We have a famed "Matthews" signed....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 09, 2013 9:30 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote: ... these guys could replace someone if they EARN it. That forces your starters to not become complacent.

^^ I'm with you on this - BIG TIME

we now seem to not be hit or miss as much as we were a few years ago .. most all the guys that have been added have been a lot closer to "making it" here than we're used to seeing

the competition for roster spots can only help EVERYONE - and these guys know they will get a shot and a decent look at playing here from the coaches
Robert Griffin will become a really good NFL QB he's got the physical attributes and he knows what he has to do to

hopefully Kirk Cousins can take advantage of this opportunity till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not sure about this move. I do not wish to sound negative, I really do not know.

We apparently traded Kyle Wilburn, another C and OL to the Titans. So, this was really a trade.

Is that true?? Surprising, especially considering Bruce Matthews is the o-line coach there!

Postby yupchagee » Thu May 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:I am not sure about this move. I do not wish to sound negative, I really do not know.

We apparently traded Kyle Wilburn, another C and OL to the Titans. So, this was really a trade.

Wilburn was a good prospect competing with Tevita, another UDFA, for a roster spot. Matthews has a year experience and a good family tree :lol: but I have not been impressed by the Titans OL play. I have not seen film of him and there is where scouts and coaches earn their salary.

We are not looking at starters but potential depth.

We cut Wilborn. I know nothing about either player. I'll trust Shanny & Bruce on this.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football