to breathe properly next Monday?

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:47 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Am I the only one who won't be able to breathe properly next Monday?

Next Monday? I'm having difficulty right now just waiting for Monday. I have a golf tournament that day and am quite concerned about my concentration level.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby jmooney » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:02 am

What's odd is, all these people talking about Robert being rusty and getting acclimated to game speed.

Have they forgotten last year he walked into a hostile Superdome as a rookie with limited pre-season snaps and lit it the -F- up?

Have they forgotten that his knee is currently better than it was at any point since the Ravens game, and he was still an effective QB after that.

Have they forgotten that this kid thrives in big games, when the spotlight is brightest and people doubt him the most.

Have they forgotten he has a full season under his belt and another offseason to get more comfortable with this offense that is returning all the same starters.

My only concern is that some idiot from the Eagles will take a cheap shot at his knee.

If that doesn't happen, I predict he has his best game as an NFL quarterback to date.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am

jmooney wrote:What's odd is, all these people talking about Robert being rusty and getting acclimated to game speed.

Have they forgotten last year he walked into a hostile Superdome as a rookie with limited pre-season snaps and lit it the -F- up?

Have they forgotten that his knee is currently better than it was at any point since the Ravens game, and he was still an effective QB after that.

Have they forgotten that this kid thrives in big games, when the spotlight is brightest and people doubt him the most.

Have they forgotten he has a full season under his belt and another offseason to get more comfortable with this offense that is returning all the same starters.

My only concern is that some idiot from the Eagles will take a cheap shot at his knee.

If that doesn't happen, I predict he has his best game as an NFL quarterback to date.

Yes.

I do think he will be rusty. However, as Rex Grossman (seriously, I'm using Sexy Rexy to validate a point) pointed out anecdotal(ly) from his return from knee injury, that rust will effect him for a series or two, maybe a quarter.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 am

jmooney wrote:What's odd is, all these people talking about Robert being rusty and getting acclimated to game speed.

Excellent points. I haven't forgotten. But you are right that most others have. It's easier to be a skeptic right now, but it won't be in just a few weeks.

My prediction is, if they do try a cheap shot to the knee, they will fail, Robert will get angry (Rocky style), and then have his best game as an NFL quarterback to date. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Rusty? Its a possibility. To your point though, I don't think anybody should be surprised if RGIII shows up on Monday night and just completely dominates the game.

I'd actually be less surprised about that than to see him go out and have a stinker of a game.

I hate starting the season on Monday night. I want to see these guys play NOW!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:14 am

I don't think he'll be rusty, save for a series or two. He'll obviously be more cautious than last year. We'll still win.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 am

there is no doubt that defensive players will try to 'test' that knee and see if it can handle being hit ...

RG3 will only be the great QB we expect him to be if he shows that his knee can take the hits and that he is not at all distracted by the 'attention' that defensive players are going to put on that knee ...

I am looking forward to this kid leading this franchise for many years to come

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football