Hognostications 2012

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Postby ACW » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 pm

What's wrong with ESPN? I use it for all my fantasy stuff (of course some doofuses use Yahoo).
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 pm

ACW wrote:What's wrong with ESPN? I use it for all my fantasy stuff (of course some doofuses use Yahoo).

I doubt it shut down peoples browsers making it a total nightmare to make their picks, like it did to me repeatedly every week...
So besides it being terrible....

Nothing. :lol:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Yahoo rocks. It has it over ESPN all day long. If that make me a doofus, then so be it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby ACW » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:12 am

I've NEVER had trouble with ESPN. Try using FireFox.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:39 am

Not talking about troubles with the site, just the game content. I think CKRGIII did have technical problems, though.

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:43 am

Kind of a long post here.

I thought I'd weigh in. What follows is not meant to discredit ACW's season at all though this post ...

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:There's a rule that bars first year posters from fancy avatars...

It's called:
Nananana boo Booo!

Seriously tho, this year of hognostications sucked. Espn sucked.

It's a draw, you can add it to your Sig, but who'd want a charity avatar in a season that most gave up on or didn't even join? I know it wasn't like previous years, and as a trial year: it failed.

Congrats tho :twisted:

... cracked me up.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I should have went further to say: having it run offsite destroyed the friendly banter and comradery that was there previously. It wasn't as fun, and people like myself didn't get as into it.

I agree completely.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Also- ESPN as a site to run the hognostications was crappy...

I didn't like it either.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Offsite isn't my choice compared to how it was, but ESPN would be far from my second choice too. Y! Probably the best if it stays off site.

Same here.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority, but this season wasn't as fun or competitive...

Definitely not as fun. Not sure about the competitiveness. I felt like fewer people played but couldn't really tell.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:No hogsblogs breakdown..

I didn't feel connected like I did when run on site.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:maybe its first year growing pains, but I won't be doing it if its ESPN again.

You may be right about the growing pains. I would play if done on ESPN but I'd much prefer Yahoo! if we play off site.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:And not to discredit the champ(s), but I don't see the victory holding as much merit as previous victors. How much people even completed the season?

I'd be curious to know the answer to that question and to how the number compares to prior years.

Here's how I remember/think about it. We all looked forward to playing as the season neared. Then ACW stepped up with this ...

ACW wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/en/group?groupID=6348
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pi ... oupID=6348

Group: Hognostications 2012
Password: Hail

Mods feel free to move if this is the incorrect forum.

Bring it :lowblow:

These 4 replies followed and then the thread was made sticky.

tribeofjudah wrote:Is this the new format and will it replace the "old" version of posting on THN?

ACW wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Is this the new format and will it replace the "old" version of posting on THN?
In my humble opinion, it should be. Easy to keep track; plus then we can have a weekly gameday thread. Not up to me though.

Redskin in Canada wrote:I suggest Admin and Hoss speak on this issue.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Sounds like it.might be less work for the guys that run it... If they like it ill sign the dotted line. Better you then me tho, I don't wanna be "that guy" messing with a long tradition! Lmao

... and there we were playing on ESPN. To some degree I felt the contest had been "hijacked." Nothing personal here, no blame being assigned, that's just how I felt. I love picking games and competing. I'd love to see this go back on site but that has to be a lot of work for whoever did it. If we stay online I cast a strong vote for Yahoo! I also think the old tie-break is vastly superior.

My 2 cents
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 am

I agree with all of that, except that I think it was just as competitive (if not more so). And we started with similar numbers to previous years (with one notable blowhard opting out before the competition began), but people fell by the wayside as the season went along. Don't know if that was because of ESPN or just being off-site.

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:32 am

Final results, for the record:

Code: Select all
RK OWNER              TOT
1  acw112983          171
1  tribe-of-judah     171
3  Deadskins          170
4  Redskin_in_Canada  167
5  SkinsJock          165
6  DarthMonk          164
6  andyjens89         164
8  Justice Hog        162
8  vwoodzpusha        162
10 countertrey        158
11 1niksder           134
12 ATX_Skins          125
13 cowboykillerzRgiii 107
14 Teetersalad17       88

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 am

Deadskins wrote:Final results, for the record:

Code: Select all
RK OWNER              TOT
1  acw112983          171
1  tribe-of-judah     171
3  Deadskins          170
4  Redskin_in_Canada  167
5  SkinsJock          165
6  DarthMonk          164
6  andyjens89         164
8  Justice Hog        162
8  vwoodzpusha        162
10 countertrey        158
11 1niksder           134
12 ATX_Skins          125
13 cowboykillerzRgiii 107
14 Teetersalad17       88

Obviously teeter gave up, as did I. I question the other others at the bottom, because I'm pretty sure I gave up around week 10. Maybe not later I can't remember....

For ME, making the picks (on my phone for what its worth) was a total pita. ONLY ESPN would shut down my browser, all pages- which was extremely aggravating, every week and sometimes multiple times before I got the damn picks in...

First vote: on site if the powers that be want that burden back
Second vote: anyone other then ESPN
Third vote: Yahoo!
Final vote: paper mail in ballots
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:59 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:For ME, making the picks (on my phone for what its worth) was a total pita. ONLY ESPN would shut down my browser, all pages- which was extremely aggravating, every week and sometimes multiple times before I got the damn picks in.

Is there a reason you never used a computer?

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:For ME, making the picks (on my phone for what its worth) was a total pita. ONLY ESPN would shut down my browser, all pages- which was extremely aggravating, every week and sometimes multiple times before I got the damn picks in.

Is there a reason you never used a computer?

Well for most of the season we weren't able to get an internet provider with a decent download speed in our area. So I had to use my cell due to company restrictions on work computers.

Return to Around the League