Schedule: Prime Time

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:42 am

A few comments about he schedule:
1. We play each of our divisional opponents in prime time.
2. We don't play the G-strings until the final 5 weeks of the season. You know Mara had a hand in that.
3. I agree that week 5 is too early for the bye. Another Mara jobbing?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:26 am

Links but no list? Here's the list:

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME(ET)

1 Mon, Sep 9 Philadelphia 7:00 PM
2 Sun, Sep 15 at Green Bay 1:00 PM
3 Sun, Sep 22 Detroit 1:00 PM
4 Sun, Sep 29 at Oakland 4:25 PM
6 Sun, Oct 13 at Dallas 8:30 PM
7 Sun, Oct 20 Chicago 1:00 PM
8 Sun, Oct 27 at Denver 4:25 PM
9 Sun, Nov 3 San Diego 1:00 PM
10 Thu, Nov 7 at Minnesota 8:25 PM
11 Sun, Nov 17 at Philadelphia 1:00 PM
12 Mon, Nov 25 San Francisco 8:30 PM
13 Sun, Dec 1 NY Giants 8:30 PM
14 Sun, Dec 8 Kansas City 1:00 PM
15 Sun, Dec 15 at Atlanta 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 22 Dallas 1:00 PM
17 Sun, Dec 29 at NY Giants 1:00 PM
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18553
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 am

I'm not worried about the schedule, at all. They're going to win 9+ games this year, whoever gives us the W's is meaningless to me.

This is no longer a team that we have to hope/wish/pray will win games. They're good enough to beat people, handily.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I'm not worried about the schedule, at all. They're going to win 9+ games this year, whoever gives us the W's is meaningless to me.

This is no longer a team that we have to hope/wish/pray will win games. They're good enough to beat people, handily.


Agreed, but I definitely smirked at eagles first game and frowned a bit at such an early bye. Just seemed weird to have it that early. I expect very good things from this team this year, and I do realistically, not hopefully.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4187
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:46 am

Yeah I'm not hyped about that first MNF game. I doubt RGIII will be ready by then, so its not going to be the game it could have been. Also after waiting all off season and pre-season, I kind of hate not playing on Sunday that first weekend.

Nice that its a home game!

Good sentiment from Chris though. I agree. They can play whoever and whenever. Just win enough of those games to get into the playoffs.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:49 am

I hate the Monday night opener. Sucks to have to wait through opening day.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:58 am

riggofan wrote:Yeah I'm not hyped about that first MNF game. I doubt RGIII will be ready by then, so its not going to be the game it could have been. Also after waiting all off season and pre-season, I kind of hate not playing on Sunday that first weekend.

Nice that its a home game!

Good sentiment from Chris though. I agree. They can play whoever and whenever. Just win enough of those games to get into the playoffs.


For the sake of trying to be too clever by half, wouldn't the fact that we're scheduled for the MNF opener give us reason to think that the league office has received some kind of assurance or been led to believe or at least gotten indicators, that Griffin will be playing in that game? I vaguely recall reports that they were inquiring as to just such information from the redskins a few months back.

:hmm:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Postby Mississippi Hog » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 am

Funsho,

I read that too, but reading a little more closely, they played the eventual superbowl champ in their home opener, which would be San Diego in Week 2.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4187
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:02 am

emoses14 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah I'm not hyped about that first MNF game. I doubt RGIII will be ready by then, so its not going to be the game it could have been. Also after waiting all off season and pre-season, I kind of hate not playing on Sunday that first weekend.

Nice that its a home game!

Good sentiment from Chris though. I agree. They can play whoever and whenever. Just win enough of those games to get into the playoffs.


For the sake of trying to be too clever by half, wouldn't the fact that we're scheduled for the MNF opener give us reason to think that the league office has received some kind of assurance or been led to believe or at least gotten indicators, that Griffin will be playing in that game? I vaguely recall reports that they were inquiring as to just such information from the redskins a few months back.

:hmm:


hah. You're not alone in that speculation!

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... s-progress

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1881
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 am

riggofan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeah I'm not hyped about that first MNF game. I doubt RGIII will be ready by then, so its not going to be the game it could have been. Also after waiting all off season and pre-season, I kind of hate not playing on Sunday that first weekend.

Nice that its a home game!

Good sentiment from Chris though. I agree. They can play whoever and whenever. Just win enough of those games to get into the playoffs.


For the sake of trying to be too clever by half, wouldn't the fact that we're scheduled for the MNF opener give us reason to think that the league office has received some kind of assurance or been led to believe or at least gotten indicators, that Griffin will be playing in that game? I vaguely recall reports that they were inquiring as to just such information from the redskins a few months back.

:hmm:


hah. You're not alone in that speculation!

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... s-progress


Yep. that settles it. We're most certainly into the depths of the off season and desperately need the draft to have something tangible to talk about.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am

Despite RGIII making the most of them, I'm still "anti" on prime time games. I guess I need more than one year of re-education to undo decades of misery training.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~
Posts: 10207
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Despite RGIII making the most of them, I'm still "anti" on prime time games. I guess I need more than one year of re-education to undo decades of misery training.

Let the intensive therapy towards full rehabilitation begin!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15736
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Despite RGIII making the most of them, I'm still "anti" on prime time games. I guess I need more than one year of re-education to undo decades of misery training.

Let the intensive therapy towards full rehabilitation begin!

+1
They don't scare me the way they used to. RGIII seems to thrive on the national stage. That last game, excepted.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6278
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Holy bleep... 5 prime time games, that's crazy! :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 pm

My thoughts re the schedule? Bugger.

So many games kicking off after midnight UK time, I may need to take up some kind of drug habit to stay awake through the season.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football