NFC East Rivals build their lines...

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
+++++++++

NFC East Rivals build their lines...

Postby Skinsfan55 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 am

Sounds like the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are all worried about Orakpo being healthy since they each drafted an offensive lineman with their #1 selection.

Eagles new OT Lane Johnson looks like a terrific athlete on the line. Good footwork...

Pugh, for the Giants is a guy who they say could play all 5 OL positions but will be best at either guard spot... Not a bad move...

Cowboys new offensive lineman Travis Frederick is considered a reach by the Cowboys, but hey... he's still probably better than what they have...

I hate to see our rivals making smart moves and getting offensive line talent, but I've seen Orakpo toss around better players than these three. I can't wait for day two to begin.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 am

Pugh seemed like a reach to me, and Frederick could be a calamitous waste of a 1st round pick. I'm not sure these guys are as smart as you give them credit for ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 am

I think he's being magnanimous.

Eagles = Good pick.

Giants = should be good pick but could have slid down to get him IF they could have found a trade partner. Yada, yada, we know how hard that trade partner stuff can be.

Cowboys = have found their own Vinny Cerrato. Unfortunately for them it's their owner. They traded down and picked up an extra third rounder, but picked a player with a third round grade with their first round pick. That made my night.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 am

Graziano does make a fair point that teams in the NFC East have neglected the lines for a while:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... o-the-line

I am of the belief -- and have written at length on this blog -- that one of the main reasons the NFC East is in a down cycle is division-wide offensive line decay. And yes, the division is down. Over the past three seasons, the division's combined record is 97-101 (yes, counting postseason and the Super Bowl). No NFC East team has won 11 games since 2009, which was also the last year in which it fielded more than one playoff team. Two years ago, the Giants won the division with a 9-7 record. This past year, the Washington Redskins won it at 10-6. Bleh.

The NFC East has superstar talent at quarterback and running back and wide receiver and pass-rusher. But with the exception of a magical six-game run the Giants made at the end of the 2011 season, excellence has eluded its once-feared teams. And the consistent issue that seems to be holding them back is the offensive line

I'm in agreement with Burgundy&Wha? The Eagles pick was pretty solid. Seems like the Giants could have gotten that player or a comparable one later. And that Cowboys pick was a disaster.

Personally, if we draft o-line at #51, you'll get no complaints from me. Menelik Watson/FSU right tackle maybe?

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am

Menelik Watson would be great (imagine, a Brit on the Redskins roster!), and Terron Armstead would be good too. Would love to solidify the right side of the line.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 am

Their all bums.. we gona smash um!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm

They certainly don't seem happy in Dallas:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/ ... ound.html/

Bwahahahahahaha!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Menelik Watson would be great (imagine, a Brit on the Redskins roster!), and Terron Armstead would be good too. Would love to solidify the right side of the line.

Maylock was like "he has no idea what he's doing... imagine what he'll be like when he gets it"... alas... he's gone...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Honey Badger has gone to the Cards. Good for him.

EDIT: Whoops. Forgot I was reading the lines thread. Forgive me. :oops:

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:44 am

Of all the picks I'd be more concerned with the Gnats 2nd rounder Mankins out of Ohio St. (Beast) and ttit's second round TE who could create some matchup problems against aging Fletch.
HAIL

Return to NFL Draft 2013