Bucs vs Redskins: Gameday Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:08 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Gentlemen, things have changed for our team. We've waited long enough, haven't we?

Indeed :-) Its a new era in DC
Hail yeah! That has been one of the best things about watching this preseason. We have solid depth, rookies that are playing solid and the team continues to click regardless of whether its 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team players out there. Mike had asked for 5 years to turn things around. Nice to see the coaches and front office making it happen.

Looking forward to Monday night!
"Givin'em the Business!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 pm

44diesel wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
Burgundy&Wha? wrote:Gentlemen, things have changed for our team. We've waited long enough, haven't we?

Indeed :-) Its a new era in DC
Hail yeah! That has been one of the best things about watching this preseason. We have solid depth, rookies that are playing solid and the team continues to click regardless of whether its 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team players out there. Mike had asked for 5 years to turn things around. Nice to see the coaches and front office making it happen.

Looking forward to Monday night!

It isn't a new era. This has been consistent progress.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Listening to 980... Cooley just called Jurgy a "football dinosaur" LOL!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Agreed, CLL. However as time goes on that progress becomes more and more apparent. We surprised a lot of people last year and won the division. This team is now a real force to be reckoned with.

With the young talent they've been stockpiling for the last few seasons, we should be that way for years to come. I haven't felt so confident in our team since the Bobby Bethard days.
"Givin'em the Business!"

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

That was a nice punt return move

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I need to see the replay.. very happy to hear CT is doing what he needs to do to secure his roster spot...

Did I see Royster get some praise?? Must be a cold day in hell! :twisted:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 am

Countertrey wrote:Must remind myself that this is preseason, but damn... I sure am optimistic.

+1. Just preseason, and the most meaningless preseason game of them all at that. But one of the things I really liked is that the players seem to know this offense now. They look like they can run it no matter who is out there. I kind of expect its going to be more than just "the RGIII show" on offense this year. A healthy, effective RGIII is just going to make them that much more dangerous. You guys agree?

I totally agree with the comments about the rookie class. Amerson, Rambo, etc; DAMN.

What did you guys think about Royster? I gotta think it will be hard to leave him off the 53. Just so much competition on the team right now, especially at RB and WR.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 am

Can't find any highlights of this game online, I want to see Thompson's return! He made the wrong impression with me by missing the first preseason game then coming in and fumbling, he might be too soft to play RB in nfl, but KR PR is something else entirely
HAIL

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 am

My NFL app has some highlights but didn't have the Thompson return up Smh
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:50 am

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Must remind myself that this is preseason, but damn... I sure am optimistic.

+1. Just preseason, and the most meaningless preseason game of them all at that. But one of the things I really liked is that the players seem to know this offense now. They look like they can run it no matter who is out there. I kind of expect its going to be more than just "the RGIII show" on offense this year. A healthy, effective RGIII is just going to make them that much more dangerous. You guys agree?

I totally agree with the comments about the rookie class. Amerson, Rambo, etc; DAMN.

What did you guys think about Royster? I gotta think it will be hard to leave him off the 53. Just so much competition on the team right now, especially at RB and WR.

Doc Walker was pumped up about this team. No primadonnas. Everybody is about the team, and work. They have bought in. Regarding preseason, several have said the wins are no big deal... but this team is playing as a unit, from the starters to those who will end up as last day cuts. Players are hitting their assignments, finishing plays, taking care of business, and going back to the huddle, on offense and defense. The only concern at all that I heard was that the vets playing Special teams for KO and Punt coverage were beating the rooks to the ball carrier... :shock:

The team is PUMPED, and I see nothing that will keep this from carrying into the regular season...

I'm on the bus. I don't think I have EVER been so optimistic going into the season. If the team can manage injuries, I see 11-13 wins, and a deep run into post-season.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm

In regards to the Tampa game... GOOD GRIEF, WE HAVE SOME STUD BACKUP RBS !!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching the game and every RB we had in the game were breaking tackles, juking people out their shoes, and all have great speed.

I am very impressed with our OL and even Pat White did pretty good.

I'll miss Sexy Rexy though, he was always a great laugh to me :cry:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Can't find any highlights of this game online, I want to see Thompson's return! He made the wrong impression with me by missing the first preseason game then coming in and fumbling, he might be too soft to play RB in nfl, but KR PR is something else entirely

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 105b3caa9b
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Another great highlight from last night's game was Rob Jackson in "Berzerker" mode sacking the Bucs backup QB AND the LT!

"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:23 pm

44diesel wrote:Another great highlight from last night's game was Rob Jackson in "Berzerker" mode sacking the Bucs backup QB AND the LT!

We need "Like" buttons.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:06 am

44diesel wrote:Another great highlight from last night's game was Rob Jackson in "Berzerker" mode sacking the Bucs backup QB AND the LT!

That's just ninja right there :-)

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football