Redskins’ culture change evident even at bowling alley

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Redskins’ culture change evident even at bowling alley

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 09, 2013 5:48 am

Culture change is difficult to quantify, but eventually it becomes evident in the standings. The Redskins‘ 10 wins last year and their first division championship in 13 seasons indicate the infestation is gone now and new boards are in place.

It's been pretty evident that there was mass change from the foundation up for a couple of years now. Many turned a blind eye to it, refused to believe that it was real or would help. I'm glad that it finally came to fruition last year.

- Discarding the roster
- Building the bubble
- Revamping the scouting process
- New athletic director
- Revamping the weight room
- And more crap I've forgotten...

Read the entire article at the link:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/8/redskins-culture-change-evident-even-bowling-alley/
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:18 am

-treating all players the same, no more "Portis Line" to owner
-revising the cap strategy (e.g. when was the last time we heard the skins name attached to a big $$ free agent legitimately or for PR purposes?)
-Making the roster younger, hungrier
-stonewalling prima donna's rather than pampering them (bye, bye Fat albert and McNugget)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 09, 2013 7:03 am

+1 - this franchise has instilled an attitude that the players here understand that the last season or what they did 'in the past', no longer means very much
this roster is going to be made up of those players that prove they will work harder and REALLY earn their spot each and every day

This franchise has gone through an amazing transformation from top to bottom - even the owner seems to have learned that he knows NOTHING about the game :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I think the most important part has been what seems to be an owner FINALLY letting the football people make the football decisions.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:13 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:I think the most important part has been what seems to be an owner FINALLY letting the football people make the football decisions.

Well yeah, now that he has football people around. All kudos to Snyder. None of this happens without him.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Re:

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:11 am

emoses14 wrote:-treating all players the same, no more "Portis Line" to owner
-revising the cap strategy (e.g. when was the last time we heard the skins name attached to a big $$ free agent legitimately or for PR purposes?)
-Making the roster younger, hungrier
-stonewalling prima donna's rather than pampering them (bye, bye Fat albert and McNugget)

This seemed so true at the time. Seems like the big one that went wrong among the above is the "Portis Line." No coach will be able to deal with that if it continues.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football