Who Wlll Be the 53?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
goskins
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:55 pm
Location: Hampden-Sydney, VA

Who Wlll Be the 53?

Postby GoSkins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Have at it...

DarthMonk
Posts: 4219
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:34 am

I'll start with position groupings. These are ballpark numbers and could use some discussion.

QB 3
RB 4
WR 6
TE 4
OL 9

DL 7
LB 7
DB 10

P 1
PK 1
LS 1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15879
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:46 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I'll start with position groupings. These are ballpark numbers and could use some discussion.

QB 3
RB 4
WR 6
TE 4
OL 9

DL 7
LB 7
DB 10

P 1
PK 1
LS 1

Wow, those numbers seem valid, but we sure could use an extra WR or OL in there somewhere. Seven DL may be excessive, seeing as we play a three man front. And we might only keep two QBs, but there's got to be some concern about keeping Rex until RG Jr. Jr. shows he can make it through the first few games without any trouble. Also, we may be able to get the LS from one of the OL, so that could be another spot.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14324
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'll start with position groupings. These are ballpark numbers and could use some discussion.

QB 3
RB 4
WR 6
TE 4
OL 9

DL 7
LB 7
DB 10

P 1
PK 1
LS 1

Wow, those numbers seem valid, but we sure could use an extra WR or OL in there somewhere. Seven DL may be excessive, seeing as we play a three man front. And we might only keep two QBs, but there's got to be some concern about keeping Rex until RG Jr. Jr. shows he can make it through the first few games without any trouble. Also, we may be able to get the LS from one of the OL, so that could be another spot.


'parently, somebody doesn't value the LS... A team does that at it's own peril.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15879
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I'll start with position groupings. These are ballpark numbers and could use some discussion.

QB 3
RB 4
WR 6
TE 4
OL 9

DL 7
LB 7
DB 10

P 1
PK 1
LS 1

Wow, those numbers seem valid, but we sure could use an extra WR or OL in there somewhere. Seven DL may be excessive, seeing as we play a three man front. And we might only keep two QBs, but there's got to be some concern about keeping Rex until RG Jr. Jr. shows he can make it through the first few games without any trouble. Also, we may be able to get the LS from one of the OL, so that could be another spot.


'parently, somebody doesn't value the LS... A team does that at it's own peril.

Not saying I don't value the position, just that our LS may come from the ranks of the OL, thereby freeing up one roster spot.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:29 pm

The Redskins were 8-0 when Sundberg played last year. We can't get rid of him!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

DarthMonk
Posts: 4219
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:The Redskins were 8-0 when Sundberg played last year. We can't get rid of him!


Damn right, b!tches!!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#14
Posts: 4263
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I'll start with position groupings. These are ballpark numbers and could use some discussion.

QB 3
RB 4
WR 6
TE 4
OL 9

DL 7
LB 7
DB 10

P 1
PK 1
LS 1


I think it will be 6 DL & 8 LB
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

tribe
Posts: 6107
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 pm

The question is WHO....not how many per position.

I predict RGIII will be on the 53.

Names, people......we need NAMES here.........!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14324
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:49 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:

Names, people......we need NAMES here.........!!!


Even better... Do folks think the member who started this thread should voice an opinion? Come on, dude...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piglet
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Leesburg, FL

Postby Rayskins69 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

QB- Griffin, Cousins, Grossman
RB- Morris, Young, Helu, Royster (Jamision, Thompson - PS)
TE- Davis, Paulson, Paul, Reed
WR- Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, Robinson, Briscoe (either Lewis or Dawson to PS)
OL- Williams, Lichtensteiger, Monty, Chester, Polumbus, Compton, LeRiberus, Gettis and Mathews. Compton swing Tackle

DL- Baker, Golson, Bowen, Cofield, Jenkins, Nield (Merling taking Jenkins spot until he gets back from Suspension)
LB- Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, Riley, Tapp, Jenkins, Kehl, Barnett (Compton on PS) also see who is dropped for Jackson when he comes back from suspension
DB- Hall, Wilson, Biggers, Crawford, Minnefield, Rambo, Amerson, Doughty, Merriweather, Pugh

K-Forbath Love the kickoffs from that Potter guy though
P- Rocca
LS- Sunberg

Just my two cents- Prob add a couple to the PS that I haven't mentioned.

HTTR,
Ray

#14
Posts: 4263
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Subject to change after the next game.

Offense
QB (3): RGIII, Kirk, Rex
RB(4): Morris, Helu, K. Williams, Thompson (PR)
FB (1): Young
WR (5): Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, A.Robinson
TE (4): Davis, Pailsen, Reed, Paul
OL(9): T. Williams, Licht, Monty, Chester, Pulumbus, Compton, Pashos, Getis, Matthews
Defense
DL (6): Colfield, Golston, Bowen, Neild, Baker, Merling
LB (8 ): Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, Riley, Jenkins, Tapp, Barnett, Kehl
DB (10): Hall, Wilson, Meriwether, Rambo, Doughty, Gomes, Pugh, Minnifield, Biggers, Amerson
Specialists
K (1):Forbath
P (1): Rocca
LS )1): Sundberg
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:28 am

OFFENSE (26)

QB’s (3) – Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Rex Grossman
RB’s (3) – Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, Keiland Williams
FB’s (1) – Darrel Young
WR’s (5) – Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss, Leonard Hankerson, Josh Morgan, Aldrick Robinson,
TE’s (4) – Fred Davis, Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen, Jordan Reed
OL (9) – Chris Chester, Will Montgomery, Trent Williams, Kory Lichensteiger, Maurice Hurt, Tyler Polumbus, Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeous, Tom Compton

***** Lewis or Thompson will get the last offensive spot

DEFENSE (24)

DL (6) – Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Baker, Kedrick Golston, Chris Nield, Philip Merling
LB (8 ) – Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, London Fletcher, Brian Kehl, Perry Riley, Darryl Tapp, Brandon Jenkins, Nick Barnett
CB’s (5) – DeAngelo Hall, Josh Wilson, David Amerson, EJ Biggers, Chase Minnifield
S’s (4) –Brandon Meriweather, Baccari Rambo, Reed Doughty, Jordan Pugh,

***** Gomes or Murphy will be the 10th DB

SPECIAL TEAMS

LS (1) Nick Sundberg
K (1) Kai Forbath
P (1) Sav Rocca


IR/PUP - LEFT SQUAD - SUSPENDED LIST

LB Keenan Robinson, Jeremy Kimbrough
DB Phillip Thomas, Richard Crawford
DL Adam Carriker, Doug Worthington

RB Tristan Davis

DL Jarvis Jenkins (4 games)
LB Rob Jackson (4 games)
S Tenard Jackson (indefinitely)
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piglet
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Leesburg, FL

Postby Rayskins69 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Going to take a better stab at this:
Offense
QB (3): RGIII, Kirk, Rex
RB(4): Morris, Helu, K. Williams, Thompson (PR)
FB (1): Young
WR (5): Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, A.Robinson
TE (4): Davis, Pailsen, Reed, Paul
OL(8): T. Williams, Licht, Monty, Chester, Pulumbus, Compton, Pashos, Getis
Defense
DL (6): Colfield, Golston, Bowen, Neild, Baker, Merling
LB (8 ): Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, Riley, Jenkins, Tapp, Barnett, Kehl
DB (11): Hall, Wilson, Meriwether, Rambo, Doughty, Gomes, Pugh, Minnifield, Biggers, Amerson, Murphy
Specialists
K (1):Forbath
P (1): Rocca
LS )1): Sundberg

#14
Posts: 4263
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Rayskins69 wrote:Going to take a better stab at this:
Offense
QB (3): RGIII, Kirk, Rex
RB(4): Morris, Helu, K. Williams, Thompson (PR)
FB (1): Young
WR (5): Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, A.Robinson
TE (4): Davis, Pailsen, Reed, Paul
OL(8): T. Williams, Licht, Monty, Chester, Pulumbus, Compton, Pashos, Getis
Defense
DL (6): Colfield, Golston, Bowen, Neild, Baker, Merling
LB (8 ): Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher, Riley, Jenkins, Tapp, Barnett, Kehl
DB (11): Hall, Wilson, Meriwether, Rambo, Doughty, Gomes, Pugh, Minnifield, Biggers, Amerson, Murphy
Specialists
K (1):Forbath
P (1): Rocca
LS )1): Sundberg


I don't see us keeping 11 DB's. To the best of my knowledge, we never have. I also think it would be very risky to go with only 1 backup interior OL.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football