Garcon: "I can't say I'll be 100 percent . . ."

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Yet another player NOT wanting to go the surgery route.....

:roll:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm

busy bodies reading way too much into a comment.........lol

turn the page, let the draft begin
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 pm

You made the comment. How should it be read other than as snide and derisive?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Countertrey wrote:You made the comment. How should it be read other than as snide and derisive?

LOL

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:05 pm

An encouraging perspective today from a reporter trying to interpret Garcon's remarks:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -and-more/

Q: While it’s no doubt Pierre Garcon was a huge spark for our offense last year when he did play with his energy, physicality, big-play ability, and flashes of great speed. Am I the only one finding it a little concerning our No. 1 receiver is saying “I can’t say I’ll be 100 percent” for 2013 after this extended time of rest and rehab?
– Alec Gerard

A: It is a little concerning, but at the same time, one thing I learned last season about Garcon from talking to him and talking to teammates about him, is that he is extremely guarded and never likes to raise expectations unrealistically or make predictions. So, that’s why he wouldn’t commit to being 100 percent, although he and his camp, and his doctors believe that his toe will have healed to the point that he’ll have his speed and explosiveness by the start of the season. There was no guarantee that surgery would have fixed the torn ligament in his second toe, and so he held off on that, and this past winter, a little more than a month after the season ended, he had a follow-up checkup, and doctors said that his toe was still making progress and that he wouldn’t need surgery.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Deadskins wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:I have a chronic toe condition called sesamoiditis, related to inflammation behind the big toe.

You need to stop wearing those high heels. :shock:

Correction. Running...in high heels?

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:An encouraging perspective today from a reporter trying to interpret Garcon's remarks:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -and-more/

Q: While it’s no doubt Pierre Garcon was a huge spark for our offense last year when he did play with his energy, physicality, big-play ability, and flashes of great speed. Am I the only one finding it a little concerning our No. 1 receiver is saying “I can’t say I’ll be 100 percent” for 2013 after this extended time of rest and rehab?
– Alec Gerard

A: It is a little concerning, but at the same time, one thing I learned last season about Garcon from talking to him and talking to teammates about him, is that he is extremely guarded and never likes to raise expectations unrealistically or make predictions. So, that’s why he wouldn’t commit to being 100 percent, although he and his camp, and his doctors believe that his toe will have healed to the point that he’ll have his speed and explosiveness by the start of the season. There was no guarantee that surgery would have fixed the torn ligament in his second toe, and so he held off on that, and this past winter, a little more than a month after the season ended, he had a follow-up checkup, and doctors said that his toe was still making progress and that he wouldn’t need surgery.

This is promising! I was beginning to think he should go under the knife, as there may be something not seen on xray similar to Helu. Glad to see the doctor thinks he should be fine.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am

The Redskins were 9-1 with him in the lineup... /thread

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

^^ BAM!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"