2013 Projected Depth Chart

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Royster is the best, pure RB of those on the roster last season.

:?:

Maybe I'm missing some context . . . are you including Morris?

Yes I am. I love Morris, and he is a great RB, but I don't consider his skills as a runner as being as good as Royster's. Royster has better vision and makes quicker cuts. But Morris is a much more durable back, is much harder to bring down, and runs with aggression. That is why I used the word "pure" to describe Royster.

sooo - Royster in your opinion is the 'better' RB ("better vision and makes quicker cuts") - but I also gather that, in your opinion, Morris is not as good a RB as Royster :roll:
I just couldn't resist that ....

I have so much fun trying to figure out what your posts are about some times ..... :twisted:

Better "pure" RB. It's not that difficult a concept.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:Helu and Royster have not contributed even significantly when healthy

Not true at all - especially Helu in his rookie year.

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic. ... thy#614871
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:Yes I am. I love Morris, and he is a great RB, but I don't consider his skills as a runner as being as good as Royster's. Royster has better vision and makes quicker cuts. But Morris is a much more durable back, is much harder to bring down, and runs with aggression. That is why I used the word "pure" to describe Royster.

Naw... Lol.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

########

Postby Scottskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 am

morris is our best RB by far. He makes quick decisions and goes. Plus he's hard to tackle. No top end speed, but he's the workhorse. Both Royster and Helu take too long to make a decision, which is why they have so many zero gain plays. They are both "faster" than Morris once they get going, but I'll take Morris all day long...
Death to the EGO! RIP 21

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 am

Again, I'm not saying I wouldn't go with Morris as my starter, because I would. But watching film of all three, Royster has the most skills as a "pure" RB.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:42 am

Deadskins wrote:Again, I'm not saying I wouldn't go with Morris as my starter, because I would. But watching film of all three, Royster has the most skills as a "pure" RB.

Mike is going to keep the players who give him and the team the best chance to win - he WILL NOT keep the "better player" over a player that makes the other players better :D

Royster, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER PLAYER, will ONLY make the team if he gives the team a better chance for success :roll:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:46 am

Deadskins wrote:Again, I'm not saying I wouldn't go with Morris as my starter, because I would. But watching film of all three, Royster has the most skills as a "pure" RB.

I know someone who disagrees with you, Mike Shanahan.
Oh, yeah, every RB not named Peterson agree that last year Morris was a better pure RB than them.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:

I know someone who disagrees with you, Mike Shanahan.
Oh, yeah, every RB not named Peterson agree that last year Morris was a better pure RB than them.

What don't you understand about the highlighted sentence? Shanahan and I agree. Your second sentence shows you don't understand the concept of "pure" RB skills.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:30 am

SkinsJock wrote:

Mike is going to keep the players who give him and the team the best chance to win - he WILL NOT keep the "better player" over a player that makes the other players better :D

Royster, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER PLAYER, will ONLY make the team if he gives the team a better chance for success :roll:

Obviously. Which is why I've been saying that Royster and Jamison will be battling for the final roster spot. I think Helu will be replaced by Thomas.

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

Deadskins wrote:I think Helu will be replaced by Thomas.

Rong.

Heluuuuuuuuuu.. can't be replaced wit Thomaaaasssss.. it just sounds stupid.

Helu will be back, primarily because we need a cooooooollllleeeeyyyyy replacement.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Deadskins wrote:I think Helu will be replaced by Thomas.

Rong.

Heluuuuuuuuuu.. can't be replaced wit Thomaaaasssss.. it just sounds stupid.

Helu will be back, primarily because we need a cooooooollllleeeeyyyyy replacement.

I hadn't considered that. :-k

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 am

Scottskins wrote:morris is our best RB by far. He makes quick decisions and goes. Plus he's hard to tackle. No top end speed, but he's the workhorse. Both Royster and Helu take too long to make a decision, which is why they have so many zero gain plays. They are both "faster" than Morris once they get going, but I'll take Morris all day long...

*Double post*
Last edited by HTTRRG3ALMO on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

Scottskins wrote:morris is our best RB by far. He makes quick decisions and goes. Plus he's hard to tackle. No top end speed, but he's the workhorse. Both Royster and Helu take too long to make a decision, which is why they have so many zero gain plays. They are both "faster" than Morris once they get going, but I'll take Morris all day long...

Yep. The "purest" RB is the one who makes the most yards for us and puts the most points on the board.

Don't really think there is any competition here on who that player is.

I don't care if the dude runs a 10.5 in the 40...all that matters is that yards are gained and points are scored. Our current starting RB does that better than all of them.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:54 am

Let me try and explain what I mean by purity as it pertains to RBs. Purity has to do with vision (seeing holes before they appear) and elusiveness (making tacklers miss). Being able to run through tackles is not a RB skill, so much as it is a product of physical power. Speed is a component of elusiveness, but it is also not a skill, so much as a physical characteristic.

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 am

Deadskins wrote:Let me try and explain what I mean by purity as it pertains to RBs. Purity has to do with vision (seeing holes before they appear) and elusiveness (making tacklers miss). Being able to run through tackles is not a RB skill, so much as it is a product of physical power. Speed is a component of elusiveness, but it is also not a skill, so much as a physical characteristic.

You are in soooooo much trouble with a bad example that the more you post, the more you sink.

You like Royster and his style, we get that. BEST at anything? Stats would show wouldn't they? Elusiveness would pay off in yards would it not? Vision would pay off in yards, would it not?

Having the vision to find a tight spot among tackles is not a RB skill?

We definitely do not share "purity" or what makes a good RB at all. ROTFALMAO
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football