RG3 - showing some maturity

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

RG3 - showing some maturity

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 01, 2013 2:29 pm

RG3 gets it - I really do think that he understands all the ramifications of what happened and there is NO doubt in my mind - despite what Brinson thinks - that Mike & Kyle do also

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... t-seahawks

He might not be ready to play in game 1 but .... I'd be VERY surprised if he's not ...
IF the criteria is that he needs to be 100% - he's playing for sure

FASTER AND WISER are the buzz words :wink:
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

RGIII wrote:“With what happened and how everything was running -- you take me out," Griffin says. "If that happened again next year, I'd come out of the game and sit until I was 100 percent healthy."

He's referring to Mike.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Re: RG3 - showing some maturity

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 gets it - I really do think that he understands all the ramifications of what happened and there is NO doubt in my mind - despite what Brinson thinks - that Mike & Kyle do also

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... t-seahawks

He might not be ready to play in game 1 but .... I'd be VERY surprised if he's not ...
IF the criteria is that he needs to be 100% - he's playing for sure

FASTER AND WISER are the buzz words :wink:

Man this is a sigh of relief!! In the back of my mind I truly believed this, but there's always that thought of "what if he does it again?"

Time will tell is he's being sincere, but I feel that there's enough "sincerity" in tone here for me to relax.

Thanks for the vacation :D

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 01, 2013 4:11 pm

RG really needs to STFU about this thing.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:RG really needs to STFU about this thing.

True, but I'm glad this one came out.

**Quick edit**

Also can't help but wonder how much of this is being dragged out of him by media (ex. interviews that "go" in that direction).

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm done hearing about the Playoff game from everyone at this point. I still don't see him blaming Mike, but I'm done parsing.

All I wanna hear now are progress reports on the knee, amazement at his healing ability, and when he's hitting the field (in august for that last one, I don't want to hear about that now).
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 02, 2013 7:16 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
RGIII wrote:“With what happened and how everything was running -- you take me out," Griffin says. "If that happened again next year, I'd come out of the game and sit until I was 100 percent healthy."

He's referring to Mike.

+1 - I agree - he now understands that ... "I'd come out of the game and sit until I was 100% healthy" means that he knows that he's not going to be "allowed" to put himself and the team at risk ...

I also agree that everybody would be better served by not trying to hype anything and everything ... but that ain't happening with this team and the DC media .. count on it
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 02, 2013 7:19 am

can somebody tweet rg3 and tell him to stay off twitter please?

thanks in advance

j
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 02, 2013 7:24 am

To me RGIII is seeing this more and more from the "outside." He's calm now, has had time to see the film and reflect. A few months ago there was his comment about others understanding their responsibility concerning the Seattle debacle. Now "You take me out." I think he can now see he wanted Mike to pull him. He clearly did not want to pull himself. Mike was in a position to pull him and take any heat that may have resulted. He should have. This is pretty much all my opinion, of course.

I think Mike and RGIII should meet and settle on a public line so they can close this thing once and for all.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 02, 2013 7:52 am

DarthMonk wrote: I think he can now see he wanted Mike to pull him. He clearly did not want to pull himself.

If he wanted Mike to pull him, then why did he go through the shpeel about injury vs. hurt?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 am

I agree Darth .. I DO think that RG3 and Mike (Kyle) are on the 'same page' and EVERYBODY learned a lot from all that happened last season .. on and off the field

I am looking forward to seeing a better 'understanding' between them and think that we'll see that clearly translated into what happens going forward ...

UNFORTUNATELY ... the media is never going to stop speculating, especially with this franchise and this incredible talent

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: I think he can now see he wanted Mike to pull him. He clearly did not want to pull himself.

If he wanted Mike to pull him, then why did he go through the shpeel about injury vs. hurt?

It is my OPINION unsupported so to speak, that RGIII wanted to be overruled and pulled by Mike. I'm sure he feels that way now. I think in hindsight he realizes he actually felt that way then but only subconsciously. As I said, he's calm, has had time to watch the film, and reflect as an "outsider." I think he did say some things to some teammates on the sidelines that point to my take a little. He certainly didn't want to "pull a Cutler."

People push limits all the time while subconsciously wanting to be reined in.

I could be completely wrong but this is what I think happened. RGIII has certainly moved away from that "injury vs. hurt" comment (and all that it entails) on the sidelines at least twice since then.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 am

A really MATURE player puts this incident BEHIND. He is still talking like a rookie. He is not.

Stop falling for lures sent by the media, RGIII. Put it BEHIND and remain the leader of this team, a more mature leader after every season. :idea:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 02, 2013 11:00 am

Oh hold on, my lack of reading through posts made me miss this.

Fully endorsed CLL, couldn't have said it any better.. except maybe in smack. :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 am

I'm with you. Though I'm sure the media is going to hound him about it for the next season at least.

And he's full of it anyway. Nobody in the NFL holds themselves out of a game until they are "100% healthy".

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football