Redskins meeting with Quentin Jammer

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4768
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

I gotta say I just have a lot of confidence in Shanahan and Allen right now. Clearly cap space is the big reason we're talking with a guy like Jammer. If they think he has something left, can help the team at whatever position and can fit under the cap, then I'm on board.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
gay4pacman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64D1D8cyc4


this is the guy....would love to add him to the secondary


Wow.. kind of tough to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMc06juB ... ata_player

I'm not saying he's as gifted, or anything for that matter. But the similarity is eerie...

I don't follow college THAT close, but I'm with ya! I wonder where he's projected to go, and how far wed be reaching if we took him w our first pick. Luckily I'm not the one making the pick, cuz I'm already sold.


I am now convinced that there is virtually no chance Swearinger is available at our first pick. If he is, RUN to the podium. FAST. In fact, give your card to the appropriate person while chicago is on the clock.

I'm good with Swearinger, Reid or Philip Thomas at 51
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 am

emoses14 wrote:
Depression hurts, Cymbalta (or one of 25 other drugs not called marijuana) can help. His depression didn't want to play in the game, not him. Big difference.


What a bunch of "bull hooey"! Depression has never played a game of any sport ever.

Unless you have a tumor or some other medical reason the physically changes your abillity to control you mood then you have to own it! No, depression isn't a physical reason it is a state of mind.

When you get up in the morning only YOU no one else can make the decision to be happy or sad. AND it is a DECISION!

You control your mood, your mood doesn't control you.

emoses14 wrote:
I know some will call bull hooey on depression affecting someone, but well, that's just absurd.


No, it isn't absurd. The problem with people today is they always want to blame anything or anyone but themselves!
Last edited by skinsfan#33 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:16 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
No, it isn't absurd. The problem with people today is they always want to blame anything or anyone but themselves!


Like I said.

The problem with too many people today is that they can't see past the end of their noses and lack the basic human skill of empathy. Unfortunately, some also lack the ability to sympathize and, apparently, masquerade that deficiency as evidence of their adherence to the dogma of self responsibility.

For me, this entire conversation, with respect to Tyrann, is moot. I don't think his skill set is a value to this team prior to being selected in the 4th round.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm

emoses14 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
No, it isn't absurd. The problem with people today is they always want to blame anything or anyone but themselves!


Like I said.

The problem with too many people today is that they can't see past the end of their noses and lack the basic human skill of empathy. Unfortunately, some also lack the ability to sympathize and, apparently, masquerade that deficiency as evidence of their adherence to the dogma of self responsibility.


I don't have any problem with empathy, sympathy, or any of those other touchy feelly buzz words and unles it is Halloween I don't consider masquerading at anyhting.

I can totally empathise with people that have a reason to be depressed, but that still doesn't change the fact that people choose to be depressed (medical issues with standing).

I see too many people that have everyhting in the world going for them that choose to be depressed because they fixate on the one thing not going right in their lives. Then you have people that live in the worst conditions know to man and aren't depressed. Why, because they choose not to be!


emoses14 wrote:
For me, this entire conversation, with respect to Tyrann, is moot. I don't think his skill set is a value to this team prior to being selected in the 4th round.


I don't know enough about his career / talent level (and wager you don't either) to say when the Skins should or should not draft him.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 pm

The Hogster wrote:Tyrann Mathieu & DJ Swearinger

No to Tyrann with a Draft pick. I woud only bring him as an undrafted agent if at all. I even have doubts about that.

Instead, I will take Shamarko Thomas as a S any time. Yes to Swearinger (in this order).

S and CB are priorities but I suspect we might take an OT, RB and even a WR with the remaining picks.

Stay tuned.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2047
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
I can totally empathise with people that have a reason to be depressed, but that still doesn't change the fact that people choose to be depressed (medical issues with standing).


Ok, I may be the one that flew off half cocked (though I doubt it). "(medical issues not withstanding)" is not an insignificant point. If you are drawing a distinction between suffering from depression (a bio-chemical condition over which one does not have control without medication) and being depressed (over which one does have control), then I agree with your position on being depressed. Otherwise, science and facts would like to have a word with you.


emoses14 wrote:
For me, this entire conversation, with respect to Tyrann, is moot. I don't think his skill set is a value to this team prior to being selected in the 4th round.


skinsfan#33 wrote:I don't know enough about his career / talent level (and wager you don't either) to say when the Skins should or should not draft him.


If your point, Cpt. Obvious, is that I am not a Redkins' GM/coach/scout/other, CONGRATULATIONS, you win the internet today! So I'll rephrase so as not to bend reality too much:

On the strength of having watched each of his games, save 1 or 2, at LSU and despite the fact that I am not a GM, coach or scout or any other profession that would put me in a position to make determinations on whether the redskins should draft him (/deep breath),

in my humble opinion,

Tyrann's skills, combined with our needs, project him at not being worth more than 4th round pick. And by skills, I'm including his special teams prowess. I think Tyrann's got an uncoachable instinct for the game and an uncanny nose for the big play that coupled with the right coaching up of other facets (his footwork and double move biting, for instance, gets him out of position, a lot) could make him great. However, he tends to get out-muscled by bigger receivers, he's better in zone coverage than man (I'd like us to draft an in your shorts man cover guy so we can all stop vomiting at the 10 yard cushions we see too often), etc. However, I think he rightly gets dinged for his off field issues and the risk/reward analysis makes me comfortable at 4th round on him.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4768
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:I can totally empathise with people that have a reason to be depressed, but that still doesn't change the fact that people choose to be depressed (medical issues with standing).


This is some of the most ignorant nonsense I have ever read on this website.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 878
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Staten Island

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Question for everyone on the board. Our 4th round pick comes up and Tyrann and Lattimore (i've seen him slated in the 4th round area) are on the board, who do you go with??? I go with Lattimore for sure and don't look back. Give me the guy who has a passion for the game any day of the week. I don't care if both his knees are mangled. He'll find a way.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Question for everyone on the board. Our 4th round pick comes up and Tyrann and Lattimore (i've seen him slated in the 4th round area) are on the board, who do you go with??? I go with Lattimore for sure and don't look back. Give me the guy who has a passion for the game any day of the week. I don't care if both his knees are mangled. He'll find a way.


Best available. Our first two picks will be for filling holes more than likely. At that point just pick who is the best fit.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football