We have a famed "Matthews" signed....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 09, 2013 9:30 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: ... these guys could replace someone if they EARN it. That forces your starters to not become complacent.

^^ I'm with you on this - BIG TIME

we now seem to not be hit or miss as much as we were a few years ago .. most all the guys that have been added have been a lot closer to "making it" here than we're used to seeing

the competition for roster spots can only help EVERYONE - and these guys know they will get a shot and a decent look at playing here from the coaches
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not sure about this move. I do not wish to sound negative, I really do not know.

We apparently traded Kyle Wilburn, another C and OL to the Titans. So, this was really a trade.

Is that true?? Surprising, especially considering Bruce Matthews is the o-line coach there!

Postby yupchagee » Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not sure about this move. I do not wish to sound negative, I really do not know.

We apparently traded Kyle Wilburn, another C and OL to the Titans. So, this was really a trade.

Wilburn was a good prospect competing with Tevita, another UDFA, for a roster spot. Matthews has a year experience and a good family tree :lol: but I have not been impressed by the Titans OL play. I have not seen film of him and there is where scouts and coaches earn their salary.

We are not looking at starters but potential depth.

We cut Wilborn. I know nothing about either player. I'll trust Shanny & Bruce on this.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football