Jason Collins coming out

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri May 03, 2013 7:24 am

=;

whatever. i'm just tired of everything being so homoish everywhere.

accepting is one thing but come on man i know i'm not the only one who sees those things and aren't immediately disgusted by them.. at least give me that. :lol:

as my president, i want whatever he does by way of charity calls to keep it to his damn self. whether that be in this situation or calling victim's families.

das our dam problem in america, we let everything be known. :lol:

even rg3 is talkin too dam much. :lol:

anyways, i'm done here, time to move on to other threads. lata e-$
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:=;

whatever. i'm just tired of everything being so homoish everywhere.

accepting is one thing but come on man i know i'm not the only one who sees those things and aren't immediately disgusted by them.. at least give me that. :lol:

as my president, i want whatever he does by way of charity calls to keep it to his damn self. whether that be in this situation or calling victim's families.

das our dam problem in america, we let everything be known. :lol:

even rg3 is talkin too dam much. :lol:

anyways, i'm done here, time to move on to other threads. lata e-$

Whoa.

Agreed that folks are way too in love with letting their thoughts on every damn thing be known (kind of a funny point to be making on a message board, but never mind that right now).

It's been ages since anyone has called me E-$, that made me laugh out loud.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 am

When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect from the United States Government.

When a Black pro basketball player announces he is gay - which is okay by me - he immediately gets a personal call from the President of the USA, congratulating him for his courage.

Am I missing something? My 2 cents
Hail to the Redskins

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 am

SkinsJock wrote:When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect from the United States Government.

When a Black pro basketball player announces he is gay - which is okay by me - he immediately gets a personal call from the President of the USA, congratulating him for his courage.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

How big would this story be if the name were Tebow? I dare say huge rather than merely big.

LPJ:

Intellectually, I totally accept homos. I think almost all if not all are born that way. I view it as an abnormality ... and it's normal for a certain percentage of the population to be abnormal ... kinda like being 7 feet tall. I do not see sin here ... especially between consenting adults.

Emotionally, I am revolted by male homos while lesbos don't bother me at all. The idea of a 3some with 2 hot chicks excites me but with 2 guys and 1 chick ... no thanks.

I work with a gay dude and we get along great. My intellect has overcome my early upbringing ... but hot chicks making out is still hot and any 2 dudes making out is still gross.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote:When a soldier is killed in the line of duty, his family eventually gets a flag and a note conveying sympathy and respect from the United States Government.

Yes, you are.

Unfortunately, the number of our amazing fellow citizens who put and lose their lives on the line in defense of our freedom and the protocol that has been established (this is a guess from many a wartime movie watched) for, well, ever regarding those killed in the line of duty, results in a. the President (whomever that might be at a given time) probably not being able to get a whole lot else done if he were to call each fallen soldier's family and b. that ain't the established way to deal with those things. To put b another way, if the President were to call fallen soldiers a, c, e and g's family, then b, d and f's would rightly be wondering where there call was.

For the last damn time: Collins' coming out was impactful if ONLY because I can count on 1 finger the number of American male professional athletes who have come out as gay during their careers. The first anything is going to get attention, especially when that something has anything to do with pro sports in America, and usually it should. Whether any of us thinks it should or shouldn't, clearly has nothing to do with the fact that it did and does.

Or, you know; OBAMA SUCKS!! :roll:
Last edited by emoses14 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm

DarthMonk wrote:How big would this story be if the name were Tebow? I dare say huge rather than merely big.

LPJ:

Intellectually, I totally accept homos. I think almost all if not all are born that way. I view it as an abnormality ... and it's normal for a certain percentage of the population to be abnormal ... kinda like being 7 feet tall. I do not see sin here ... especially between consenting adults.

Emotionally, I am revolted by male homos while lesbos don't bother me at all. The idea of a 3some with 2 hot chicks excites me but with 2 guys and 1 chick ... no thanks.

I work with a gay dude and we get along great. My intellect has overcome my early upbringing ... but hot chicks making out is still hot and any 2 dudes making out is still gross.

Where do I sign up for the two hot chicks making out?

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 08, 2013 8:10 pm

I do like the OOPS bumper sticker :lol:
Hail to the Redskins

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Jerry Smith.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:23 pm

welch wrote:Jerry Smith.

You know how I feel about Jerry Smith, John... were he not gay, he'd be in the HOF...

But... this thread is about coming out... to my knowledge, Jerry never did that.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 pm

Countertrey wrote:
welch wrote:Jerry Smith.

You know how I feel about Jerry Smith, John... were he not gay, he'd be in the HOF...

But... this thread is about coming out... to my knowledge, Jerry never did that.

Right. I'm thinking he would have if...people had thought differently about 25 or 30 years ago and if he had not worried what the fans would think. The best pass-catching TE in the NFL would not come-out, even as he was dying of AIDS, more or less for fear of people's opinions.

But did we care? No. He was Jerry Smith, the great Jerry Smith. Jurgensen when asked how the Redskins could come back:"What would I do if I was coaching? First thing I'd do is get Jerry Smith in the dang game".

I'm thinking that it's sad that it has taken so long, and sad that Jerry Smith was not the first.

Return to The Lounge