Looks like either Bacarri Rambo or Phillip Thomas will start

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Which rookie will start the season?

Phillip Thomas
39%
Bacarri Rambo
61%

Total votes : 18
piglet

Looks like either Bacarri Rambo or Phillip Thomas will start

Postby drocksthaparty » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I didn't see this posted, but Jim Haslett has spoke.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/baca ... -redskins/

Which player do you think wins? Take the poll?

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:28 am

I voted Thomas, because we need a FS more than a SS, and he was drafted higher. That's the logical choice.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am

I voted Rambo to shake things up a bit.. both will probably see plenty of playing time, and as rookies will experience highs and lows. If we get a starter and reliable depth at both positions it will be a 100% turnaround from last year. I think Thomas is more of the ballhawking type and Rambo more the hit stick type. It's a given that nowadays we need two different types of players to even try to live up to Sean Taylor. I hope both are taking notes on what playing with pure heart looked like.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:26 am

DeadSkins-
I don't think we can put to much stock on when someone was drafted (particularly with this FO). We don't know the draft board and strategy that went into it. Maybe they wanted both, and picking Rambo first was less likely to get both.. How each progress to the big leagues as well as the scheme will be the deciding factor. Luckily we can't see anything worse back there then madoodoo and co :twisted:
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 pm

ckR,
The draft order wasn't my first reason, that only sealed the deal. FS > SS need, IMO.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:32 pm

From what I remember reading during OTA and mini camp, I think the right answer is Rambo because Has believes him to be the more natural FS and Thomas, the more natural SS. I agree with Deadskins that FS is the greater need which is why I voted Rambo.

I could be wrong about that remembrance however.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 pm

yeah thomas has been playing strong and rambo at free, so by deadskins logic (fs>ss) rambo should get the nod...
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm thinking that Safety (both positions) has gone from pathetic to a strength...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 pm

This thread seriously brightened my day... Two young, hungry, and athletic doodes battling it out at our weakest position last year: is so refreshing to descuss and contemplate right now.

*best thread since "Rgiiis progress with the knee" award! Lmao

piglet

Postby drocksthaparty » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 pm

I agree, it is a great subject, since the both are hungry. I think Thomas will start but I think Rambo is a better player.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:31 am

I voted Rambo because all of the news that has trickled out suggests that Rambo is playing Free Safety while Thomas has been working more at Strong Safety.

I expect one of them to start at Free. So, I'd go with the guy they're giving those reps too. I think Merriweather is back ready to go.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:58 am

Countertrey wrote:I'm thinking that Safety (both positions) has gone from pathetic to a strength...

Can't say that I agree. I have high hopes for the guys we drafted, but any time you are going into the season with your 4th or 6th round pick slotted to start . . . before you've really even seen what they can do in training camp (much less preseason games) . . . you aren't dealing with a particularly deep or solid unit.

That said, I feel about 10x better about this group than I did going into week one of last year. (We didn't look too bad IMHO prior to preseason and the Jackson suspension.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I'm thinking that Safety (both positions) has gone from pathetic to a strength...

Can't say that I agree. I have high hopes for the guys we drafted, but any time you are going into the season with your 4th or 6th round pick slotted to start . . . before you've really even seen what they can do in training camp (much less preseason games) . . . you aren't dealing with a particularly deep or solid unit.

That said, I feel about 10x better about this group than I did going into week one of last year. (We didn't look too bad IMHO prior to preseason and the Jackson suspension.)

There's those rare occasions that your later round picks prove to be 1st or 2nd round talents. Granted, the odds are against them, but I feel pretty good about these guys. Feeling 10x better this year is a great way to put it.

Not so sure they'll have stellar years this season, but I think as a unit, the entire defense will be improved dramatically.

That said, I voted for Rambo. I think we'll be seeing Meriweather and Rambo starting, but also expect to see Thomas in rotation. I also think we'll be seeing a lot of rotations between our LBs. With all this depth and possible rotations in a game, our defense should stay pretty "fresh" through an entire game.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I voted for Rambo...just because I hope he does well enough that I can justify buying a "Rambo" jersey :P
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

Hardly fair... in any other year, both would have gone in the second or third round. The depth of this draft at DB was one of those "hundred year storm" type of affairs.
Both of these players are steals of the Kirk Cousins type... high quality prospects who should never have been available where they were... and will be major contributors...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football