Jarboe, WR invited to Mini-camp

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Jarboe, WR invited to Mini-camp

Postby SKINS#1 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Jarboe, WR invited to mini-camp is interesting to watch, diamond in the rough???

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2013 ... mini-camp/

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 pm

love the fact he's getting a shot at playing in B&G and maybe catching passes from RG3 ...

the NFL, each year at this time, has a bunch of guys that just want a chance - some have messed up badly and some have unbelievable talent ....

all these guys have to clearly understand one simple fact ... talent is everywhere - this organization is not that interested in if you've got talent

ALL the Redskins' staff wants to see is how badly you will try to prove yourself WORTHY of wearing the B&G

there are probably over 300 new guys trying to take jobs from some pretty good players - most will be watching NFL games in the fall and it will not be from the sidelines
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 pm

SkinsJock wrote:love the fact he's getting a shot at playing in B&G and maybe catching passes from RG3 ...

the NFL, each year at this time, has a bunch of guys that just want a chance - some have messed up badly and some have unbelievable talent ....

all these guys have to clearly understand one simple fact ... talent is everywhere - this organization is not that interested in if you've got talent

ALL the Redskins' staff wants to see is how badly you will try to prove yourself WORTHY of wearing the B&G

there are probably over 300 new guys trying to take jobs from some pretty good players - most will be watching NFL games in the fall and it will not be from the sidelines

I'm all about signing a few problematic players as long as they are more of a backup role and not the best dog in the fight. Mainly for selfish reasons; don't want to see a guy turn into a game changer then get suspended. However if he is 1 of 2, 3, or 4 game changers in the same position...go for it!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

I remember this guys recruitment. NC State was all over him but of course we lost out to him. When he left his first school it was because if I remember correctly it was either drugs or grades related. Can't remember. He's a perfect example of a kid who has ALL the talent in the world but can't get out of his own way. Would love to see some vet's bring him in and try to wrangle his attitude.

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Wed May 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I hope this dude can make the cut. Maybe take Banks spot. I love to hear stories like his but end up maturing and becoming a player. I hope for the best to him.
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:22 pm

rg3togarcon wrote:I hope this dude can make the cut. Maybe take Banks spot. I love to hear stories like his but end up maturing and becoming a player. I hope for the best to him.

With you on that.

He's 6'3"...we need to keep picking up tall WRs. To my shame, I haven't bothered to check our current WRs height, but I feel like this guy might be above average there.

40 low is 4.46; Aldrick Robinson is 4.35 - I'd rather see how Robinson does as a KR but then again he might not have the skill set there that Jarboe has.

Remember back when we used to use Darrell Green as a PR? That's what I'm hoping to bring back :) Dude hurdles over a man, pulls his ribs/stomach (something like that), and keep blazing down the field holding his gut.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:25 pm

I like this...hope it happens are they say:

“Make no mistake,” Martin said of this weekend, “failure is not an option for him. He knows that.”

Jarboe, who’s had his back against the wall many times before, sounded humbled by the opportunity, but confident of his chances.

“I’m proud to get a shot,” he said, then added, “I should be catching balls this season from RG III.”

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Wow, didn't know he was that tall.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

In case anyone was curious, here's what I could find:

1. Pierre Garcon
6' 212lbs
40 = 4.42 (low 4.37)

2. Santana Moss
5'10" 189lbs
40 = 4.35, 4.26, "4.2 consistently...that's 6 years ago"

3. Josh Morgan
6'1" 220lbs
40 = 4.47

4. Leonard Hankerson
6'2" 211lbs
40 = 4.40 (low 4.36)

5. Aldrick Robinson
5'10" 181lbs
40 = 4.35

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Has anyone found a decent highlight video of this guy? All I could find is highlights from the entire team's season.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 01, 2013 6:28 pm

What a STORY.

I know Shanny does not bring trouble to the team. So, he must be sure about this guy. I will not say another word about this one way or another.

What an intriguing prospect which could go very weel or bad. :shock:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Like I mentioned before. The guy could be better than most guys in the league if he wants to be. He's no C. Johnson or Andre Johnson but he's right there. The biggest issue is that he can't stay out of trouble. He wants to be a player in the NFL but also wants to be a Playa!!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 am

Seems like Mike is putting his coaching staff to the test this year. With that penalty, they couldn't get the safe talent. This could go really well, or just flicker out. I don't see the lockeroom allowing him to cause any issues. If some of the project players can catch on, that just allows the team to address other needs via FA/draft next year.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 02, 2013 5:49 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Seems like Mike is putting his coaching staff to the test this year. With that penalty, they couldn't get the safe talent. This could go really well, or just flicker out. I don't see the lockeroom allowing him to cause any issues. If some of the project players can catch on, that just allows the team to address other needs via FA/draft next year.

Shanahan has a long history of bringing in players with a history of "issues"... they either make the best of it, or they are gone... this is not new for him, nor is he taking a risk.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 am

Countertrey wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Seems like Mike is putting his coaching staff to the test this year. With that penalty, they couldn't get the safe talent. This could go really well, or just flicker out. I don't see the lockeroom allowing him to cause any issues. If some of the project players can catch on, that just allows the team to address other needs via FA/draft next year.

Shanahan has a long history of bringing in players with a history of "issues"... they either make the best of it, or they are gone... this is not new for him, nor is he taking a risk.

No, I don't see it being a risk for him. It'll work or it'll go away.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football