What's the holdup with LeRibeus?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 pm

"What is the holdup with getting a deal done for Josh LeRibeus, who was the eighth pick of the third round? In the rush to get draft picks signed last year after the lockout ended a couple of contracts for players chosen early in the third round ended up being significantly undervalued. Those contracts set the value for this year's early third round picks lower than the CBA says they should be. The teams want the lower values to set the basis for the deals this year and the players and agents want the CBA to be the guide. Check out this article for a more detailed explanation.

--Robert Griffin III remains unsigned so unless something happens this morning he and LeRibeus can't be at Redskins Park today when their fellow rookies report for work. If nothing happens with his contract this morning and Griffin misses today it won't be a big deal. There isn't much to worry about if it goes into Tuesday, either. If he's not there Wednesday that will start to add up into some significant missed time."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 pm

good info.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Sorry for the pessimistic post, but LeRib has me a little skeptical:

"LeRibeus appears to be sidelined moreso because of conditioning reasons than injury at this point. LeRibeus admitted earlier this offseason he had gained quite a bit of weight. He suffered a hamstring injury."

Source:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -practice/

This is the second time his "weight issue" has come up. Last time it was apparently due to laziness, but this time around there was also an injury. Just saying, you can be hurt and still "watch yourself".

I thought he looked pretty solid when he filled in for players last year...would hate to see this kid waste his potential :/

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Josh LeRibeus - G - Redskins

The Redskins were disappointed with second-year G/C Josh LeRibeus' fitness at offseason workouts.

Per the Washington Post, last year's 71st overall pick "did not have the best offseason" and OL coach Chris Foerster said he needs to be "in better shape." Barring a major turnaround, LeRibeus won't be a serious contender for a 2013 starting job. LG Kory Lichtensteiger and RG Chris Chester are locked in.

Source: Washington Post Jul 14 - 1:20 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Even in great shape, I think he has a hard time unseating Lichtensteiger or Chester. He's had weight problems all of this adult life. Damn near ate himself out of college.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby yupchagee » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:04 am

The Hogster wrote:Even in great shape, I think he has a hard time unseating Lichtensteiger or Chester. He's had weight problems all of this adult life. Damn near ate himself out of college.

That's what? About 4 yrs?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football