2013 UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS - WAS

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 05, 2013 10:48 am

Below is the list of the players that have taken part on a tryout basis:


Quarterbacks
Ryan Radcliff, Central Michigan
Matt McGloin, Penn State
Ryan Aplin, Eastern Michigan

Offensive linemen
Kevin Matthews, Texas A&M
R.J. Mattes, N.C. StateKorey Neal, Eastern Michigan
Michael Repovz, Central Michigan
Andrew Robiskie, Western Illinois
Wade Jacobson, Washington State
Ricky Barnum, Michigan

Running backs
Rod Chisholm, Appalachian State
Washaun Ealey, Jacksonville State
Kenny Miles, South Carolina
Jarred Salubi, Baylor
Issac Williams, Baylor
Shawn Morris, Birmingham Southern (Brother to Alfred Morris)
Mike Mayhew, North Carolina A&T

Tight end
Gregory Hardy, Montana

Fullback
Kelly Johnson, Alabama

Wide receivers
Devonte Christopher, Utah
Antavian Edison, Purdue
Josh Jarboe, Arkansas State
Devin Starks, Austin Peay
Lance Lewis, East Carolina

Defensive linemen
Xavier Boatright, Presbyterian
Aaron Davis, SMU
Castro Masaniai, Oregon State
Andrew Seumalo, Oregon State

Outside linebackers
Brandon Sharpe, Syracuse
Toshmon Stevens, Florida State
Lanston Tanyi, Colorado State

Cornerbacks
Akeem Auguste, South Carolina
Avis Commack, Akron
Seth Thomas, McNeese State
Darryl Hamilton, Richmond
Colby Walden, Jacksonville

Free safeties
Luke Anderson, Wyoming
T.J. Bryant, Troy
Jamaal White, Northwestern State

Strong safeties
Durrell Givens, Iowa State
Ashante Williams, Illinois
Rodney Barnes, Richmond

Punters
Dylan Breeding, Arkansas
Jackson Rice, Oregon

Long-snapper
Jordan Cowart, Notre Dame
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9017
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Mattes was not signed but he was told that he would be signed if there were any issues with any of the lineman that were signed. He's off to KC next weekend for a workout and his agent is going to line up some others for the following.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 06, 2013 5:56 am

Apparently Nixon received a lot of praise from the coaches during the camp.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Apparently Nixon received a lot of praise from the coaches during the camp.

He's signed
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1776
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 am

That's a TON of RBs -- in addition to the 2 that were actually drafted. I wonder why.

The only thing I can think of it that MS/KS aren't hot on Helu or Royster moving forward.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

1niksder wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Apparently Nixon received a lot of praise from the coaches during the camp.

He's signed


Great.


markshark84 wrote:That's a TON of RBs -- in addition to the 2 that were actually drafted. I wonder why.

The only thing I can think of it that MS/KS aren't hot on Helu or Royster moving forward.


And water is wet.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4754
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon May 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I was laughing to see this in today's Redskins Insider mailbag:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -and-more/
There was a lot of buzz on the internet advocating that the Redskins sign Dominick Reyes, a safety from Stony Brook, as an undrafted free agent, or at least give him a tryout. So far the Redskins seem oblivious to the fans’ suggestions. Can you provide any insight as to whether the Redskins are aware of Mr. Reyes’ athletic accomplishments and whether they are willing to bring him to the rookie minicamp for a tryout?

Jay Jennings


No, Dominick Reyes wasn’t among the tryout players at the rookie minicamp. The Redskins have at least 10 people in their front office, in addition to Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen, who are paid to evaluate talent, and then they have another 15 assistant coaches who also watch film of draft prospects leading up the draft. They check out every player out there. So it’s safe to say that they are fully aware of Reyes’s accomplishments, as well as any shortcomings in his game. They really don’t put any weight into what fans suggest. They eat, drink and sleep this. Their livelihoods depend on it. So, they definitely know better than the average fan whether a player fits into their system or not. It’s fun to play GM, but rest assured that the Mike Shanahan & Co. passed on Reyes for good reason.


ok, which one of you guys is Jay Jennings??? :)

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon May 06, 2013 2:01 pm

riggofan wrote:I was laughing to see this in today's Redskins Insider mailbag:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -and-more/
There was a lot of buzz on the internet advocating that the Redskins sign Dominick Reyes, a safety from Stony Brook, as an undrafted free agent, or at least give him a tryout. So far the Redskins seem oblivious to the fans’ suggestions. Can you provide any insight as to whether the Redskins are aware of Mr. Reyes’ athletic accomplishments and whether they are willing to bring him to the rookie minicamp for a tryout?

Jay Jennings


No, Dominick Reyes wasn’t among the tryout players at the rookie minicamp. The Redskins have at least 10 people in their front office, in addition to Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen, who are paid to evaluate talent, and then they have another 15 assistant coaches who also watch film of draft prospects leading up the draft. They check out every player out there. So it’s safe to say that they are fully aware of Reyes’s accomplishments, as well as any shortcomings in his game. They really don’t put any weight into what fans suggest. They eat, drink and sleep this. Their livelihoods depend on it. So, they definitely know better than the average fan whether a player fits into their system or not. It’s fun to play GM, but rest assured that the Mike Shanahan & Co. passed on Reyes for good reason.


ok, which one of you guys is Jay Jennings??? :)

Not me. It sounds as if somebody was reading The Hogster :-)

Interesting thing is that not only the Skins but all other teams passed on him even for try outs.

All I know is that coaches were very happy with our CB and 2 safeties over the weekend and that is good enough for me.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 2043
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:40 pm

I don't see anything wrong with fans falling in love with one guy or the other, but it is interesting that a fan would actually send that email in as a serious question. I don't think anyone on here advocating for Reyes actually thought they'd unearthed a player that the redskins simply were not aware of and thus unable to make an informed decision regarding.

And that second sentence is just the best. It really is.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon May 06, 2013 7:28 pm

emoses14 wrote:I don't see anything wrong with fans falling in love with one guy or the other, but it is interesting that a fan would actually send that email in as a serious question. I don't think anyone on here advocating for Reyes actually thought they'd unearthed a player that the redskins simply were not aware of and thus unable to make an informed decision regarding.

And that second sentence is just the best. It really is.


LOL sure but I'm still glad someone asked it...good reassurance.

#14
Online
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Mon May 06, 2013 8:57 pm

markshark84 wrote:That's a TON of RBs -- in addition to the 2 that were actually drafted. I wonder why.

The only thing I can think of it that MS/KS aren't hot on Helu or Royster moving forward.


We needed bodies for Mini camp. You are limited if you only have 2 RB's there.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#14
Online
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Mon May 06, 2013 9:07 pm

A little off subject, but has anyone heard anything about Minnifield & Bernstine from last yrs crop?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Pacman Rules
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Lawn Monster

Postby gay4pacman » Mon May 06, 2013 9:34 pm

auguste sleeper? played on a great defense at usc....
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4754
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm

A little more on Xavier Nixon today if you're interested. He dances around some of the work ethic questions, but not much he can do about that. He's going to have to come out and prove he can work hard. Can't just rely on your size and athleticism alone at this level.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ns-system/

Tackle is considered a position of need for the Redskins. The team has a Pro Bowl player in Trent Williams on the left side. At right tackle, Tyler Polumbus returns a year after starting 16 out of 17 games, but he has some limitations. Offseason additions Jeremy Trueblood and Tony Pashos have starting experience, but Trueblood struggled and lost his job in Tampa Bay last season, and Pashos was out of football with a serious foot injury in 2012. Meanwhile, 2012 sixth-round pick Tom Compton also is in the mix, but didn’t play a game last season.

Nixon, who along with his impressive size boasts good athleticism, believes that he has found the ideal situation in Washington. The Gators ran a zone-blocking scheme, so Nixon already has familiarity with the concepts the Redskins utilize along the line.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4642
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Can I get a link to the Shanny gushing over our rookie dbs please?!
Or point me to the thread
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football