Redskins, Williams Sued By Former Player Over Alleged Bounty

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Redskins, Williams Sued By Former Player Over Alleged Bounty

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:27 am

Redskins, Williams Sued By Former Player Over Alleged Bounty Scandal
The Washington Redskins are being sued by former NFL linebacker Barrett Green in connection to an alleged bounty program run by then defensive coordinator Gregg Williams in 2004.

In the suit, which also names Williams and former tight end Robert Royal as defendants, Green claims a hits-for-cash program was responsible for a career-ending knee injury he suffered in 2004 during a game against the Redskins while playing for the New York Giants.

According to sports law expert Gabe Feldman the lawsuit states: “Redskins coaches directed their players to disregard criminal (and) civil laws, as well as NFL rules, to intentionally injure opponents.”

The Redskins declined to comment Monday on the lawsuit.

:shock: :? :shock:

OK, I'm going to need some help from one of our lawyer type board members on this one.

First of all, Barrett Green played the following week and was on an NFL roster until the start of the 2006 season, yet claims his career was ended by a hit he took in 2004.

Next problem I have with this is if he was cut due to some type of injury, there would have been a injury settlement of some kind or he would have been waived with a injured designation.

My last issue with this suit is the fact that the player that's being accused of injuring Green was a freaking TE. Granted he play a little on the defensive side of the ball but that was mostly with the Buffalo Bills with Gregg Williams still on Washington's staff, in fact in 2004 at the time in question Royal was the starting TE for the Skins and had limited to no defensive duties.

The fact that the NFL cleared the Skins of any wrong-doing under GW is also a point of interest.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 am

We live is a litigious society....that's the extent of my law knowledge.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 am

It's a reach for sure. Very hard to separate these issues out with that kind of murky playing and injury history before and after the game against the Skins.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:32 am

Laugh out loud test?

Probably passes. So no Rule 11 violation here.

Surviving Summary Judgement/Motion to dismiss?

Probably not.

Emoses14, Esq.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:50 pm

1)How long is the statute of limitations?
2) Royal played TE. Williams didn't coach him.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Maybe hoping it will be cheaper for the team to settle than defend?

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football