Sam Huff

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Sam Huff

Postby Krusheasy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:28 pm

After 31 years Sam Huff is stepping down as color commentator for the Redskins but still plans to attend a few of the pre game shows with Larry & Sonny.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/06/ ... -37-years/

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 am

Fare well, Sam. I was about 16 when you joined the Redskins. Your voice will be missed, just as your play at MLB was missed when you retired as a player. Enjoy.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 am

I will miss the bickering between Sam and Sonny...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:09 am

End of another era
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm

=D> All the best to you, Sam.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:35 am

Sad to see an era come to an end, but I'm glad that he is no longer on the air. Let's face it over the past few years he has been and shadow of his former self and itc cwas was clear that some sort of mental decline / illness had taken place.

So who is on deck to replace him? I think that the logical person is Doc Walker, but not saying Redskins on a Redskins broadcast couldbe be a problem. BMitch would be my first choice. No Joey T!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 am

I liked Herzog more than Michael ... a lot more. I think Sam was pushed out. Not sayin' that was bad or good ... just sayin'.

Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:Sad to see an era come to an end, but I'm glad that he is no longer on the air. Let's face it over the past few years he has been and shadow of his former self and itc cwas was clear that some sort of mental decline / illness had taken place.

So who is on deck to replace him? I think that the logical person is Doc Walker, but not saying Redskins on a Redskins broadcast couldbe be a problem. BMitch would be my first choice. No Joey T!

Is it to soon to vote for captain Chaos? I think his love for the team and hatred for pukes would make excellent radio... Plus the guy is a pretty funny jokester #justsayin
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:59 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:Sad to see an era come to an end, but I'm glad that he is no longer on the air. Let's face it over the past few years he has been and shadow of his former self and itc cwas was clear that some sort of mental decline / illness had taken place.

Yeah me too. The past "few" years is an understatement. Sam was good for some laughs, but honestly didn't bring a lot of insight into the radio coverage. I'll just leave it at that and be respectful of a great Redskin.

I enjoyed listening to Doc Walker do more on the radio last season. He brings a lot of enthusiasm and knowledge about the game and especially this team. Cooley or B-Mitch would be fine with me, and I have no problem with Joe T. either. Say what you want about Theisman but he is sharp on the air IMO.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I liked Herzog more than Michael ... a lot more.

Me too. Who doesn't?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:I liked Herzog more than Michael ... a lot more.

Me too. Who doesn't?

Some jerk, evidently.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Some jerk, evidently.

He's learned a bit since then, thank God. But too bad for Frank. :(

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm

DarthMonk wrote:I liked Herzog more than Michael ... a lot more. I think Sam was pushed out. Not sayin' that was bad or good ... just sayin'.

I too was a big fan of 'Sonny, Sam and Frank' and still refer to the current cast as "Sonny, Sam and Some Guy"

I don't think Sam's being forced out; I think he's having trouble hackin' it. I love the guy, but sometimes he seemed so confused it was like he didn't know what city they were in.

I think he was ready...not pushed.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:48 pm

I realize it's the end of an era, but since I don't live in the area, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I have to suffer through with the TV guys.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Deadskins wrote:I realize it's the end of an era, but since I don't live in the area, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I have to suffer through with the TV guys.

Same here.. any time I watch on firstrow I'm happy to here pro redskins guys for a change. Honestly it could be Bert and Ernie and it'd be an upgrade from most announcers I'm stuck with!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football