Schefter Tweet: Griff Starts Against Eagles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Schefter Tweet: Griff Starts Against Eagles

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 am

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h
What Washington wanted: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will start their Monday night opener against the Eagles.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby 44diesel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 am

Schefter's tweet has caused quite a stir this morning on sports radio. While I remain confident that RGIII will play Monday night, I think this is more a case of a news reporter wanting to "report first" on the topic rather than Robert getting officially cleared.

I will patiently wait for the official word from Dr. Andrews and then the final ok from Mike Shanahan on the matter.
"Givin'em the Business!"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 am

I know this is coming from "sources close to the quarterback", but obviously GREAT news if true.

And seriously, walking away from that playoff game last year, who could imagine this kid would have himself in position to actually start the first game of this season? Its amazing.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 am

riggofan wrote:I know this is coming from "sources close to the quarterback", but obviously GREAT news if true.

And seriously, walking away from that playoff game last year, who could imagine this kid would have himself in position to actually start the first game of this season? Its amazing.

ABSOLUTELY - when I saw that leg in the last game - I was sure that we had 'lost' our QB, and that he would not be able to play at the same level again

we now 'know' (at least we think we 'know') that the surgery not only repaired the ligament damage but also 'addressed' issues from a previous surgery and the use of stem cells aided in the recovery process

we are incredibly fortunate to have RG3 back on the field, leading our team again

it does appear that ESPN wants to 'push' this Monday night opener as much as it can :roll:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:it does appear that ESPN wants to 'push' this Monday night opener as much as it can :roll:

Why wouldn't they? It would be a good draw, even in an uneventful year, but there are a bunch of side stories going into this game that will really amp up the coverage.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:it does appear that ESPN wants to 'push' this Monday night opener as much as it can :roll:

Why wouldn't they? It would be a good draw, even in an uneventful year, but there are a bunch of side stories going into this game that will really amp up the coverage.

no worries - ESPN is just doing it's thing as usual - for the Redskins fans IT IS a great starting game for the season ...

12 days ... :D
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby ACW » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Schefty's usually pretty on the money with this though...
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 pm

If the team is in Tampa already I'd say the report is accurate.. Andrews was going to make the call when they got to FL.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:57 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If the team is in Tampa already I'd say the report is accurate.. Andrews was going to make the call when they got to FL.

Dr Andrews is just the first step - he can clear RG3 to play but Mike makes the final call ...

HAIL

Currently 50-41

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:If the team is in Tampa already I'd say the report is accurate.. Andrews was going to make the call when they got to FL.

Dr Andrews is just the first step - he can clear RG3 to play but Mike makes the final call ...

Yep.

All seems a bit premature but I had to post the "breaking news."

[knocking on wood] Suppose Griff has a "setback" between now and MNF? [/knocking on wood]
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

Well obviously... He is the head coach. Mike was quoted saying if Dr Andrews gives the thumbs up in Tampa then griff would start. I think they mentioned it vs buffalo.... So its my guess the doc liked what he saw, and I doubt mike has seen different in practice.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

Well obviously... He is the head coach. Mike was quoted saying if Dr Andrews gives the thumbs up in Tampa then griff would start. I think they mentioned it vs buffalo.... So its my guess the doc liked what he saw, and I doubt mike has seen different in practice.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 pm

ACW wrote:Schefty's usually pretty on the money with this though...

I was thinking the same thing

Schefter is no JLC
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 am

SkinsJock wrote:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 am

I think I even read on ESPN yesterday that the Dr. Andrew's visit was just a formality. He's been cleared to play already, Dr. Andrews is just re-checking him to confirm that everything is still good.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football