DeAngelo speaks

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

DeAngelo speaks

Postby GFlanagan3 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 am

Deangelo has taken some knocks (and maybe deservedly so) for being a selfish player. He has even acquired the nickname Me-Angelo. This interview may shed a different light on him or he could simply interview well-you decide.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-in ... one-on-one
Last edited by GFlanagan3 on Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~~~~~

Re: DeAngelo speaks

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 15, 2013 12:29 pm

GFlanagan3 wrote:Deangelo has taken so knocks (and maybe deservedly so) for being a selfish player. He has even acquired the nickname Me-Angelo. This interview may shed a different light on him or he could simply interview well-you decide.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-in ... one-on-one

I saw also the interview at NFL Network. This guys wants to be a Redskin and win with us.

I really like his attitude.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Agreed with RiC: I like the attitude he is bringing to the table.

In fact I have relatively few problems with DeAngelo Hall anymore; he's matured nicely and is responding to solid coaching. The paycut was a necessary but still selfless move on his part. He's making fewer mistakes than he used to.

If he can keep himself from punching another player or swearing at a ref this year, he's going to be a nice cog in our machine.

We made a lot of noise about "core Redskins" with Gibbs' second tenure, and figuring out who was and who wasn't. Lots of debating. Under Shanahan it's a lot more apparent that people are on board and putting the team first. My 2 cents
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 16, 2013 7:54 am

Not suprising that this thread is dead.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 am

when it comes to deangelo i'm on a wait and see approach still. just because he seems mature on the interview doesn't mean jack spit cuz on the field he does some idiotic things sometimes.

i still like him, he's a diehard skins fan and grew up in VA so i'm always rooting for him.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

To follow up, because it may be that folks didn't listen to the interview:
This REDSKIN said this:

DeAngelo Hall wrote: That was the biggest thing I wanted to stress. I felt like my contract along with [Albert] Haynesworth was the reason we were in the situation we were in. So for me it wasn’t about the money. I wanted to come back here, I wanted to finish something I started; I grew up in the Virginia Beach area, I’m a local kid, went to Virginia Tech so I wanted to be a part of this football team. I’ve been a part of it when we weren’t so good so to finally be on the cusp of being great, I want to be a part of that. I was willing to take that pay cut and get back on this football team and help us win.

To be clear, he feels as though it was his fault that the team was so penalized by Mara and the league. And. He. Took. Responsibility. For. It. BY AGREEING TO TAKE LESS MONEY!

DeAngelo Hall wrote:I’ve been in this league a long time, I’ve made a lot of money – I got $8 million to play eight games in Oakland. So for me this time around it wasn’t about the money. We started something here in Washington with Coach [Mike] Shanahan
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 16, 2013 7:39 pm

^ right... folks need to watch the interview... this sure looks like a man who has stepped up. I was very impressed when I saw it on NFLN...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby oj » Sun May 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I've always been a DHall fan, bonehead decisions and all, he has great talent and plays with emotion. He has potential that needs better than good coaching, he can be great if you have a great coach that can reach him.
No doubt he is pure RedSkin. My kind of guy.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:42 am

While not my favorite Skin, I have never been a D Hall hater. I had a chance to meet D Hall last season at one of the Redskin tours.....I was suprised at how soft spoken he was. I also thought he would come across as a bit of a ego-centric ass, but he really impressed me with how he handled himself that day.

Since coming to the Skins, really the biggest problem I have with him is the smack talk with other team's players....as that ends up getting him flagged. While he is not the best CB i have seen, he is far far from the worst.

The fact that he voluntarily took a pay cut....heck even felt bad because he thought he was part of the reason that the Skins received the cap penalty....that speaks volumes to me.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football