RGIII reunites with Kendall Wright...sorta...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

RGIII reunites with Kendall Wright...sorta...

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat May 11, 2013 5:03 pm

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/redskins-delight-rg3-reunites-with-kendall-wright-sorta/

What did you see? Were you surprised that Josh Morgan was the most heavily used WR? Were you intrigued to see that Leonard Hankerson had such a large role and is perhaps on his way to becoming a third year breakout receiver? Here’s what catches my eye: The Redskins have three receivers being paid at least $1.8 million each, another receiver who they drafted with the 78th pick, and then some second year guy being paid the league minimum who they liked enough to get on the field 14 times per game, or 207 times for the season. Yes, what catches my eye is Aldrick Robinson and the fact that the Redskins seem to be going out of their way to get him on the field. Sure, this could be a result of injuries, but maybe it’s also foreshadowing of a possible breakout player. So the question then becomes: Who is Aldrick Robinson? The short answer might be that he is RG3′s emerging big-play threat, like a pro version of Kendall Wright.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ch1

Re: RGIII reunites with Kendall Wright...sorta...

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/redskins-delight-rg3-reunites-with-kendall-wright-sorta/

What did you see? Were you surprised that Josh Morgan was the most heavily used WR? Were you intrigued to see that Leonard Hankerson had such a large role and is perhaps on his way to becoming a third year breakout receiver? Here’s what catches my eye: The Redskins have three receivers being paid at least $1.8 million each, another receiver who they drafted with the 78th pick, and then some second year guy being paid the league minimum who they liked enough to get on the field 14 times per game, or 207 times for the season. Yes, what catches my eye is Aldrick Robinson and the fact that the Redskins seem to be going out of their way to get him on the field. Sure, this could be a result of injuries, but maybe it’s also foreshadowing of a possible breakout player. So the question then becomes: Who is Aldrick Robinson? The short answer might be that he is RG3′s emerging big-play threat, like a pro version of Kendall Wright.

I was stunned they kept him on the bench so much last season, especially after his big games. Seems to me he's undervalued, not otherwise.

#######

Re: RGIII reunites with Kendall Wright...sorta...

Postby The Hogster » Sat May 11, 2013 6:17 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/05/redskins-delight-rg3-reunites-with-kendall-wright-sorta/

I was stunned they kept him on the bench so much last season, especially after his big games. Seems to me he's undervalued, not otherwise.

Yeah, he seems in and out of the dog house.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun May 12, 2013 4:46 am

As fans, we tend to see the big plays and wonder why he isn't seeing more action. But the coaches will also notice busted routes and missed blocks downfield, and weigh up whether they are worth the occasional big play - so far, the judgement appears to be that they're not.

Of course, I'm only guessing that's what the coaches are seeing, because I only see the big plays ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

swine

Postby RG3peat » Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 am

Coaches must like what they got, I thought it may be addressed in the draft but it wasnt. I like our draft this year and I looked at WR where we picked and I like what we did...That being said, I hope Morgan or Hankerson steps up...they had BLAH seasons but then again RG3 only had 20 tds. Thats WITH Garcon out for a good portion of season... Then again if the offense doesnt evolve and we stick with the read option as a focus point, then we dont need much more then Garcon and hopefully he stays healthy this year.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:14 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:As fans, we tend to see the big plays and wonder why he isn't seeing more action. But the coaches will also notice busted routes and missed blocks downfield, and weigh up whether they are worth the occasional big play - so far, the judgement appears to be that they're not.

Of course, I'm only guessing that's what the coaches are seeing, because I only see the big plays ;-)

I agree and I also think it is a case of having MOSS on the field. He might be old and drop some but he still has speed and experience.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 13, 2013 5:57 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:As fans, we tend to see the big plays and wonder why he isn't seeing more action. But the coaches will also notice busted routes and missed blocks downfield, and weigh up whether they are worth the occasional big play - so far, the judgement appears to be that they're not.

I agree and I also think it is a case of having MOSS on the field. He might be old and drop some but he still has speed and experience.

Yeah... This could be a big part of it, great point. Moss was RGIII's saftey blanket last year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Sorry to be a little off topic, but speaking of our receivers, how is Garcon & Morgan's recovery coming along? Just want to make sure I haven't overlooked any recent news (if there is any).

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon May 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I heard that Morgan had a setback in January that required surgery. Last that I heard on Garcon was a quote that he said that he "should be good enough to go by training camp." or something to that effect. The reporters made a big deal out of the word should suggesting that he's not healing properly.

Not great news, but I expect them both to be a bit healthier than they were at the end of the year just with the time to heal and rest factor.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm

regarding Garcon - this from La Canfora, he's not one of my favorites but ...
this article was about some players he thinks might have good seasons

"Pierre Garcon, WR, Washington Redskins: Of all of the guys on this list, Garcon is probably the most accomplished, and he's certainly the most senior, having already played five seasons. But he's still not yet 27 and if he could ever stay healthy -- I know, that's a major if in this case -- he could truly soar.

In limited glimpses last season, his first as a Redskin, the offense took on a more robust dynamic with him present and he and young quarterback Robert Griffin III (himself a major injury question, too) had instant chemistry.

Injuries always seem to be nagging at Garcon but he seems dedicated to building up his body this offseason. He is explosive (Garcon has a touchdown catch of at least 57 yards in each of the past three seasons) and has the ability to average over 15 yards per catch, and catch upwards of 100 balls. The Redskins want to feature him, without a doubt, but he has started all 16 games only once in his career. If that can change, then 2013 could be very interesting for the Redskins and their top receiver."

now ... I understand that Pierre has been 'injury prone' ... hopefully this "building up his body" MIGHT in some way help mitigate that this season
IMO, Kyle and RG3 have a LOT of confidence in getting some BIG plays out of both Moss and Garcon

on a side note - the ONLY concern about RG3 is when he can play - I have ZERO doubt his knee will be as good as it was
that operation and the use of stem cells will possibly mean a more structurally sound knee than it was
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 14, 2013 8:17 am

most senior of younger guys he means? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue May 14, 2013 11:19 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:But the coaches will also notice busted routes and missed blocks downfield, and weigh up whether they are worth the occasional big play - so far, the judgement appears to be that they're not.

The word I have heard about him from some at Redskins Park is: INCONSISTENT.

My feeling is that this is a make or break year for him and Hankerson.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football