Tanard Jackson

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
FanFromAnnapolis

Tanard Jackson

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 am

What's the deal with Jackson? From what I understand, he's under contract with us even though he's suspended.

Can he participate in offseason workouts? Official ones? Unofficially showing up to our gym and working with trainers?

Can he participate in offseason practices? Which ones?

How about training camp?

Do we think that the Skins coaches are counting on him being reinstated for the fall and are assuming he'll be starting for us?

Thoughts?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am

From what I understand he isn't eligable for re-instatment until like September 1st, so if he is retained, I don't really see him contributing much this year.
RGIII and the terrible D

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am

No, no, no and no.

A suspended player is not allowed to show up for anything until the NFL, meaning Mara and Goodahell, decide that it is appropriate to do so. Most observers expect him to be cleared to start participating in anything after Sept 1. Of course, he can and should keep in shape but shape is one thing and play shape and being on the same page as other members of the secondary is quite another.

I think the team has moved on. I expect him to be released or become a backup for depth at best. He never had a chance to show anything and he may be one of those extremely blessed kids with great potential who decided to throw it all away being stupid and selfish. It pains me to see a person throw their future away. Rahim will probably have an input in this choice.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 am

Correction he is ELIGIBLE for reinstatment August 31st

According to a written statement released by the league last August, when Jackson was suspended without pay, he is eligible for reinstatement beginning Aug. 31, 2013.

From this article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -redskins/
RGIII and the terrible D

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:57 am

He can't participate in anything until he is reinstated. The Skins knew this last year end opted to keep him. So we will see what happens. I'm pulling for these rookies to make it hard to keep them off the field.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Tanard Jackson

Postby 1niksder » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 am

Irn-Bru wrote:What's the deal with Jackson? From what I understand, he's under contract with us even though he's suspended.

Can he participate in offseason workouts? Official ones? Unofficially showing up to our gym and working with trainers?

Can he participate in offseason practices? Which ones?

How about training camp?

Do we think that the Skins coaches are counting on him being reinstated for the fall and are assuming he'll be starting for us?

Thoughts?

Until he is reinstated he can’t have contact with the team or be on the team's property, Jackson is eligible for reinstatement on August 31, after the OTAs and training camp have ended. Jackson might be reinstated the end of August or the suspension may go beyond the stated August 31 date, because this is his second indefinite suspension. If/when he returns, they can work him into shape under a roster exemption.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am

Ouch. Yes, it seems like if he's going to contribute it won't be this year. Too bad. I remember liking what little we saw of him last year before he was suspended.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby fetus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

I don't remember seeing him last year.... was he playing preseason????
RGIII and the terrible D

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 pm

fetus wrote:Correction he is ELIGIBLE for reinstatment August 31st

September 1st is the day after August 31st ... :shock: the fact remains this kid has most likely blown his opportunity ... He is BIG time STUPID IMO

I'm so glad the coaches don't give these kids much of a break when they do stupid stuff - they get a little leeway like Davis & Williams did, but ...
if you don't REALLY excel after making a STUPID choice - you are gone .. I LOVE that
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Help me out here...was this guy the one who had a legal prescription for Adderall? Sorry...just been a handful of these in a short period of time.

I'd be drinking water and eating tuna fish if I was in the NFL...spend your whole life working towards a goal just to let some drug ruin it all for you :?

Postby yupchagee » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm

I predict he will be cleared to play only after we release him & he signs elsewhere.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Help me out here...was this guy the one who had a legal prescription for Adderall?

Marijuana.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

piglet

Postby rg3togarcon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Personally, I wish he'd get reinstated and he get to play for us. We need the depth and the experience. I think a guy like him may have learned from his mistakes and come out beast mode, or he's gonna screw up again. But I do hope he gets another chance
Gone but not forgotten #21...forever in our hearts Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:
HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:Help me out here...was this guy the one who had a legal prescription for Adderall?

Marijuana.

Thanks brother

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

From what I understand he is training keeping himself in shape and further rehabbing that shoulder injury. From what I was told is he has had contact with league offices who are going to reinstate him, from what his father is saying he is going to play for the Redskins this year. Now I am not sure how much this information is true I was at my barber shop and a guy there claims to be friends with Tanard's father and this is what he said in the Barber Shop..........

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football