Official 2013 Draft Thread

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
DarthMonk
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Your Rounders example didn't help your case. :roll:

But I'll take your word for it.


Sure it did - nuts at a juncture.

Nope, he says the ace on the river didn't help him because he had the nuts on the flop.


You switched sides (if you are saying nuts on the flop don't necessarily remain the nuts) and you are ...

... wrong again.

He (Damon) said the ace didn't help him (Damon) because his (Damon's) hand had nothing to do with aces. He held a straight to the 10. This is different than what you just said.

You're right, Teddy. The ace didn't help me.

I flopped a nut straight.


He held 9-8 pre-flop and flopped 6 7 10. Those were the nuts at that juncture and they held up. The nuts on the flop don't always remain the nuts after the turn and river. The turn and river could have come A 6 for instance. This time the nuts on the flop held up. When the final board shows 6 7 10 2 A the nuts are still a straight to the ten.

Also, your "Nope" misses the point. The point of the Rounders example is that the word nut or nuts applies to times other than the river and that the nuts can change as a hand progresses. You can keep trying if you want but you are wrong on this one - as we all are at times - me included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RiuE1rWnso
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:44 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Your Rounders example didn't help your case. :roll:

But I'll take your word for it.


Sure it did - nuts at a juncture.

Nope, he says the ace on the river didn't help him because he had the nuts on the flop.

What in the hell are you people talking about? :lol:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Yes mate, I've been utterly swamped workwise, been at it till 11pm most nights so not had the time or energy to post here to be honest. Developing an exciting new football/lifestyle magazine which is out later this year, also have an NFL mag in the pipeline for publication in the U.S in the planning stages (will be looking for some contributors and writers for that so watch this space as they say)

All sounds very interesting and exciting sir! Good to see you back - if you need any contributions from an ignorant basement dweller, then let me know ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

DarthMonk
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Your Rounders example didn't help your case. :roll:

But I'll take your word for it.


Sure it did - nuts at a juncture.

Nope, he says the ace on the river didn't help him because he had the nuts on the flop.

What in the hell are you people talking about? :lol:


It started out as talking about gambling on upside vs. playing safe in the draft. Back up a few pages if you want to know more.

:lol:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Your Rounders example didn't help your case. :roll:

But I'll take your word for it.


Sure it did - nuts at a juncture.

Nope, he says the ace on the river didn't help him because he had the nuts on the flop.

He (Damon) said the ace didn't help him (Damon) because his (Damon's) hand had nothing to do with aces. He held a straight to the 10. This is different than what you just said.

You're right, Teddy. The ace didn't help me.

I flopped a nut straight.


He held 9-8 pre-flop and flopped 6 7 10. Those were the nuts at that juncture and they held up. The nuts on the flop don't always remain the nuts after the turn and river. The turn and river could have come A 6 for instance. This time the nuts on the flop held up. When the final board shows 6 7 10 2 A the nuts are still a straight to the ten.

Obviously. My point was that he said he had the nuts at the flop, and I don't agree with you that the way he used the term implies that the nuts can change as the hand progresses.

Either way, this is a discussion for the lounge, and I already said I would take your word for it, so let it go already. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:21 am

Pay the man his money.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4648
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:50 am

Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Your Rounders example didn't help your case. :roll:

But I'll take your word for it.


Sure it did - nuts at a juncture.

Nope, he says the ace on the river didn't help him because he had the nuts on the flop.

He (Damon) said the ace didn't help him (Damon) because his (Damon's) hand had nothing to do with aces. He held a straight to the 10. This is different than what you just said.

You're right, Teddy. The ace didn't help me.

I flopped a nut straight.


He held 9-8 pre-flop and flopped 6 7 10. Those were the nuts at that juncture and they held up. The nuts on the flop don't always remain the nuts after the turn and river. The turn and river could have come A 6 for instance. This time the nuts on the flop held up. When the final board shows 6 7 10 2 A the nuts are still a straight to the ten.

Obviously. My point was that he said he had the nuts at the flop, and I don't agree with you that the way he used the term implies that the nuts can change as the hand progresses.

Either way, this is a discussion for the lounge, and I already said I would take your word for it, so let it go already. :twisted:


Will do. Just remember, you started it. PS - If an 8 lands on the turn his holding of 89 is no longer the nuts. 9J is. That's why he accurately says "I FLOPPED a nut straight."
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14837
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:44 pm

Image





Seriously...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii
Posts: 4881
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Countertrey wrote:Image





Seriously...


That beat down camel almost looks like a horse that's been beaten to death!
...almost.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Not having a first round pick, I wasn't as pumped as I usually am going into the draft. But coming out of it, it was an unmitigated success. Nice to not be following the amateur hour like back in the day. And that we didn't have a #1 because we got RG3 all the sweeter.

It was great.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2013