Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Postby nonNFLer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi,

Consider this an outsider's opinion. I was a life-long Browns fan. After Modell sold them to Baltimore, I never watched another NFL game again. However, I recently moved to the DC area, and for some unknown reason, started watching Redskin games because they happened to be on my TV. I think there's something special about this Redskins team and they're real fun to watch.

I know I'll get sacked for saying it - but I'll say it nevertheless. You'd be fools not to trade RG3 and keep Pat White.

Nobody should put the future of their franchise on the double-reconstructed knee of any player. As great as RG3 may be now, he's only a short-term solution. He won't last more than 5 years in the NFL.

When I look at your team, I see an identity problem on offense. You've got zone-read QBs Griffin and White, and you've got pocket-passers Cousins and Grossman. You can pretend all you want how great it is to have differing styles, but is that really what you want? You want your starter to get hurt in week 14 and you get ready for the playoffs using a completely different system? I don't like those odds. You should want your 2nd string QB to use the same style as the 1st string QB.

What tandem combo is the better pick: Griffin and White, or Cousins and Grossman? Given Griffin's bad knees and White's inexperience and poor deep balls, you'd have to say it's Cousins and Grossman hands down. In fact, it's not even close. So, you're sitting here with Cousins looking like the next Tom Brady and you've got a double-reconstructed-knee in Griffin. Now, you tell me who you should build the program around. It's not even a question. Cousins has BIG TIME written all over him. And unlike RG3, he doesn't cause a distraction every time he opens his mouth. He's rather even keel and humble.

The QB rotation should be: 1) Cousins, 2) Grossman, and 3) Pat White. Cousins and Grossman use the same style. Not much has to change if Cousins misses a game here or there to recover from a minor injury. You keep White around because of two reasons: A) He'll help prepare you for teams using the zone-read, and B) maybe you can use him for a few situations throughout the year. Maybe a series or a few plays in a game where the zone-read would be desirable to move the chains or mess with the defense a little bit. But regardless, it's all about Cousins, and I think Grossman is the perfect compliment in that scenario.

RG3 - could have been a great one. A really great one! But sorry... that's life in the NFL. He's all flash and bravado now, but his days are sadly numbered. Fortunately for you guys, you somehow ended up with a real find in Cousins. He'll be a Super Bowl MVP one day. Mark my words.

[/i]

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:58 pm

You're a few months too late. Football season is upon us, and the time for discussing nonsense scenarios was during the offseason.

Good try, though! :up:
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby HarleyHog » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Oh, Bob's too fragile. No team would want to touch him. We would get more for good 'ole sexy McRexy. I'm afraid we have made our bed and are going to have to sleep in it. All the winning and explosive, exciting, productive offensive production is gonna be a bitter pill, but we fans will just have to grin and bear it. :roll:
Everybody funny, now you funny too ...

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have." -Vince Lombardi

(BTW . . . we have RGIII now)

piggie

Postby burgngold4life » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Can't say I see where ur coming from one single bit @the OP

RG3 won't get injured like that again(hopefully)

& Cousins stays our backup thru his rookie contract

I do like Pat White tho.. he reminds me of Tebow w/ a twist of RG3.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:50 am

burgngold4life wrote:Can't say I see where ur coming from one single bit @the OP

RG3 won't get injured like that again(hopefully)

& Cousins stays our backup thru his rookie contract

I do like Pat White tho.. he reminds me of Tebow w/ a twist of RG3.

+1

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 am

Thought for sure RG3 meant Rex before I clicked and read the post.

-drinking
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Re: Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:14 am

nonNFLer wrote:I was a life-long Browns fan.

And this where I stopped. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. Worry about your 39 year old sophomore QB.
2. Kirk Cousins is better than Weeden.
3. See the GIF below.
4. It must really piss you off that Alfred Morris had a better year than Trent.
5. Speaking of injury... Is Trent going to be healthy this year? Prolly not.

Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:34 am

I remember a poster who was a Browns fan, then wasn't. Then, was a fan of a team that no one could guess. Then, was a fan of no team at all. Maybe you know him.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Re: Trade RG3, keep Pat White

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 am

Welcome to the site - NOT a good start though ...

We all understand that RG3 might not be able to play QB for 10+ years - a career ending injury can happen at any time to any NFL player ...

however

there is no way a franchise trades away a talented player and ESPECIALLY not a QB at the beginning of his career - NO WAY

also

you are completely off base in your estimation about the status of RG3's knee - you OBVIOUSLY have ZERO knowledge about recent knee surgeries by Dr Andrews & the use of stem cells :roll:

after reading the post again it is my opinion that you are actually hoping that something bad happens to RG3 - you are basically a troll `

we shall see :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 am

His QB is Weeden... Think about that. Seriously guys... They missed out on RG3 and drafted a rookie in his late 40's LMAO.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:11 am

Deadskins wrote:I remember a poster who was a Browns fan, then wasn't. Then, was a fan of a team that no one could guess. Then, was a fan of no team at all. Maybe you know him.

Yep. He/she can't seem to stay away from the site.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:17 am

Oh.... who is he really? LOL

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:18 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I remember a poster who was a Browns fan, then wasn't. Then, was a fan of a team that no one could guess. Then, was a fan of no team at all. Maybe you know him.

Yep. He/she can't seem to stay away from the site.

I know it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, but can one person really be this uninspired by life to keep coming around with this inane comments/ideas? Really?

Also, I wonder what he meant to emphasize with the open italics ("[/i]"). Maybe that would have made his point about keeping the guy who's looked average, at best, against future grocery baggers and trading the franchise, maybe even hall of fame worthy talent, now, more salient?
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:His QB is Weeden... Think about that. Seriously guys... They missed out on RG3 and drafted a rookie in his late 40's LMAO.

When you compare the drafts we each had that year, it is really sad. We got two quarterbacks who are better than their guy — not to mention one is a franchise player — and picked up a superior RB in the 6th round. The mismatch in value per pick is stunning.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 am

emoses14 wrote:I know it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, but can one person really be this uninspired by life to keep coming around with this inane comments/ideas? Really?

If I've learned one thing in hanging around this board for the last 10 years, it's that yes, yes they can.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football