Drafting two RBs is just so stupid

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Drafting two RBs is just so stupid

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:02 pm

We could have use those draft picks on another position we need....we already have alfred morris.....doesnt make any sense to draft two running backs

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 pm

could be camp fodder or competition or extra trading leverage to some team who "needs" RBs. Shanny knows what he's doing.

could also be just to "cause" folks like you to complain and start this thread.....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Yeah, it's stupid bro. It's not like Shanahan has a history of drafting RBs in late rounds or anything. #SARCASM

Last edited by The Hogster on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:16 am

I'm just waiting for someone to post a new thread entitled "2014 Mock Draft" :roll:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:37 am

funsho, see the Jordan Reed/wasted 3rd round pick thread. :roll:
Last edited by Deadskins on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 am

I never question a Shanny late RB pick, the dude has WAY TOO MUCH history of finding gems not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

These guys both look like 3rd down backs. It looks like they don't have faith in Helu's toe/foot.

From what I hear, Royster had made his way into Shanny's dog house by the end of last season.

Maybe, they can trade one or both of Helu or/and Royster for a 6th or 7th round pick.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Re: Drafting two RBs is just so stupid

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:06 am

funsho2 wrote:We could have use those draft picks on another position we need....we already have alfred morris.....doesnt make any sense to draft two running backs

So you learned absolutely nothing from the last retarded thread? Revocation of thread creation privileges is the cure. :lol:
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:07 am

Remember this time last year where a LOT of people thought the only chance Alfred had of making the team was as a back up FB.

Don't question Shanny when it come to late round RBs.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:14 am

funsho2 wrote:We could have use those draft picks on another position we need....we already have alfred morris.....doesnt make any sense to draft two running backs

Why???

Just because they are TWO???

Do you have a beef with their qualities???

Do you know whether there was another BPA at those picks??? Which ones?

Because you are just critcising TWO picks at the same RB position, I would remind you that we need some players to take some of the load off Alfred and RGIII, provided that we may want them to have a career longer than two seasons. Helu and Royster did not contribute much last season for whatever reasons. THOSE are TWO players in case we needed to remind ourselves.

I am not sure whether Helu and Royster are better than these two guys. I will be glad to go to battle in the regular season with THREE very dangerous and even different RBs able to do everything that may be required of them ... receiving, blocking, running with greater production, capable to change pace, create mismatches and ... HEALTHY.

I am all for competition. And not to bring the point others have, I will let the regular season prove you wrong.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 am

Mike Shanahan wrote:“Jamison is a guy I thought would be gone much earlier. We weren’t really looking for a running back in that seventh round, but he was there and we just thought he was too good to pass up. Very similar to guys we’ve talked about in the past. When a guy’s in the seventh round that you have ranked much higher, we thought he could do a lot of the same things. Not only could he excel in the nickel packages, but he could be a first-down runner as well.”
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 am

Hey "funsho," let's take a trip down memory lane. Back in April 2012, you were pretty vocal about one of the Skins' picks, and for the same reason that you are getting so upset in this thread. You didn't like that we took Cousins, and you thought anyone who did like the pick was crazy. Here's what you said about it:

funsho2 wrote:We just drafted a franchise QB 3 days ago....and you guys are here talking about a QB that was drafted in the 4th round....seriously? You guys are already talking about injury to griffin....what kind of retarded thinking is that.....i guess maybe we have sucked like forever and you guys have the mindset of low expectations with the way u are talking

funsho2 wrote:How do you know cousins will be good? ahahahaha...

funsho2 wrote:After trading three 1st round picks for RG3? Does that make any sense....why not sign veteran Qbs to surround your young QB? Did Indy draft another Qb?

If i was RG3 i will ask for a trade right now

funsho2 wrote:This is why we are not a good run franchise while Snider owns the team!
We spend (3) 1st’s and (1) 2nd on a QB, just to get another QB 2 of your teams picks later? There are more pressing needs than a 2nd QB. Beck and Grossman are capable backups. It just makes no sense. Instead of drafting a player that can eventually start or actually be good enough to start. We needed WR help, a Center, a RT, maybe even an ILB, or maybe even a Safety. Yet, we wasted our relatively early pick on a player that we don’t expect to EVER see the field. How are you supposed to “flip” this player in 3-4 years? Showing what he has during preseason games? Please…..Talk about Heath Shuler Gus Frerotte part 2

funsho2 wrote:You spend two first round picks and a 2nd round pick on a guy.....but yet draft a qb in the 4th round....not 6th or 7th....the 4th round....if griffin struggle like cam newton in the preseason and cousins have good games....u just opened a can of worms.....since shananan have joined the skins...i don't know of any smart decisions he has made!....this is a guy riding off on john elway's jockstrap.

funsho2 wrote:[Thread title (yes, you started a thread just to say this):] So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

9/22 74yards 1int ...bwhahahahaha

And my personal favorite:

funsho2 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Regardless... I suddenly feel better about what we will do if Griffin gets hurt... Wow... Bonus... if he shows something when he gets his chances, he becomes a commodity...

What kind of retarded thinking is this?

. . . . forgive me if I take your RB doomsday talk with a grain of salt. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 am

Im not concerned one bit with the RB picks. Bobby Turner and Mike Shannahan could turn me into a 1000 yard back, I'm a 43yr old white guy.

Im more concerned that some of these picks will miss time due to injury or suspensions. Not a huge concern though. I have faith that over 50% of these picks will not only make the roster but, will contribute sometime this season. What more could we expect out of a draft where we had no first rounder?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 am

Gotcha. If you already have one socket wrench, you wouldn't want a second one.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Hey "funsho," let's take a trip down memory lane. Back in April 2012, you were pretty vocal about one of the Skins' picks, and for the same reason that you are getting so upset in this thread. You didn't like that we took Cousins, and you thought anyone who did like the pick was crazy. Here's what you said about it:

funsho2 wrote:We just drafted a franchise QB 3 days ago....and you guys are here talking about a QB that was drafted in the 4th round....seriously? You guys are already talking about injury to griffin....what kind of retarded thinking is that.....i guess maybe we have sucked like forever and you guys have the mindset of low expectations with the way u are talking

funsho2 wrote:How do you know cousins will be good? ahahahaha...

funsho2 wrote:After trading three 1st round picks for RG3? Does that make any sense....why not sign veteran Qbs to surround your young QB? Did Indy draft another Qb?

If i was RG3 i will ask for a trade right now

funsho2 wrote:This is why we are not a good run franchise while Snider owns the team!
We spend (3) 1st’s and (1) 2nd on a QB, just to get another QB 2 of your teams picks later? There are more pressing needs than a 2nd QB. Beck and Grossman are capable backups. It just makes no sense. Instead of drafting a player that can eventually start or actually be good enough to start. We needed WR help, a Center, a RT, maybe even an ILB, or maybe even a Safety. Yet, we wasted our relatively early pick on a player that we don’t expect to EVER see the field. How are you supposed to “flip” this player in 3-4 years? Showing what he has during preseason games? Please…..Talk about Heath Shuler Gus Frerotte part 2

funsho2 wrote:You spend two first round picks and a 2nd round pick on a guy.....but yet draft a qb in the 4th round....not 6th or 7th....the 4th round....if griffin struggle like cam newton in the preseason and cousins have good games....u just opened a can of worms.....since shananan have joined the skins...i don't know of any smart decisions he has made!....this is a guy riding off on john elway's jockstrap.

funsho2 wrote:[Thread title (yes, you started a thread just to say this):] So that is the kirk cousins you guys rated high?

9/22 74yards 1int ...bwhahahahaha

And my personal favorite:

funsho2 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Regardless... I suddenly feel better about what we will do if Griffin gets hurt... Wow... Bonus... if he shows something when he gets his chances, he becomes a commodity...

What kind of retarded thinking is this?

. . . . forgive me if I take your RB doomsday talk with a grain of salt. ;)

I would add something meaningful, but Irn bru just blew up the stage.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 am

What exactly have Helu and Royster done to become immovable fixtures on this roster? I must have missed it.

The 49ers have Frank Gore, LaMichael James, Kendall Hunter & they just drafted Lattimore. The Ravens have Ray Rice & B. Pierce who comes in and runs like a starter.

We have Roy Helu who has been hurt every year. And, Evan Royster who runs like he's on a treadmill. SMH

This could possibly be the weakest thread created, edging out the doomsday thread of yesterday just by a single tear.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football